Craziest place you’ve heard a “Go Vols”?

The fl game. That one was hard for me. 😥
I was at that game with my 5 year old son. He said,”We didn’t win. But me and daddy still had fun together.”. Hearing that made me realize it was a good trip. Even though I got a speeding ticket on the way and we lost. It’s hard to be grumpy about a ball game when the 5 yr old is having a blast with the Smokey stuffed animal from the bookstore and he didn’t play in.

That play was the spark we needed to turn that game around. What a turn of events.

It’s on my DVR. I’ve never watched it. I’ve been wearing that Auburn game out.

I gave and got a Go Vols in the Ontario, CA airport last Fri. On Mon we drove to Vegas and as soon as I pulled into the Paris property this guy in an orange shirt and UT hat stepped out in front of my car. I simply rolled down the window and gave him a "Go Vols!".

When I say ‘go Vols’ and they don’t say it back
9f9.png

As mentioned I am currently stationed at Fort Lewis, Tacoma, WA. I went to a yoga class here on base the other night (insert joke here) and had a UT shirt on. 3 of the 18 people in the class were Tennessee alumn and now I am hooked up to go to a wine tasting UT alumn meeting in Seattle next week. It really is a small world. I am 2600 miles from Campus.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
As mentioned I am currently stationed at Fort Lewis, Tacoma, WA. I went to a yoga class here on base the other night (insert joke here) and had a UT shirt on. 3 of the 18 people in the class were Tennessee alumn and now I am hooked up to go to a wine tasting(Insert another joke here.)UT alumn meeting in Seattle next week. It really is a small world. I am 2600 miles from Campus.

It really is a small world.

Eating Kangaroo steak in Cairns, Australia the night before we did the Great Barrier Reef..about 25 years ago. 2 tables down in the steak house, 2 couples...noticed my UT cap...and they were from Sparta....or as I know it from my decades of traveling to Knoxy from west tenn... Livingston-Sparta Exit 288. As a side note, don't get the kangaroo steak............

Reactions: kcvols1
While working at Hoover Dam. I would be walking on the generator floor wearing my orange and white TN hardhat and TN fans on the observation deck would yell "Go Vols!" It was always fun to look up and see an individual or entire family standing there with a big grin on their faces giving a thumbs up.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Friday’s are casual day at my job in Phoenix, AZ. I thought for sure I would be the only one wearing the bright orange TN polo shirt in my six story building. Lots of ASU, U of A and other PAC 12 shirts were seen but lo and behold a co-worker on my same floor also came in with an almost identical TN shirt. Apparently he had family in the Farragut area.

Thought I was going to have a Vol connection in the UK in about 1990. My buddy and I were in our early 20’s and took a trip to England. One day we visited Oxford University and chatted with students. I asked one “what do you think is George Bush” (Sr. was our Prez then). He responded with “he’s ok, what do you think of John Major”. Of course my mind only heard “John Majors” who was our coach. Just before I was about to say “I can’t believe you follow UT football out here” my buddy (knowing what I was thinking) whispered “He’s their prime minister you idiot”.

Thought I was going to have a Vol connection in the UK in about 1990. My buddy and I were in our early 20’s and took a trip to England. One day we visited Oxford University and chatted with students. I asked one “what do you think is George Bush” (Sr. was our Prez then). He responded with “he’s ok, what do you think of John Major”. Of course my mind only heard “John Majors” who was our coach. Just before I was about to say “I can’t believe you follow UT football out here” my buddy (knowing what I was thinking) whispered “He’s their prime minister you idiot”.

Meant “what do you think of George Bush”.

I went to Rome, Italy a 2 and half or so years ago with my wife.

In a little watering hole restaurant some feller came up and pointed to my Power T hat and pointed to his head and I pointed to my hat asking if thats what he meant. I dont know what he said next but he made a signal with his arms that formed a T. He then shook my hand and said something in italian again. Maybe he said Go Tennessee or something but I had no clue.

Reactions: VolNExile
I once said it to a dude in the men's room. but he just stared back at me kinda with a shocked expression and didn't utter a word. just left the bathroom. didn't even wash his hands. weird.

"At Florida they teach us to wash after going to the bathroom...." UT guy replies... "At Tennessee they teach us not to pee on our hands."

I once said it to a dude in the men's room. but he just stared back at me kinda with a shocked expression and didn't utter a word. just left the bathroom. didn't even wash his hands. weird.
Were you in San Francisco again?

Craziest place I ever heard "go vols" was in the concourse at Neyland after the Georgia State game. Just seemed out of place.

VN Store

Back