Craziest place you’ve heard a “Go Vols”?

I travel a lot and always have Vol gear with me. I have heard Go Vols almost everywhere I have traveled, including: Shanghai, Qingdao, Xian, & on the Great Wall in China, Tokyo & Kyoto in Japan, London, Venice, Garmisch, & Zurich in Europe. Doesn't surprise me anymore as it seems you run into Vol fans almost anywhere on the globe. A young man in Kyoto wanted to buy my Vol hat. I gladly gifted it to him.

Reactions: LittleVol
Paid a oompah band 50 euro to play Rocky Top when I was at Oktoberfest in Munich several years ago! Too many beers to negotiate a better price...
Had someone shout it at me a couple years later when I was at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin
Can't top that one, but I once got a mariachi band to play Rocky Top in a Mexican restaurant here in Southern Illinois. Turned out they were from Nashville, so I guess they had a lot of practice.

Not a "Go Vols" but Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear had a big crowd at the Magic Kingdom on Sunday singing Rocky Top. Saw a guy with a Kentucky hat singing in lol. A handful were doing the "woo".

Reactions: kcvols1
In the traffic pattern while I was flying into the airport in Morristown. The guy literally ended his traffic call with "Cessna XXX taking off runway 23 departing to the west, go vols"

I was in Hawaii in 1987 and was wearing a Tennessee shirt when I had the chance to meet Dale Jones and talk some football.

I've lived in 6 different states and honestly never heard a go vols outside of Knoxville. I'm currently in Clarksville and see other fans sometimes. Swear every time I even say something, im met with a blank stare 😐

I've lived in 6 different states and honestly never heard a go vols outside of Knoxville. I'm currently in Clarksville and see other fans sometimes. Swear every time I even say something, im met with a blank stare 😐
That’s funny. I’m guessing from your screen name you are a woman. Many men are intimidated by women that want to talk sports. Go figure. Many women don’t care to talk football. My advice is to say Go Vols! and keep moving. If they want to stop and chat, well done.

That’s funny. I’m guessing from your screen name you are a woman. Many men are intimidated by women that want to talk sports. Go figure. Many women don’t care to talk football. My advice is to say Go Vols! and keep moving. If they want to stop and chat, well done.
Yeah, I have plenty of other fellow women vol fans but they don't care to talk football. My bestfriend loves to talk about it, but she's a Bama fan and gives me a lot of crap lol. My husband likes football, but he's not a fan of any particular team. He didn't grow up in a college town so there's that lol. Main reasons why I seeked out this forum.

Yeah, I have plenty of other fellow women vol fans but they don't care to talk football. My bestfriend loves to talk about it, but she's a Bama fan and gives me a lot of crap lol. My husband likes football, but he's not a fan of any particular team. He didn't grow up in a college town so there's that lol. Main reasons why I seeked out this forum.

This is a great place to get info on the Vols while being either entertained or POed by the hackwagons that fill this place.

True, people get very heated over difference of opinion.
It’s the importance of the subject matter that gets us riled up. I really don’t care for “Vol Fans” taking pot shots at players. It’s bad enough that fans of other teams take their shots, but for our own fans being jackwagons about the guys putting in the work and giving their all for the Vols is just poor form in my opinion.

It’s the importance of the subject matter that gets us riled up. I really don’t care for “Vol Fans” taking pot shots at players. It’s bad enough that fans of other teams take their shots, but for our own fans being jackwagons about the guys putting in the work and giving their all for the Vols is just poor form in my opinion.
I can agree to that, although I have my moments watching a player and wondering wtf were they thinking? Like the Austin pope end zone fumble for instance. I also don't have much sympathy for the players who don't try or who don't have a team attitude. Of course, I'm not there to witness, but I know there's bound to be some there.

I can agree to that, although I have my moments watching a player and wondering wtf were they thinking? Like the Austin pope end zone fumble for instance. I also don't have much sympathy for the players who don't try or who don't have a team attitude. Of course, I'm not there to witness, but I know there's bound to be some there.
Mistakes are made and talent is squandered so often that I feel bad for the guys that just don’t get it. I’ll never understand throwing a young man under the bus when typically we have no idea of the whole story. Sometimes maybe they earn it, but it’s just tacky for a fan to do that. Austin Pope fumble? Is that the one where there was no contact?

Rota, Spain while I was serving as Command Master Chief in a Navy command there. Several VOLS at the club.

Mistakes are made and talent is squandered so often that I feel bad for the guys that just don’t get it. I’ll never understand throwing a young man under the bus when typically we have no idea of the whole story. Sometimes maybe they earn it, but it’s just tacky for a fan to do that. Austin Pope fumble? Is that the one where there was no contact?
Yeah 😔 looked like he tripped over his own feet.

True. That game was so hard to watch.

Who was that against? I’m still trying to remember. And being hard to watch doesn’t compute. It’s hard for me not to watch the Vols play. Now watching a loss the 2nd time, is hard to do. Usually I can’t get past the 1st qtr. A win I can watch over and over until the next win.

Who was that against? I’m still trying to remember. And being hard to watch doesn’t compute. It’s hard for me not to watch the Vols play. Now watching a loss the 2nd time, is hard to do. Usually I can’t get past the 1st qtr. A win I can watch over and over until the next win.
The fl game. That one was hard for me. 😥

Back in the day before the band Alabama hit the big time, I got them to play and sing Rocky Top regularly in the evenings at The Bowery in Myrtle Beach. Always got the crowd singing and cheering! Good times...

VN Store

Back