The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

This might be a little bit of a hottake but it appears to me our plan of "work" is just to get these kids to reclassify. Can't say I am a fan of this tactic but maybe it pays off in the long run

Worked with Burns, and possibly now with Cone...it’s the new hot thing like graduate transfers were 3 years ago, just creates another opportunity to add guys to your roster.

Reactions: Vol49er
Worked with Burns, and possibly now with Cone...it’s the new hot thing like graduate transfers were 3 years ago, just creates another opportunity to add guys to your roster.

I think we can say it worked with Turner. Too early to say on Burns. I know we have presented it to a number of recruits and some it's turned off. Again maybe I am wrong

I think we can say it worked with Turner. Too early to say on Burns. I know we have presented it to a number of recruits and some it's turned off. Again maybe I am wrong

I mean worked in landing them, never know how someone is going to turn out but as for landing the player it has worked with Turner, Burns and potentially Cone.

Who did it turn off? If it turned them away then they were likely never coming to Tennessee anyway and it let us know that sooner rather than later.

I mean worked in landing them, never know how someone is going to turn out but as for landing the player it has worked with Turner, Burns and potentially Cone.

Who did it turn off? If it turned them away then they were likely never coming to Tennessee anyway and it let us know that sooner rather than later.

Kessler isn't even listing us as a player now and I heard johnson wasn't fond of the suggestion. Now hopefully we were solid enough with him it won't matter but it's a touchy play to call imo

Kessler isn't even listing us as a player now and I heard johnson wasn't fond of the suggestion. Now hopefully we were solid enough with him it won't matter but it's a touchy play to call imo

That’s great with Kessler, instead of stringing us along even more we were able to figure out he’s likely waiting on blue bloods and have moved on...why continue wasting our time?

I was told the opposite, Johnson would be a Vol and getting ready to enroll if his school had cooperated, but they let him know it wouldn’t be an option if he wanted to graduate from Webb...that shut the idea down pretty quickly.

Not sure what’s touchy about it...”hey man we’ve been recruiting you for years, we have an extra scholarship that opened this year, any chance you’d consider coming to college a year early”? Not sure what about that would offend anyone?

This might be a little bit of a hottake but it appears to me our plan of "work" is just to get these kids to reclassify. Can't say I am a fan of this tactic but maybe it pays off in the long run
I don’t think we are pushing him to reclassify, but others are.

That’s great with Kessler, instead of stringing us along even more we were able to figure out he’s likely waiting on blue bloods and have moved on...why continue wasting our time?

I was told the opposite, Johnson would be a Vol and getting ready to enroll if his school had cooperated, but they let him know it wouldn’t be an option if he wanted to graduate from Webb...that shut the idea down pretty quickly.

Not sure what’s touchy about it...”hey man we’ve been recruiting you for years, we have an extra scholarship that opened this year, any chance you’d consider coming to college a year early”? Not sure what about that would offend anyone?

I feel confident your info on Johnson is incorrect in this case

Instant replay ruining every sport. Even the derby now.
This is wild. Bill Mott is correct, if this were a maiden claimer on a Friday in October, Maximum Security would be disqualified, hands down. I hate to see this happen though.

This is wild. Bill Mott is correct, if this were a maiden claimer on a Friday in October, Maximum Security would be disqualified, hands down. I hate to see this happen though.
Makes no sense. the number 2 horse wasn;t even impeded.

VN Store

Back