Westbrook tweet

I don’t think she will sit out. She can apply for a waiver I believe because of the coaching change.

I think that rule is for when coaching changes happen over the summer (and it was thought to be for incoming freshman). Not saying she won’t be approved but Holly’s firing doesn’t fit the requirement if you look at it by the letter of the law.

Regardless of what year she’ll play again, I’m just happy for Evina that she’s likely going to get the chance to prove wrong all the folks who claimed she was overrated. If she goes to Oregon, Oregon State or Connecticut she’ll receive the training and discipline that she needs to shine. And when she does shine, that will be all the evidence we need to prove that it wasn’t lack of player ability that held the team back the last couple of years, but a lack of program discipline starting at the too-soft top.

I am greatly looking forward to watching her blossom.

Regardless of what year she’ll play again, I’m just happy for Evina that she’s likely going to get the chance to prove wrong all the folks who claimed she was overrated. If she goes to Oregon, Oregon State or Connecticut she’ll receive the training and discipline that she needs to shine. And when she does shine, that will be all the evidence we need to prove that it wasn’t lack of player ability that held the team back the last couple of years, but a lack of program discipline starting at the too-soft top.

I am greatly looking forward to watching her blossom.

Hope you’re right! As I’ve said in previous posts who success doesn’t mean LV future failure.

As a LV fan I’m interested in the training the new staff brings and how our players blossom. I love the work Goldwire did with Dungee at Arkansas she was unstoppable at times. Kellies team played hard which I liked seeing. So if we can mix those in the LV will be a team to watch again.

But here is wishing her the best. And like always JUST NOT AGAINST US!

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Yep I would hope they would... But a boo or two is a part of sports as long as it’s respectful.

Remember VN booing Semeka (Boo) Randall in response to the way the ucon fans had treated her when we played there? We booed her every game for the rest of her career...she loved it🧡🍊🧡.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Brittany Hunter 2.0

Brittany Hunter was a special case. I vaguely recall that she had been a #1 player and that Connecticut had highly coveted her, but for some reason I can't remember, ended up at Duke. I think there was bad blood between CT and Duke during that time over her recruitment. Anyway, she ended up injuring her knee at Duke and there were accusations that the level of medical care she'd received was poor. So, she transferred Connecticut to finish her career, but her injury hurt her potential. There's a lot more to that story than this. Maybe someone else can remember the details better.

Was Brittany any better? This is an actual question. I remember loads of potential at Duke but injuries holding her back at UConn. But then again I was following UConn (still don’t).

I think Brittany was physically just not able to go at it on a regular basis while at UConn, but was effective in the spurts in which she did play.

Too bad UT fans don't show a fraction of the interest in, and concern for, the players who stuck with the team and are committed to the program as they do the one(s) who were so quick to leave.

SOME^ UT fans. I have praised the ones that have stayed and said repeatedly that I am intrigued in how the new staff can bring them along. I even said while losing Westbrook was a blow she wasn’t our best player by a large margin she and Davis had that distinction in my book (Davis May be based off potential as she can disappear but when she is good she is the best on the floor). She can have a 16 and 10 game before you know it and you aren’t paying attention to her.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Too bad UT fans don't show a fraction of the interest in, and concern for, the players who stuck with the team and are committed to the program as they do the one(s) who were so quick to leave.
So true. I’m so sick of hearing about Evina Westbrook. She’s gone! She’s not coming back. Let’s rally around those who want to be here.

I certainly don't hate Evina. I am very interested to see her announcement. Wonder if it will come today, or early next week? I wish her all the best and hope she gets the coaching she's looking for to achieve her potential.

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back