I love Tennessee and everything about it

From the Kansas City Star:

"
JEFFERSON CITY
The Kansas City Chiefs became Missouri’s only NFL franchise after the Rams fled St. Louis for Los Angeles in 2016.

But that hasn’t stopped Sen. Kiki Curls, D-Kansas City, from pushing for designation of the Chiefs as the state’s official pro-football team.

The resolution had a hearing Tuesday in the Senate’s Rules, Joint Rules, Resolutions and Ethics committee, just days after the Chiefs fell a few minutes short of making it to the Super Bowl.

“We’re proud of our franchise,” Curls said. “They’ve meant a lot to Kansas City as well as to the rest of the state.”

During the hearing, Curls she said she’s “super excited” about history-making quarterback Patrick Mahomes and applauded the Chiefs’ season.

State Senate President Dave Schatz did voice some hesitancy about what would happen if another NFL team came to Missouri, though it seems unlikely that will happen in the near future.

You always want to ask the “what if?” he said after the hearing.

“But I think that obviously (the Chiefs have )proven with their longstanding stay here a commitment to Missouri that they probably deserve that designation,” Schatz said.

Read more here: Lawmaker wants Chiefs to be Missouri’s official pro football team—even if it’s only one"

Seems pretty clear to everyone. Kansas City Missouri (population 595,000), the original city as opposed to Kansas City Kansas (Which was named after Kansas City Mo., population 145,000) was where the Chiefs originally located and have remained. The Chiefs have always been a Missouri team. 1 Arrowhead Dr, Kansas City, MO 64129

Last edited:
The older I get (and the longer I've lived away from home) the more I appreciate the lack of a state income tax. We plan on moving back to TN within the next 12 months, and that is a key reason why. So please, for the love of God, ya'll quit electing idiot Democrats to the State legislature.

Reactions: wmcovol
Mountain roads, streams, waterfalls, lakes and the Bruton Snuff sign still in Nashville!

I was born and bred in East Tennessee and am a proud double graduate of UTK. I haven't lived there since Gerald Ford was president, but danged if I can get it out of my blood.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded

VN Store

Back