Vandy Loss = Pruitt Sucks

Why did you go make a thread about it then. Saban lost to Louisana Monroe his first year. That type of talk is what grade school kids do. He lost to vandy he is no good automatically??? This type of stuff is so stupid just like the start of this thread quite frankly, you start a thread with that title and then proceed to preach about something that 95% percent of us all ready new. GBO!!!! Go Pruitt and staff!

Check out the threads in this forum and you will repeatedly see references to negativity about TN's future under Pruitt based on the Vandy loss last season.

What will it take IYO in 2019 for Pruitt to get the "benefit of the doubt" that Kirby now enjoys at UGA as a great head coach despite his horrible first season? I think 8-4 with a bowl win for TN in 2019 would jump start the program from a momentum stand point.

Reactions: NC_Orange
I got attacked for saying that injury rates above the norm were products of the HC's program and decisions. Later when Jones was fired... that became a popular theme.

Injuries can hurt a team. All teams have abnormal years when higher than avg injuries occur... but they also have years with low injuries. When a HC (like Jones) goes 4 or 5 years with higher injury rates, it is him.
If you eat crow when proved wrong, what do you eat when proved right? Pheasant???

What will it take IYO in 2019 for Pruitt to get the "benefit of the doubt" that Kirby now enjoys at UGA as a great head coach despite his horrible first season? I think 8-4 with a bowl win for TN in 2019 would jump start the program from a momentum stand point.
I'll make a wager right now we go 7-5 or worse.

According to the numbers we are not the least talented team in SEC, I get it, attrition/injuries so on. That doesn't change the fact we have more talent on paper than the other teams down here at the bottom. We just haven't utilized it.

I got attacked for saying that injury rates above the norm were products of the HC's program and decisions. Later when Jones was fired... that became a popular theme.

th

I honestly think it isn't about wins and losses as much as it is HOW the team looks, winning and losing. You can't beat Charlotte 14-3 and expect people to be happy even with a win. Dumptster fire or not, we have SEC players and 100k in the stands. Look like a well coached team, and he will get the benefit in my opinion.

Injuries can hurt a team. All teams have abnormal years when higher than avg injuries occur... but they also have years with low injuries. When a HC (like Jones) goes 4 or 5 years with higher injury rates, it is him.
Don’t you know man when the current coach gets called out you are labeled an idiot and negative, once that dude gets canned because you were right all the jack wagons defending said prior coach turn on him and use him as an excuse for the current coach. They then continue their pattern of attacking anyone who sees potential flaws with the current coach until he is fired. Come on man it’s been like this on volnation for 10 plus years. That’s why, while I hope pruitt is the answer I put no faith in anything the people who supported Dooley and then supported butch past about the first 5 minutes of either coaching tenures have to say.

I know this will probably get me in trouble here, but Vandy was actually a better team than us last year, sad as it makes me to admit it.

I don't think that's going out on much of a limb. They whipped our ass and made us like it.

Well said.

Great coaches have sucked in the 1st year (Saban @ Bama, Bob Stoops, Barry Alvarez, etc) and mediocre coaches have been great in the 1st year (see Larry Coker, Charlie Weis). The 1st year normally tells you more about the previous coach than the current one.

Pruitt gets a mulligan from me for Year 1. As much as people hate to hear it, probably going to take till Year 3 and Year 4 before we have a good idea about Pruitt. For now, all we can really do is look for progress.

Well said.

Great coaches have sucked in the 1st year (Saban @ Bama, Bob Stoops, Barry Alvarez, etc) and mediocre coaches have been great in the 1st year (see Larry Coker, Charlie Weis). The 1st year normally tells you more about the previous coach than the current one.

Pruitt gets a mulligan from me for Year 1. As much as people hate to hear it, probably going to take till Year 3 and Year 4 before we have a good idea about Pruitt. For now, all we can really do is look for progress.

A lot of people have also said this about Gruden taking over for Tony Dungy at Tampa Bay and winning the Superbowl. Then steady decline.

My theory is that Year 1 great coaches that turn out to be disappointments are good game coaches and terrible recruiters and player developers.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
A lot of people have also said this about Gruden taking over for Tony Dungy at Tampa Bay and winning the Superbowl. Then steady decline.

My theory is that Year 1 great coaches that turn out to be disappointments are good game coaches and terrible recruiters and player developers.
Look at Tom Herman and Texas as an example. Lost to Maryland 2 years in a row but still took it to Georgia in the Sugar Bowl

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Losing to Vandy sure doesn’t prove how great he will be.

I like the changes I’m seeing. I expect to see continuous improvements in player development. When we get 4 and 5 star results from our 4 and 5 stars we will all be pleased with what we get to watch while they are doing all the work.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

VN Store

Back