'20 JUCO CB Art Green

He is one of the fastest players on our team..he got measured at 22.6 mph last year during a practice..
I'm sure if you put them all on a track he'll win his share. He was beat deep often against Mizzou, then Vandy copied the same game plan. Then Chaney did also in the spring game.

I'm sure if you put them all on a track he'll win his share. He was beat deep often against Mizzou, then Vandy copied the same game plan. Then Chaney did also in the spring game.

His straight line speed is very adequate, to me he tends to look a little stiff laterally and that is what can get you beat coming out of cuts and flipping hips.

Sometimes, safteys do not cover the correct man deep. Most likely the case in many of those missed coverages.

Yep it’s gotta be the speed. Definitely had nothing to do with being a true freshman, who had just started playing the position in a first year defense. 🙄

I don't remember Taylor getting beat in the spring game. Also you have to remember that's Taylor's first real year at CB.

His straight line speed is very adequate, to me he tends to look a little stiff laterally and that is what can get you beat coming out of cuts and flipping hips.
Yep which coupled with his aggressiveness, is why I see safety in his future. Just not fluid enough for corner.

I don't remember Taylor getting beat in the spring game. Also you have to remember that's Taylor's first real year at CB.
Callaway took him deep, and I believe Palmer did a few time also though JG couldn't connect. Taylor is a starter, I just see safety in his future. Watch how Bryce(another first year corner) breaks on the ball. He is very quick twitch, Taylor not so much.

Yep which coupled with his aggressiveness, is why I see safety in his future. Just not fluid enough for corner.

😂 one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on here. Literally one of the Top True Freshman Corners in the nation last year and it was his first year playing the position after starting off as a WR..... yet he won’t make it in the SEC as a corner.... 😂

My god, some of the people on this board....

Callaway took him deep, and I believe Palmer did a few time also though JG couldn't connect. Taylor is a starter, I just see safety in his future. Watch how Bryce(another first year corner) breaks on the ball. He is very quick twitch, Taylor not so much.

Palmer is one of the fastest players on the team and Taylor was stride for stride with him. Callaway is not faster then Taylor.

So, from there what are your points? DBs are not perfect throws are going to get by them especially in the SEC. Also, for your information a safety needs to be able to break on the ball, a corner less so, because a corner needs to be able to stay in stride with a receiver and follow the receivers movements in order to disrupt the receiver and QB.

A corner is a player who is often left on an “Island” his only job is to ensure that a pass does not make it into a receivers hands or that a run is turned back inside to those players (LBs) who can help make the play. (However they need to be able to make Open Field Tackles as well)

Taylor with his Elite speed and instincts can do all of those things. Also, he breaks on the ball better than most. So again, this is an idiotic take.

😂 one of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on here. Literally one of the Top True Freshman Corners in the nation last year and it was his first year playing the position after starting off as a WR..... yet he won’t make it in the SEC as a corner.... 😂

My god, some of the people on this board....
Minkah Fitzpatrick was one of the top corners in the nation as a freshman. Guess where Pruitt moved him to(and the dolphins)?

Minkah Fitzpatrick was one of the top corners in the nation as a freshman. Guess where Pruitt moved him to(and the dolphins)?

Curious, that you make a point like that after stating that Taylor isn’t fast enough or good enough to play Corner.

Literally makes no sense.

Usually a safety has the best instincts and ability to break on a ball no matter where it is thrown. Those things don’t add up to your previous posts about Taylor 😂 stop stretching the goal post.

Curious, that you make a point like that after stating that Taylor isn’t fast enough or good enough to play Corner.

Literally makes no sense.

Usually a safety has the best instincts and ability to break on a ball no matter where it is thrown. Those things don’t add up to your previous posts about Taylor 😂 stop stretching the goal post.
I admitted that he has good straight line speed, he is vulnerable to double moves and doesn't have ELITE speed to catch up. Dooley saw something on film and Lock/Hall immediately went to work. Mason copied the same gameplan and Taylor got benched. Spring game did nothing to ease those concerns, those are his last three appearances so should I pretend those games didn't happen in order to appease you? Bama does this all the time, play a kid at corner his first couple seasons. Move him to safety his third year once you sign another talented corner and he goes off to get paid. Don't throw a b!tch fit when Taylor is moved.

Last edited:
You know that's common with elite athletes right? They tend to move to DB after playing QB/do it all in highschool. Hell it was Bryce's first year playing it also, he has better hips.
Bryce had some experience at DB...not extensive. That’s why I mentioned him benefitting from PLAYING experience. Those moves were made by a HC with a lil experience with DB’s.

VN Store

Back