Tour of UT basketball facility

I posted this video about 4 weeks ago. The night before our Sweet 16 loss. Our basketball facilities are ok but there are better out there. Cioski also did a tour of the Anderson Training Center to be released at a later time. Once again, our football facilities are good but there are better out there. I want Tennessee to get back to being king of the facilities wars.

Last edited:
I posted this about 4 weeks ago. The night before our Sweet 16 loss. Our basketball facilities are ok but there are better out there. Cioski also did a tour of the Anderson Training Center to be released at a later time. Once again, our football facilities are good but there are better out there. I want Tennessee to get back to being king of the facilities wars.

That takes money, and we have recently had an unfortunate trend for paying coaches not to coach at Tennessee (plus a former AD). Hopefully that trend is close to ending so we can put more money into facilities.

I posted this about 4 weeks ago. The night before our Sweet 16 loss. Our basketball facilities are ok but there are better out there. Cioski also did a tour of the Anderson Training Center to be released at a later time. Once again, our football facilities are good but there are better out there. I want Tennessee to get back to being king of the facilities wars.
Nah, our facilities are great and still some of the best in the country. I agree with what Fulmer has said he's doing. They're putting money in people, not stuff. That's been the problem the last 10+ years.

Reactions: gunner
Nah, our facilities are great and still some of the best in the country. I agree with what Fulmer has said he's doing. They're putting money in people, not stuff. That's been the problem the last 10+ years.
Best quote coming out of Tennessee Administration in a long time in my opinion was Fulmer’s quote during the O&W game and that was something along the lines of “We are investing in people now instead of buildings.” We live in a red state which means we are run by conservative people which means we don’t just throw money around because everyone is doing it. While we will eventually need to reinvest in our facilities, we have good enough facilities to recruit to while others are catching up or even stepping up and over us with their investments and we focus more on paying people. The reality is what keeps people from leaving early and what makes families decide to go with one team over another team is people. We don’t want the kids who don’t see that.

Reactions: gunner

Cioski media did a tour of the basketball facilities, shoes, and gear. Interesting for people who like that stuff

Massages every other day? Amenities out the wazoo?

Sure, pay the players.
These guys are treated like royalty. UTs facilities are 2nd to none. No reason Barnes shouldn’t be recruiting top 50 players and getting interest from top 15 time to time.

Best quote coming out of Tennessee Administration in a long time in my opinion was Fulmer’s quote during the O&W game and that was something along the lines of “We are investing in people now instead of buildings.” We live in a red state which means we are run by conservative people which means we don’t just throw money around because everyone is doing it. While we will eventually need to reinvest in our facilities, we have good enough facilities to recruit to while others are catching up or even stepping up and over us with their investments and we focus more on paying people. The reality is what keeps people from leaving early and what makes families decide to go with one team over another team is people. We don’t want the kids who don’t see that.
In every single facilities review you see, UT is always in the top 10 and usually top 5. So, I don’t know where this narrative is coming from.
Facilities are how to spoil the players and the fans.
The biggest area our facilities suffer is in fan experience. The concourse areas in TBA and Neyland are way behind.

We’re consistently top 5 in football facilities so I’m not sure what more you want. Win games, have nice things and not doing anything with them makes you look like a clown.

They are much better than just "ok". There might be 3 or 4 basketball programs in the country with better on campus facilities (take note that Rupp Arena is not on the UK campus) - maybe... and as far as football facilities? Neyland still badly needs its renovations which have been put on an indefinite hold but still, facilities have not been the problem here. Fulmer is correct when he says it's time to invest more in people.

They are much better than just "ok". There might be 3 or 4 basketball programs in the country with better on campus facilities (take note that Rupp Arena is not on the UK campus) - maybe... and as far as football facilities? Neyland still badly needs its renovations which have been put on an indefinite hold but still, facilities have not been the problem here. Fulmer is correct when he says it's time to invest more in people.
Rupp isn't even one of the top 10 facilities. Rupp is an outdated airplane changer. It is way overdue for a major overhaul. As you said, I'd be shocked if our basketball facilities as a whole weren't top 5.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers I was just stating my opinion. Maybe I should have said IMO.

In every single facilities review you see, UT is always in the top 10 and usually top 5. So, I don’t know where this narrative is coming from.
Facilities are how to spoil the players and the fans.
The biggest area our facilities suffer is in fan experience. The concourse areas in TBA and Neyland are way behind.
Put simply. His focus financially isn’t about spending on things so we can spoil players and fans it’s about spending money on coaches and staff that can build a winning team that the fans would be happy to watch from any stadium.

VN Store

Back