'16 SC RB Tavien Feaster

Yeah the first grad transfer I remember was Jeremiah Masoli from Oregon to Old Miss.
Who was a juco transfer to Oregon I believe. Think russ was the next year. I don't remember a rule change to spark it though. More like a loophole was found.

Who was a juco transfer to Oregon I believe. Think russ was the next year. I don't remember a rule change to spark it though. More like a loophole was found.
But he transferred to Ole Miss with immediate eligibility. Pretty sure it was a grad transfer.

Masoli and Wilson used the same rule they're using now: for immediately eligibility, grad transfers have to enroll in a Master's program not offered at their original school. Feaster will have to do the same thing. Schools provide a list to help some players.

Masoli and Wilson used the same rule they're using now: for immediately eligibility, grad transfers have to enroll in a Master's program not offered at their original school. Feaster will have to do the same thing. Schools provide a list to help some players.
Yeah I know but I'm saying I think that's always been the rule, just nobody used it much before they did.

Reactions: LA Vol
Off the top of my head, these are the grad transfers I remember the Vols taking in football:

- Ralph David Abernathy IV
- Shaq Wiggins
- Keller Chryst
- Madre London
- Brandon Kennedy

Feels like there's a couple more I'm forgetting, but those are the main ones. None have really done anything, though Kennedy's isn't because he doesn't have the talent (assuming, at least).

Off the top of my head, these are the grad transfers I remember the Vols taking in football:

- Ralph David Abernathy IV
- Shaq Wiggins
- Keller Chryst
- Madre London
- Brandon Kennedy

Feels like there's a couple more I'm forgetting, but those are the main ones. None have really done anything, though Kennedy's isn't because he doesn't have the talent (assuming, at least).
Agree on Kennedy but it's unusual to get 2 years on a grad transfer and still he hasn't done anything so can't say he's succeeded. I would say we have gotten pretty much zero production from grad transfers historically.

Prevalence of Graduate Transfer in Division I

Interesting points about how and why it's become more prevalent.

Division I student-athletes are earning their undergraduate degrees in record numbers and doing it more quickly than ever due to enhanced NCAA academic progress-toward-degree standards, increased financial aid for summer coursework at many schools, and students arriving on campus with college credits from either dual-enrollment or Advanced Placement coursework, among other factors. This has led to more student-athletes completing their undergraduate degree requirements before exhausting their athletics eligibility.

Screenshot_20190503-182859_Chrome.jpg

He had 18 carries in SEC play-11 vs Florida garbage time

Hopefully the coaches will consult me next time

Had the S&C results been the same last year as in previous years he would been starting by game 8. He was an insurance policy.

VN Store

Back