Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

@DeerPark12 I apologize if you have answered this question yet( I may have asked it). When does this fall’s sideline, fan gear/ hats etc come out?

Are recruits made aware of any possible changes that might take place on the uniforms during recruiting visits?

Reactions: oz615
@DeerPark12 I apologize if you have answered this question yet( I may have asked it). When does this fall’s sideline, fan gear/ hats etc come out?

Are recruits made aware of any possible changes that might take place on the uniforms during recruiting visits?

The sideline stuff is already showing up in stores, the new polos and t-shirts are available at Alumni Hall and UT’s website. For whatever reason, the VolShop on campus waits until they have more selection before they put anything out, may be the first week of June or so for them.

There aren’t any changes coming to the uniforms in the next couple of years that would be big enough to show recruits.

The sideline stuff is already showing up in stores, the new polos and t-shirts are available at Alumni Hall and UT’s website. For whatever reason, the VolShop on campus waits until they have more selection before they put anything out, may be the first week of June or so for them.

There aren’t any changes coming to the uniforms in the next couple of years that would be big enough to show recruits.
Booooo!:(

When do this years Nike shoes come out? Anyone know?

If they do them this year, the Week Zero collection usually drops the third weekend of August.

I say “IF” because Nike cancelled the spring shoe that they’ve put out the last three years after orders were placed. Retailers ordered the Week Zero shoe, but it remains to be seen whether they will be made. They were a soft seller this year across all the schools they made them for (I think the trash design was the culprit there).

Adidas and Under Armour have found more success selling the same team color (but unlogoed) versions of their standard running shoes that the teams wear. Nike has never done that, preferring to have teams and staff get an exclusive. We’ll see if Nike adjusts that in the future, particularly if the shoe this summer is cancelled.

Reactions: Boca Vol

So no Smokey gray outlining of the numbers on the away unis?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

Thanks for the response man. Always appreciate the input.

Are they planning on releasing any minor tweaks that may or may not happen to the unis? Pruitt seems pretty no nonsense, no fashion show BS unlike the previous coach(which I’m good with), but I wasn’t sure if Nike makes them release stuff at any point.

If they do them this year, the Week Zero collection usually drops the third weekend of August.

I say “IF” because Nike cancelled the spring shoe that they’ve put out the last three years after orders were placed. Retailers ordered the Week Zero shoe, but it remains to be seen whether they will be made. They were a soft seller this year across all the schools they made them for (I think the trash design was the culprit there).

Adidas and Under Armour have found more success selling the same team color (but unlogoed) versions of their standard running shoes that the teams wear. Nike has never done that, preferring to have teams and staff get an exclusive. We’ll see if Nike adjusts that in the future, particularly if the shoe this summer is cancelled.
Thank you for the response I appreciate it. I think this past years shoe was no doubt the worst one, the only one I have not bought. Would love for them to make a Pegasus in team color, always thought that would be the best shoe for it

Thank you for the response I appreciate it. I think this past years shoe was no doubt the worst one, the only one I have not bought. Would love for them to make a Pegasus in team color, always thought that would be the best shoe for it

That is the shoe that the teams get in team colors every year. It's the 35 this year.

Hey DeerPark what about the number fonts? Seems like I read where some higher powers wanted to go back to a traditional block number font on the jerseys.

Doubt it. One of the reasons you create a Nike custom font is to use it on all uniforms in all sports. I don’t see it coming off the football uniforms. The throwback basketball uniform was a one off when it comes to the number font.

Don't be silly. Those 90k that saw the black jerseys beat a perennial whipping post were MUCH louder than that 109k at the UF game in 04 when we beat one of our biggest rivals. It's clearly just jerseys that posess the capacity to get UT fans excited.
I was at that game and it was no louder than any Bama or Florida game. Black jerseys are just another gimmick.

Just rewatched 1991 ND game. White on Orange ftw.
a-miley91ndgame.jpg

Wish we would do this. Chad Fields gets it

It's one of those things that makes so much sense that obviously it won't happen.

I get the idea of wanting a classic look i.e. Alabama (a home and away jersey, 1 set of pants, 1 helmet) and I get that we had the no stripes pants during our 90s run, but the uniforms in this tweet are about as perfect as it gets IMO.

Having orange pants is historic with UT and wearing them for one road game and all orange for one home game (I still think it should be the "official" Homecoming uniform). And even in the 90s I thought the no stripes pants looked kinda cheap. I think the road jerseys outlined in smokey grey is great as well.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It's one of those things that makes so much sense that obviously it won't happen.

I get the idea of wanting a classic look i.e. Alabama (a home and away jersey, 1 set of pants, 1 helmet) and I get that we had the no stripes pants during our 90s run, but the uniforms in this tweet are about as perfect as it gets IMO.

Having orange pants is historic with UT and wearing them for one road game and all orange for one home game (I still think it should be the "official" Homecoming uniform). And even in the 90s I thought the no stripes pants looked kinda cheap. I think the road jerseys outlined in smokey grey is great as well.

That’s what’s so frustrating. It makes too much sense. It’s nothing drastic plus you add the Star Vols logo. They just started selling this at the same volshop so I’m holding out some hope
1588927F-5976-4513-9CBA-548A367DB1B4.jpeg1588927F-5976-4513-9CBA-548A367DB1B4.jpeg

VN Store

Back