'20 KY DT Octavious Oxendine (Kentucky commit)

Being first and being after him the hardest are things we need to be seeing out of this recruiting staff. Many times we seem to be late to the party. It makes a difference in the relationship building required with these young men. DL is where we need help the most, so to me it is encouraging.

Being first and being after him the hardest are things we need to be seeing out of this recruiting staff. Many times we seem to be late to the party. It makes a difference in the relationship building required with these young men. DL is where we need help the most, so to me it is encouraging.
Butch makes 500 offers so he is in early with everyone. VN hates it. Pruitt makes fewer offers, and takes his time, VN hates it.

Reactions: feathersax
Butch makes 500 offers so he is in early with everyone. VN hates it. Pruitt makes fewer offers, and takes his time, VN hates it.
I'm not hating on Pruitt, I'm encouraged we are making these guys final 6 or final 4 colleges of choice. I think we are doing better in that regard and I"m encouraged with us getting in "earlier" with these guys. Earlier does make a difference. I don't believe I mentioned anything about offering more people or less than the previous coaching staff.

Reactions: Volsforlife8
Last year more kids claimed Tennessee offers than any other power 5 program. This is probably due to Butch offering kids very early and Pruitt coming in and evaluating different kids and offering others. At the end of the day everybody received an "offer from tennessee"

Reactions: SweetasSoda
“It was nice,” said Oxendine, who’s ranked the No. 474 overall prospect and No. 47 defensive tackle in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “They had a nice basketball game that they played — Kentucky — so it was a nice environment. You can tell they’ve got some good fans up there.”

“I didn’t know their fan base was actually that good until I got to the football game and saw how many they had in there. Then, coming to the basketball game and seeing the environment there, too, they had a lot there, also.”That’s just one of the reasons Oxendine said he’s interested in Tennessee, and he expects to visit the Vols again in the coming months.He said Tennessee’s campus and facilities also have caught his attention, and second-year Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff — including tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer, defensive line coach Tracy Rocker and quality control analyst Brandon Deaderick — have made good impressions on him.

“I think it’s the way that Coach Rocker coaches and how he carries himself,” Oxendine said. “He’s very professional with everything, and he’s always straight-up with everybody.“All the players up there told me how they keep it real with everybody. They’re going to tell you how you are and what you did on the football field and coach you how you’re supposed to be coached. But outside of football, they just make you feel like you’re one of their own.”Oxendine said Tennessee has “been recruiting me pretty hard,” and his trip to Knoxville earlier this month allowed him to spend time with Pruitt, Niedermeyer, Rocker, Deaderick and new defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley, among others.“I spoke with Coach Pruitt again, and I got to talk with basically everybody on the coaching staff. I got to talk to the defensive coaches,” said Oxendine, who also has picked up offers from Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Louisville, West Virginia, Purdue and Indiana.

He’s not sure when he might be ready to decide on a college, but he said he will “most likely wait it all the way through.”

From the Rivals 3 Stripe camp in Cincinnati. DL MVP
Oxendine was an absolute load on the interior of the defensive line. He had no problem pushing even the strongest offensive linemen into the backfield and he does a really good job of disengaging from offensive linemen. Oxendine is quick at the snap and plays with really good leverage, which helps him withstand any punch offensive linemen throw at him. Plenty of programs are coming after Oxendine including in-state programs Kentucky and Louisville but he wore Tennessee gloves during today’s camp and the Vols are definitely high on his list.
-Rivals

Id say not a take until further study but could be wrong.

That could be, but if he's the player he looks to be, Pruitt might be very happy to have his commitment, asap. I just hope we get solid sets of linemen without waiting until February again.

VN Store

Back