Barnes said he would be at UCLA if buyout was paid

Incorrect on the second. If you prefer then allow me to show you the door. It’s all in word choice on the last which is a simple concept to grasp. We teach that to children daily. And I will always stand by that. You keep missing my point it seems. You’re ignoring what it sounds like to some people just because it doesn’t bother you (social detachment). We think an idea is silly when we don’t understand it. And that’s the difference it seems between you and I. I can understand why he entertained UCLA. I understand him being honest. I can understand why others are upset. Although I understand certain things doesn’t mean I agree with all of it. Life isn’t black and white. There are multiple shades of grey that exist. And that point also applies to how he could have answered the questions in the press conference.
To the bold.

The comments you would have made particularly the bold
I would say "It didn't work out. I love it here, so I decided to stay."
could have easily been taken in a similar way.

Not even totally sure what the first comment really means.

Yeah I totally disagree with the bold.

To the last idea. There's a reason they both left the door open to come back, so yeah its not all that cut dry. Schofield checked it out last year and returned.

What are you talking about, you tired to compare Barnes taking a look at UCLA to their decision to go early to the NBA. Its and apples and oranges comparison. Every player wants to go to the NBA. Its expected and understandable they want to look. 100% of them will leave this year or next year, so its a 1 year decision for the UT players. If they leave early everyone understands, quite different with a coach.

What are you talking about, you tired to compare Barnes taking a look at UCLA to their decision to go early to the NBA. Its and apples and oranges comparison. Every player wants to go to the NBA. Its expected and understandable they want to look. 100% of them will leave this year or next year, so its a 1 year decision for the UT players. If they leave early everyone understands, quite different with a coach.
No. I compared them to Barnes by taking a look and coming back for their SR year.
If they look and leave that nullifies the idea.

Its a career decision for both the player and the coach. Both decisions are connected to the school they are at. Thus the reason I asked the question.

Thats the reason why the rest is irrelevant.

I gave more clarification on that which would prove your point false. The clarification that Barnes gave was different from what I said. I’ve explain this to you numerous times. You continue to try and make the same point but it just doesn’t add up because what I said and what he said were different. You’re creating a connection where there is none because it suits your point. If you haven’t gotten it by now you probably won’t.

To the bold.

The comments you would have made particularly the bold could have easily been taken in a similar way.

Then at that point the only people upset would be the people that are mad he even talked to UCLA in the first place. It’s impossible to please every one all the time. But as far as I can tell that’s not what most are even upset about.

But I’m sure you will reiterate the same thing leaving out the same details to try and prove the same point. Leaving out details automatically makes your argument invalid. And as I’ve stated before I was never “off the train”. There are others that want him completely gone. Maybe they are more worthy of your incessant need to prove your point.

None of it matters much...if at all. When we woke up this morning, Rick Barnes was still the HBC at the U of Tenn.

Now, if this becomes a yearly issue...then we have a problem.

It didn’t work out BECAUSE I felt like this is where I’m supposed to be. You keep leaving details out. Convenient.

In which case there's no reason to mention you not getting it to work out and just go with feelings. The details in which you used have made it inconvenient to defend.

Then at that point the only people upset would be the people that are mad he even talked to UCLA in the first place. It’s impossible to please every one all the time. But as far as I can tell that’s not what most are even upset about.

If this were about feelings and not facts one could argue he didn't need to.

But I’m sure you will reiterate the same thing leaving out the same details to try and prove the same point. Leaving out details automatically makes your argument invalid. And as I’ve stated before I was never “off the train”. There are others that want him completely gone. Maybe they are more worthy of your incessant need to prove your point.

Im quoting your posts and making direct points relevant to the content. My argument isn't invalid because you don't agree with them. Nothing more.

Its humorously ironic that you re complaining about missing details when you didn't want to hear them from the start.

Im quoting your posts and making direct points relevant to the content. My argument isn't invalid because you don't agree with them. Nothing more.

Its humorously ironic that you re complaining about missing details when you didn't want to hear them from the start.
No your argument isn’t invalid because I disagree. What I said was your argument is invalid if you leave out the details of what I already stated.

You posting missing details from what I said has nothing to do with Barnes press conference. It’s juvenile to even try to connect the two.

UT basketball doesn't have anywhere near the prestige of UCLA basketball.
UT basketball doesn't have anywhere near the recruiting resources/pipelines that UCLA basketball does.

I must have forgotten where UT has multiple 4-5 stars walking thru the door every single year.....

It’s not going to happen most likely with Barnes either. Sad truth is in 4 yrs, he’s recruited 1 player (Williams) better than what he inherited from Tyndall (Scholfield)

It’s not going to happen most likely with Barnes either. Sad truth is in 4 yrs, he’s recruited 1 player (Williams) better than what he inherited from Tyndall (Scholfield)
I do think with continued success you probably will see an uptick in blue chip players. Takes time to build a program that’s consistently recruiting at that level. See Dabo at Clemson. Different sport but same concept.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Also keep in mind that it doesn’t take as many players in basketball to made a huge difference on the roster. Just a couple key players can make an average team great.

Well, I've lost some respect for CRB. It gets old hearing about "prayers" for direction when Mamon is driving the car. Hey Coach, were you praying to Jesus to help UCLA pay the buyout? I wish he had got his money and left.

Heard Jeff Goodman in a radio interview today in Memphis. He was asked about Barnes. He said he knew Barnes was just different several years back. Texas had a team that started 17-0 and then went in a tailspin. They ended up like 19-14. They lost a big game against KU, and a bunch of national reporters were in town. After his normal post game PC, Barnes hung around and spent at least an hour with the national guys. Goodman said most coaches would have gotten the heck out of there. Barnes was up front and answered all of their questions.

Goodman said Barnes doesn’t run from anything, and he wasn’t surprised about his comments. He actually said it can be positive for recruiting because Barnes isn’t selling a load of ****. He is always honest and upfront. There was a question and discussion about his comments not making UT fans happy, and the response was basically that he will soon be 65 years old, and he is who he is. There are other very good coaches who don’t really care what everyone thinks about them. Overall, it was a positive outlook on the situation and very interesting from his perspective.

Well, I've lost some respect for CRB. It gets old hearing about "prayers" for direction when Mamon is driving the car. Hey Coach, were you praying to Jesus to help UCLA pay the buyout? I wish he had got his money and left.

You said “you always listen to offers” but somehow now you’ve lost respect......because he did listen and apparently.......prayed about it?

VN Store

Back