7’1” 240lb Uros Plavsic will be a Vol (reportedly)

The more I read about this kid the more potential I see. Didn't join the HHC team until October when the season started. Made the adjustment to the American game and still managed a pretty productive season. He'll be college ready as far as his body is concerned. Don't see him playing this season ,but maybe our luck could change. Looks pretty athletic for a 7 footer to me.

len-kosmalski.jpg

Another one of our great 7 footers. Len Kosmalski 1971-74 was a great collegian and a 3-time All-SEC performer that averaged over 17 PPG for his career.

How did this guy only have two offers, one from Cleveland State, and from Arizona State? He was a 4 star.

With his departure from ASU, that leaves ASU with one post player, former UT commit, Romello White.

Usually 7-foot post players, who have potential, aren't allowed to walk away after just one year at a school ? Additionally why was the assistant let go, less than a year into his new job ? The recruitment of this player smells funny

How did this guy only have two offers, one from Cleveland State, and from Arizona State? He was a 4 star.

From what I've read he was represented maybe even recruited by Drazen Zlovaric a coach at Cleveland State(Felton HC) , who played for Georgia 2008-2010(Felton) then Chattanooga.

He only played one season at Ham Heights and didn't get there until Oct 2017 because of Visa issues, right before the season started. He conquered the language barrier, adjusted to the American game and worked his way into the rotation quick enough to put up some decent stats.

His HS coach says with 2 years of HS and summer ball he'd would probably have been a top 50 player. ASU took a chance with a player w/coach deal when he reopened his recruitment in Mar 2018. Tennessee was listed in schools who were interested but probably didn't offer because Zlovaric came with the kid. Seems like the language barrier was his biggest obstacle, that and being discovered so late.

Last edited:
Uros will be 21 years old this December. Any bets on how long he sticks around if he sees a 2nd round mock draft after one season of play? Clock is ticking for him.

Last edited:
He seems to be a reliable replacement for Alexander now if we can only find a Grant Williams replacement were back in business.

If it happens yea but him already being that old means development is less likely
Barnes could work wonders with his game. Really athletic for a 7 footer. Would the NCAA or SEC grant a waiver because of his age? You know it's really about the kids' futures that they're interested in. (blue font on the last sentence)

Nice problem for us, but a real problem for him. If he has to sit another year it becomes even greater for him. Does the NBA draft 25 year olds?
There’s no age limit.

Ok has anyone else noticed?

In the 2 highschool videos it's hard to see because it pretty much only shows him posting up while already in position. But there are a few glimpses especially at end of the second one. Then I looked at the third one of him in Serbia. I did a double take. At first I was thinking this must be video of him at like 6'6" and then he had a huge growth spurt. But nope 211 cm is 6'11".

He does not move like a 7 footer. He has flexibility and fluidity u don't normally see in guys that size. Not projecting talent but looking at him he moves with fluidity like a Dirk Nowitzki or KD. Actually those guy even look a bit stiff comparably. Are my eyes tricking me or do u guys see it also?

One can only imagine that a D1 S&C program will only enhance that flexibility.

Ok has anyone else noticed?

In the 2 highschool videos it's hard to see because it pretty much only shows him posting up while already in position. But there are a few glimpses especially at end of the second one. Then I looked at the third one of him in Serbia. I did a double take. At first I was thinking this must be video of him at like 6'6" and then he had a huge growth spurt. But nope 211 cm is 6'11".

He does not move like a 7 footer. He has flexibility and fluidity u don't normally see in guys that size. Not projecting talent but looking at him he moves with fluidity like a Dirk Nowitzki or KD. Actually those guy even look a bit stiff comparably. Are my eyes tricking me or do u guys see it also?

One can only imagine that a D1 S&C program will only enhance that flexibility.
I thought the same. and one of his HS videos really shows it. (why don't I save them when I find them?)

VN Store

Back