Let's look at Rennia Davis' stats

mcannon1

This is for her sophmore year. These facts are from utsports.com. Wow. Impressive list. I didn't realize she achieved all these accomplishments last year. What do y'all think her ppg and rb #s will be this coming season?

• Named to the 2019 All-SEC Second Team by both the coaches and media.

• Was a WBCA All-America Honorable Mention selection

• Her scoring average tied for No. 5 all-time by a UT sophomore, while her rebound average is the ninth-best for a second-year performer at Tennessee.

• Her career free throw percentage of .805 stands No. 10 on UT's all-time list.

• Had the seventh-most double-doubles ever by a UT sophomore and her 18 as a Lady Vol put her at No. 20 on the career list.

• Her sophomore double-double total is the sixth-most by an active player in the SEC and second-most by an underclassman.

• Paced UT in scoring with a season-high 29 points at Mississippi State while pulling down six boards.

• Led UT in scoring against UCLA in the first round of the NCAA Tournament with 21 points and 10 rebounds.

• Tallied 16 points, two assists and a team-high eight rebounds against Mississippi State in the quarterfinals of the SEC tournament.

Last edited:
Nice thread and a great reminder of appreciating what we have and looking to the future.

Looking for Rennia and Jordan to form a Dynamic Duo one-two punch that will provide the bedrock for a special team.

Also looking for improved production, rebounding, and defense from our returning and incoming bigs.

Nice thread and a great reminder of appreciating what we have and looking to the future.

Looking for Rennia and Jordan to form a Dynamic Duo one-two punch that will provide the bedrock for a special team.

Also looking for improved production, rebounding, and defense from our returning and incoming bigs.

I envision a three-headed monster of those two along with Green. I have high hopes for Zaay. She’s super quick and knows how to score. I’d like to see her defense and efficiency improve.

I envision a three-headed monster of those two along with Green. I have high hopes for Zaay. She’s super quick and knows how to score. I’d like to see her defense and efficiency improve.

Excellent points, and I was remiss to omit Green from the vanguard.

Want to see the Big Orange Crush harrassing opponents into mistakes the way Kellie's last team did in turning over their opponents at an alarming rate.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This is for her sophmore year. These facts are from utsports.com. Wow. Impressive list. I didn't realize she achieved all these accomplishments last year. What do y'all think her ppg and rb #s will be this coming season?

• Her scoring average tied for No. 5 all-time by a UT sophomore, while her rebound average is the ninth-best for a second-year performer at Tennessee.

• Had the seventh-most double-doubles ever by a UT sophomore and her 18 as a Lady Vol put her at No. 20 on the career list.

• Her sophomore double-double total is the sixth-most by an active player in the SEC and second-most by an underclassman.

• Paced UT in scoring with a season-high 29 points at Mississippi State while pulling down six boards.

• Led UT in scoring against UCLA in the first round of the NCAA Tournament with 21 points and 10 rebounds.

• Tallied 16 points, two assists and a team-high eight rebounds against Mississippi State in the quarterfinals of the SEC tournament.
If moping is a stat I hope those numbers decrease! She led the team in that stat!

That is with her playing at about 75 percent if she can get her motor going she will be the best player in the SEC.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
For me, it's a shame I (and I suspect others) overlooked just how good she was by being blinded by the overall poor play and attitude of the team as a whole.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
For me, it's a shame I (and I suspect others) overlooked just how good she was by being blinded by the overall poor play and attitude of the team as a whole.

She was solid, but still had a ways to go. A lot of disappearing acts for long stretches of games. She would finish at her season averages, but would be missing for long stretches of the game. I personally didn't think that she deserved 2nd team SEC, even though I think she was a top 5 talent in the league. She has the chance to change that now.

Reactions: FrozenLVFan
Rennia should be averaging a double double, n i honestly think she could be one of the best players in women college b-ball.. but i think she’s her worse enemy at times and mentally takes herself out of games.. i wud also like to see her finish stronger at times..

She did well for a girl that appeared, at times, not too interested in the final outcome......
If she can get fired up and want the Lady Vols to be a contender again, look out mama.....
Let's all hope Kellie has the "Right Stuff" to wake up this sleeping giant of a player....

Reactions: Smallvol#1
She was solid, but still had a ways to go. A lot of disappearing acts for long stretches of games. She would finish at her season averages, but would be missing for long stretches of the game. I personally didn't think that she deserved 2nd team SEC, even though I think she was a top 5 talent in the league. She has the chance to change that now.
I know what you are saying, but I wonder if the attitude of many of the other players just "pulled her down some". I figure it would be hard to go all out all the time when those around you just don't seem to give a damn.

My major issue with Davis is she doesn’t play defense. She’s an excellent rebounder but refuses to defend. Maybe Coach Harper can fix that.

Reactions: FrozenLVFan
I know what you are saying, but I wonder if the attitude of many of the other players just "pulled her down some". I figure it would be hard to go all out all the time when those around you just don't seem to give a damn.
I think it was less her teammates and more the incompetence of the coaching staff. She looked frustrated. And truthfully, I didn't see anyone on the team who half-assed it. She was probably gulity of it more than anyone else.

I hope she responds well to the coaching change. She obviously has a lot of physical tools and basketball skills that she can easily be an All American if she plays with consistency.

I agree about staff. However I still feel the team as a whole was "mailing it in". As young people will do when they don't agree with authority, they many time don't "put forth a full effort". As we all know, this is not the way to do things, even though in this case I feel the players knew "hell, this ain't working". In Rennia's case, she tried to make the best of a bad situation. She should be commended for her perseverance, which the recognition by the SEC has shown.

I agree about staff. However I still feel the team as a whole was "mailing it in". As young people will do when they don't agree with authority, they many time don't "put forth a full effort". As we all know, this is not the way to do things, even though in this case I feel the players knew "hell, this ain't working". In Rennia's case, she tried to make the best of a bad situation. She should be commended for her perseverance, which the recognition by the SEC has shown.
I agree with you. But I think the "mailing it in" was true for the whole team, not just Rennia...and was directed to the coaching staff as opposed to the teammates.

I agree with you. But I think the "mailing it in" was true for the whole team, not just Rennia...and was directed to the coaching staff as opposed to the teammates.

Sorry, I did not mean to include Rennia in my "whole team". I have tried to convey in every post in this thread my admiration for her play this year. Again, I am sure it has been a heavy load to bear, considering the attitude displayed to me by most on the team.

VN Store

Back