Supehero Bracketology II - Rd 2 Reg 1 - (2) Superman v (7) Ant-Man

(2) Superman vs (7) Ant-Man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
Vote for your favorite to advance. This is a 2nd round match-up in Region 1. Poll closes in 2 days.

(2) Superman (1978)

RT - 94%
IMDb - 7.4
Metacritic - 80%

superman_thumb_192x291_52ac2aef56b7a8.30736823.jpg

vs.

(7) Ant-Man (2015)

RT - 82%
IMDb - 7.3
Metacritic - 64%

10951814_aa.jpg

demograpphics pushing this vote. that was a great superman movie.....Ned Beaty and Gene Hackman were awesome.

Never saw this poll but this is a joke.

The musical score.
This movie was ground breaking and it loses to any man??? Abt man was a good flick but u guys who voted for ant man have lost your minds.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I don't think that's true at all. There were other superhero movies made around the same time, they just flopped or were made for TV. Someone would have eventually made a Batman movie if Superman never existed, he is just too popular for someone to not take the chance.

I would think a few film makers were nerdy comic kids and would have eventually tried to make a comic movie without Superman existing.

So I should thank Superman for Ant-Man? Superman should've said no to that one he was in with Batman. Turrble.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Why you taking up for him?

Sorry I missed some of the polls on here before they closed cause I have a job and can’t just scroll through here constantly.

I have voted in ones I saw and no matter what anyone not voting for Superman clearly doesn’t understand how that movie is the foundation of every movie since for comics.

It was ground breaking. Had a cast of Oscar nominated actors.

The movie itself was also nominated and won actual oscars.

This movie losing is due to people getting caught up in the moment and not understand the overall impact of something.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
Superman is a better crafted film but Ant Man is definitely more fun. Superman takes a loooooong time to really get going. You don’t realize it as much until you watch it with a 5 year old and constantly get asked “Where is Superman, Daddy?”

Sorry I missed some of the polls on here before they closed cause I have a job and can’t just scroll through here constantly.

I have voted in ones I saw and no matter what anyone not voting for Superman clearly doesn’t understand how that movie is the foundation of every movie since for comics.

It was ground breaking. Had a cast of Oscar nominated actors.

The movie itself was also nominated and won actual oscars.

This movie losing is due to people getting caught up in the moment and not understand the overall impact of something.

Oscar's, a foundation, groundbreaking, overall impact...yeah, it's a comic book movie and I liked Ant-Man better. I'm sure it just gives you the warm fuzzies because it takes you back to when you were a kid, what 7-8?

I didn't see it in the Theater, I wouldn't waste my tobacco stripping and hay hauling money on that mess. I was in my late teens or early 20's by the time I watched it on VHS.

Anyway, sorry I voted against it, didn't know it meant that much to you. Congrats on being the only one on VN with a job.

Oscar's, a foundation, groundbreaking, overall impact...yeah, it's a comic book movie and I liked Ant-Man better. I'm sure it just gives you the warm fuzzies because it takes you back to when you were a kid, what 7-8?

I didn't see it in the Theater, I wouldn't waste my tobacco stripping and hay hauling money on that mess. I was in my late teens or early 20's by the time I watched it on VHS.

Anyway, sorry I voted against it, didn't know it meant that much to you. Congrats on being the only one on VN with a job.

lol....you make yourself sound like a character out of Disney’s song of the south. Did you sing zippidy doo da too?

VN Store

Back