Give me your hottest takes in life

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
(No politics, no religion, no morals and no sports)

Last week I asked about a weird fact about yourself and that was a really fun thread.

This week, I’m asking to give a fun hot take you have about life in general. It can range from a variety of things but just something most people think you’re silly or wrong about but defend. I have two:

1) I hate musicals. I find them lazy tropes of storytelling. I do not need a violin solo over your story.

2) I think zoos in 2019 are silly. You can look at animals on YouTube and find plenty of good nature documentaries that actually show animals live. Me and an ex of mine fought about this all the time.

And again, no politics, religions, morality, or sports! Since this is the pub.

I think making the bed is the most useless activity in the history of mankind. You make it in the morning, no one else sees it until that night when you mess it up again to crawl in to sleep. Exposing your sheets to light also kills the dust mites that tend to live in your matress. Making the bed gives them a nice dark place, which is what they want. Also, pillow shams are stupid. No one other than you sees them and you always take them off the same day you put them on. What's the point? I can see making it if you have a bunch of people coming over and they might need to use the master bathroom. Other than that taking time out of your day to do that chore is an utterly pointless waste.

ZJ... slow it down, they're going to catch on...
mark-zuckerberg-010219.jpg

I think making the bed is the most useless activity in the history of mankind. You make it in the morning, no one else sees it until that night when you mess it up again to crawl in to sleep. Exposing your sheets to light also kills the dust mites that tend to live in your matress. Making the bed gives them a nice dark place, which is what they want. Also, pillow shams are stupid. No one other than you sees them and you always take them off the same day you put them on. What's the point? I can see making it if you have a bunch of people coming over and they might need to use the master bathroom. Other than that taking time out of your day to do that chore is an utterly pointless waste.

This! I don't make my bed ever.

It seems that washing the drying towel after only one use doesn't make sense. If you think about it, your drying off clean water.

After one use, it absolutely doesn't make sense. After a bit though it'll accumulate natural oils and skin cells.

I know religion isn't welcome but this is more funny than anything: If you ever want to make God laugh, tell him you have a plan.

After 4 lanes of traffic adding more doesnt relieve congestion. And actually can add to it, as people have to traverse more lanes to get to/from an exit.

More lanes also add to number of accidents, both because of higher speeds, and more chances for something to go wrong.

(No politics, no religion, no morals and no sports)

Last week I asked about a weird fact about yourself and that was a really fun thread.

This week, I’m asking to give a fun hot take you have about life in general. It can range from a variety of things but just something most people think you’re silly or wrong about but defend. I have two:

1) I hate musicals. I find them lazy tropes of storytelling. I do not need a violin solo over your story.

2) I think zoos in 2019 are silly. You can look at animals on YouTube and find plenty of good nature documentaries that actually show animals live. Me and an ex of mine fought about this all the time.

And again, no politics, religions, morality, or sports! Since this is the pub.

LOL

People that sneeze should say "excuse me"; people assaulted by the noise shouldn't feel compelled by etiquette to superstitiously say "bless you" (something an ex and I disagreed on)

LOL

People that sneeze should say "excuse me"; people assaulted by the noise shouldn't feel compelled by etiquette to superstitiously say "bless you" (something an ex and I disagreed on)

See I get offended if I sneeze and someone doesn’t say bless you (although I usually do say excuse me when I sneeze).

Car insurance is the biggest scam in history. After so many months, or at least a few years, they should say ok you're good for a while. Some people end up paying more in insurance than they pay for their car and never even use it.
AMEN Brother. My wife and I were just talking about this since we consolidated our insurance plans. I've been driving for 9 years and never once filed a claim. I did the math for an estimation on car insurance only and it's well over $15,000.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Car insurance is the biggest scam in history. After so many months, or at least a few years, they should say ok you're good for a while. Some people end up paying more in insurance than they pay for their car and never even use it.
No telling how much the insurance industry is lining the pockets of the various state governments in order to force everyone to carry it.

Ditto on the one use towel. Hang it dry and its good for a while.

My wife does not make the bed in the morning. She makes it in the evening before she goes to bed, then turns the sheets down. (Ok, maybe that goes in the weird facts thread).

Whatever happened to real cartoons. I'm 53. I'd love to be able to still watch the Texas Toads, Fog Horn Leg Horn, etc.

Why are they called long john's. I've met john. I'm not wearing him.

Why does the insurance cost more for my son than the adult that jumped out to pass another car and passed me in my lane while I was on the shoulder getting out of the way. My son never even gets over the posted speed limit.

How come something is always wrong with something (car, washing machine, etc.), except for when I look at it to fix it.

Why did God give my wife such a loud voice.

How come my boss employs all of us when he is the only one he thinks knows anything and shuns our knowledge, but can't remember what you talked about yesterday. He could save a lot of money and do it all himself.

Why are they called boxer shorts. You're not boxed in.

Obviously you will never be a SEAL.

VN Store

Back