'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

Tyler Baron (Knoxville Catholic) stood out on the defensive line from his end spot and was as technically sound as any lineman in attendance. Baron used his strength and size (6-foot-5, 255-pounds) and his athleticism to consistently beat offensive linemen in pass pro drills. Going against several different Power Five offered offensive linemen, Baron won the overwhelming majority of his reps.
Top Performers: Ohio Under Armour All-America Camp

de1, what’s your opinion on Baron and how he projects in college? I know he’s extremely physically gifted, but a coach who helps NPA sometimes said he thinks he’s a T-shirt champion, like Grimes...disappears when the pads come on. Your thoughts?

de1, what’s your opinion on Baron and how he projects in college? I know he’s extremely physically gifted, but a coach who helps NPA sometimes said he thinks he’s a T-shirt champion, like Grimes...disappears when the pads come on. Your thoughts?

Not sure who said that but they're wrong jn a lot of ways on both guys. Neither Baron nor Grimes disappeared when the pads were on. They both were impact guys on Friday nights. Baron is a high strong physical kid who is very natural with violent hands and an excellent body for a hs kid. Meanwhile Grimes is a technical supreme athlete who can line up anywhere for his team on both sides of the ball. Both kids are very gifted and hv been taught a lot because they both hv fathers who gave them the game early in their playing careers. All you hv to do i watch the film on either and you'll see for yourself.

Not sure who said that but they're wrong jn a lot of ways on both guys. Neither Baron nor Grimes disappeared when the pads were on. They both were impact guys on Friday nights. Baron is a high strong physical kid who is very natural with violent hands and an excellent body for a hs kid. Meanwhile Grimes is a technical supreme athlete who can line up anywhere for his team on both sides of the ball. Both kids are very gifted and hv been taught a lot because they both hv fathers who gave them the game early in their playing careers. All you hv to do i watch the film on either and you'll see for yourself.

5A9100C6-2A67-4106-9660-2BA5AE5F8F20.gif

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Mostly similar to other interviews, talks about visiting recently and being with Mays, Lawrence, etc. said he’s very close with Hardy

Only thing that seems a little different is that he’s not ruling out making a decision soon, perhaps. Liked his recent visit to Ohio st

“He said he doesn’t have any additional trips planned at the moment, and he said he’s still not sure whether he will take any official visits this summer.
While he’s in no hurry to make his college decision, he’s not willing to rule out that it could happen before his senior season.
“I’m not sure,” Baron said. "It could be. It could click with me one day. It’s not necessarily a toss-up, but I’m still in the decision-making process.”

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Mostly similar to other interviews, talks about visiting recently and being with Mays, Lawrence, etc. said he’s very close with Hardy

Only thing that seems a little different is that he’s not ruling out making a decision soon, perhaps. Liked his recent visit to Ohio st

“He said he doesn’t have any additional trips planned at the moment, and he said he’s still not sure whether he will take any official visits this summer.
While he’s in no hurry to make his college decision, he’s not willing to rule out that it could happen before his senior season.
“I’m not sure,” Baron said. "It could be. It could click with me one day. It’s not necessarily a toss-up, but I’m still in the decision-making process.”
Thanks for the info! Would be nice if he committed soon to UT.

VN Store

Back