Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

So busy at work I was just now able to check the score. Guess I missed a little bit of excitement.

At least I caught the end of the halftime so I got a glimpse of Kate Abdo.
If the score stands, Spurs are through.
City has to win by 2.

Manchester United
FreshEntireAlbertosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: NorCalVol67
"So guys, Spurs lost so 3rd is available, who wants it?"
United: "Nah"
Arsenal: "We're happy where we are"
Chelsea: "Eh, no thanks"

"So guys, Spurs lost so 3rd is available, who wants it?"
United: "Nah"
Arsenal: "We're happy where we are"
Chelsea: "Eh, no thanks"

And the Spurs are the only one that had a tough opponent. Though Everton has been playing well of late, that result was bad.

Reactions: MAD
And the Spurs are the only one that had a tough opponent. Though Everton has been playing well of late, that result was bad.
Agreed.

Remaining matches
Spurs Brighton (H) West Ham (H) Bournemouth (A) Everton (H)
Chelsea Manchester United (A) Watford (H) Leicester (A)
Arsenal Wolves (A) Leicester (A) Brighton (H) Burnley (A)
Man United City (H) Chelsea (H) Huddersfield (A) Cardiff (H)

CC91E7D3-8440-41C4-88D0-9F7F4770106A.jpeg

Did anybody catch Darryl Morey on the Men In Blazers pod back in March? They were talking about advanced metrics in soccer, it was pretty interesting.

Did anybody catch Darryl Morey on the Men In Blazers pod back in March? They were talking about advanced metrics in soccer, it was pretty interesting.

I need to get back in the habit of watching that show. I have it set to DVR every episode and then forget to watch.

I need to get back in the habit of watching that show. I have it set to DVR every episode and then forget to watch.

I am talking about the pod, not sure if Morey was on the show.

A few takeaways:

- Data supports defensive/counter-striking strategies over possession-heavy strategies.
- They debated the merits of passing back to the keeper. Morey says no way and showed why the cited data was flawed.
- They're starting to measure things like number of defensive pressures and how many times a player's defensive pressure resulted in change of possession within 10" (they cited some pretty impressive Kante stats).
- They talked about interesting differences between scouting/analyzing soccer and basketball.

VN Store

Back