Westbrook Comits to UCONN

Well he has Megan Walker and she’s been less than impressive thus far. I’m not an Evina hater, I see her potential...I’m just over her and anyone else who doesn’t want to be at Tennessee.

And yet, given her stats last season, she would probably be our best player on our team this year if we had her. She hasn't been a star but 12 points and 7 rebounds in 31 minutes a game while starting every game you play in isn't exactly bad.

She’ll fnish her career strong there, and I’m happy if she’s happy.

Hopefully soon Mimi will announce her next move and then we can all get busy focusing on our players and our program. That can’t happen soon enough for me! 🤗
I actually could care less where players go who are no longer in our program. The only thing I really see good in Westbrook leaving, she finally came out and said what all the other players might have been saying and what the fan base had been saying for some time. I think it was not her place to do so, however, announcers and sports shows start to talk about the Lady Vols recruiting top talent buy was losing ground as one of the top women’s programs. They finally quit making excuses for inept coaching. I admit that it is difficult to be the first coach that follows a legend, and a lot of times it just simply does not workout.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Evina was obviously over ranked coming out of high school. I always felt like she thought she was the leader of the team. I never saw any leadership qualities except when games got close she would drive the lane and turn the ball over. I am glad she is gone. Probably not good in the locker room. On Instagram, she says "all right, lets go get Mimi". If you eliminate her ranking, and realize what it takes for her to get her points, I do not feel we are losing much.
Evina, good by!

This news would make Pat sick.
Not the news of the transfer as much as any Lady Vol fan wishing luck to anyone associated with Geno or his program.
This, more than anything else, shows how our program has fallen.
Those of you with any respect or admiration for Geno and his program do not know the damage that Geno purposely inflicted upon our program and our coaching staff including our beloved Pat.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to love Pat and her memory without having total disdain for Geno.
He wanted to ruin her and our program.
Of course, the cruelty of Alzheimer’s did his dirty work for him.

While I agree that Geno was a bit slimy (I doubt he has to be, any more), and that he should be treated the same way as Kentucky in men's basketball and Alabama in football (i.e. I wish they would lose every game), I think your assessment is wrong. I believe he did the stuff he did, and said the stuff he did about Pat and the Lady Vols, not because he wanted to destroy us, but in an effort to hype the rivalry and make women's basketball more viable to the average fan. I, of course, think he was misguided.

Be interesting to see how she responds to Geno's coaching. He is a hard guy to play for and Evina was treated with kid gloves by Holly. I bet Geno was real nice to her in recruiting. That's all going change at the first practice when she turns the ball over the first 4 times she touches it. I bet they play her at the 2 spot where she should have been from the start. Not sure if Holly wanted her to play there or Evina did and Holly just let her. Geno wont be doing any of that.

I am not happy or mad at her decision however I am disappointed in this outcome.

I want my opinion to be clear though. I thought she was the best player on the team. The coaching she got seemed pi$$ poor though. That was the real issue. She needed coaching to make her better. Warlick's lack of coaching and just give me effort cries were just too much to overcome. If she would've stayed I think she would get it but she didn't stay so time to move on. I think she welcomes the coaching and that's why she chose the new school but her decision is based on the last two years.

Last edited:
Please do your homework on Geno outcoaching, outrecruting,,,, Pat canceled the series for a reason. Connecticut was not invited to join the ACC for a reason and Geno is one of the reasons. Yes, he is a good coach, with questionable integrity and character.
Lets hear your reason behind this statement. Again us Lady Vol fans act like we have never done anything wrong. What a skewed world we live in.

Please do your homework on Geno outcoaching, outrecruting,,,, Pat canceled the series for a reason. Connecticut was not invited to join the ACC for a reason and Geno is one of the reasons. Yes, he is a good coach, with questionable integrity and character.
We may not want to accept it but Geno did outcoach and did outrecruit Pat! Geno is the best coach in womens basketball period! Negative recruiting is used by all coaches. Vol fans tend to cling to the past to the point of it being an anchor!

This news would make Pat sick.
Not the news of the transfer as much as any Lady Vol fan wishing luck to anyone associated with Geno or his program.
This, more than anything else, shows how our program has fallen.
Those of you with any respect or admiration for Geno and his program do not know the damage that Geno purposely inflicted upon our program and our coaching staff including our beloved Pat.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to love Pat and her memory without having total disdain for Geno.
He wanted to ruin her and our program.
Of course, the cruelty of Alzheimer’s did his dirty work for him.

I respect UCONN's program. And when Geno is done I suspect they will do everything possible to remain an elite program.

Good luck Evina.

Reactions: LVCT
Well from Pats book, she comments that Gena had a habit of making negative, personal comment about her and others and once at a restaurant he made a loud negative comment so she got up and left. UT also made some negative comments about UCONN like after getting beat by UConn some said, “ Who let the dogs out”. A big issue was Genoa recruiting which she felt was underhanded. When her foundation was set up, apparently Geno was the first one to make a donation, $10,000.
Pat was probably right to cancel the series but maybe it is time to move on and play them sometimes. It is a new era.

Well from Pats book, she comments that Gena had a habit of making negative, personal comment about her and others and once at a restaurant he made a loud negative comment so she got up and left. UT also made some negative comments about UCONN like after getting beat by UConn some said, “ Who let the dogs out”. A big issue was Genoa recruiting which she felt was underhanded. When her foundation was set up, apparently Geno was the first one to make a donation, $10,000.
Pat was probably right to cancel the series but maybe it is time to move on and play them sometimes. It is a new era.
I'd rather Tennessee not play UConn unless it's in the NCAA Tournament

Reactions: MAD
Solid, but not spectacular. She has not distinguished herself as the #1 player in her class.

I agree, but I think at least some of it was because she was playing behind a couple of AA seniors. In any case she averaged 12 ppg and shot 40% on 3s. Far from spectacular but that will improve this year as the scoring burden shifts to Walker and Williams.

Why can she just not leave instead of being tacky about it on social media? Her boyfriend retweeting the slur makes me think a little less of him, also. I would have wished her well if she had went to any other program not named UConn and possibly South Carolina. Also, why couldn't she stick around and give the new staff a chance and prove how good she was.
I hope the new staff can recruit players that want to be here with high basketball IQs, strong work ethic, and committed student-athletes not these athletic drama queens that must have their own way all the time or they threaten to transfer. JMO!

Last edited:
Evina was obviously over ranked coming out of high school. I always felt like she thought she was the leader of the team. I never saw any leadership qualities except when games got close she would drive the lane and turn the ball over. I am glad she is gone. Probably not good in the locker room. On Instagram, she says "all right, lets go get Mimi". If you eliminate her ranking, and realize what it takes for her to get her points, I do not feel we are losing much.
Evina, good by!
Like every good talent under Holly, Evina was never developed/coached. That will now change. Harper will be sure these young women learn the fundamentals and that there is no I in team

VN Store

Back