Tennessee Looking to add Players

I love what she said about all the players being excited and easy to work with, and also how she reminded our incoming freshmen that since the returning players are as new to Kellie's system as they are, that this gives them the perfect opportunity to prove themselves.

I'm so excited for next season!:D

She also understand the roster with 15 scholarship players days are over. That`s the main reason she is looking to add players like any other coach.

She also understand the roster with 15 scholarship players days are over. That`s the main reason she is looking to add players like any other coach.

Coaches will no longer count on having anyone for 4 seasons, so recruiting is going to get even more complicated than ever before. They won't be able to make long-range plans anymore, and will have to assume that every season they may need to start fresh as players cycle in and out on a more regular basis. Coaches are definitely going to have to work harder to earn those big paychecks. In that respect, I'm okay with it. The higher-paid coaches are receiving way more money than they deserve for the job IMO.

Coaches will no longer count on having anyone for 4 seasons, so recruiting is going to get even more complicated than ever before. They won't be able to make long-range plans anymore, and will have to assume that every season they may need to start fresh as players cycle in and out on a more regular basis. Coaches are definitely going to have to work harder to earn those big paychecks. In that respect, I'm okay with it. The higher-paid coaches are receiving way more money than they deserve for the job IMO.

True !

Can someone summarize the article? I don't have access to the article unless I pay for a KnoxNews subscription. Thanks.

Kellie wants a bigger roster

She is open to a high school graduate or transfer (especially a grad transfer to play immediately)

She told freshman they have just as good as chance to play then the veterans because everybody is new to the system

She has enjoyed the people that have stayed and they are a very fun group who has worked hard (she doesn’t think anymore transfers will happen)

The timing of this recruiting dead period could not have been worse for Tennessee. Good grief, what was the NCAA thinking with that?!

It sure would be good medicine for Stephanie Watts to announce she’s chosen Tennessee soon. I’m feeling like we’ve got a good chance and just want her to hurry up and make my day so that I can stop obsessing over it. It’s all about MY needs! 😂

The timing of this recruiting dead period could not have been worse for Tennessee. Good grief, what was the NCAA thinking with that?!

It sure would be good medicine for Stephanie Watts to announce she’s chosen Tennessee soon. I’m feeling like we’ve got a good chance and just want her to hurry up and make my day so that I can stop obsessing over it. It’s all about MY needs! 😂

You remind me of a certain ex-Vol.

Reactions: Putbacks and gule

VN Store

Back