Westbrook Gone

The first game was Evina's fault. The next two were Rennia's fault. Then Meme's fault. Then Zaay's fault. The last one was all of their fault. Don't believe me? Holly said so during her post game interviews.

The program was stuck in a bad place and I'm glad it can move forward now. I don't know exactly where it's headed, but I am hopeful about the new beginning.

Unless something changes overnight, I expect Westbrook to move on and an announcement is likely in the next couple of days.
Not going to turn around the Titanic unless everybody on board is rowing in the same direction and rowing with everything they got. So if she has any reluctance then that will be the best thing for both parties.

Unless something changes overnight, I expect Westbrook to move on and an announcement is likely in the next couple of days.

Agree, which really pisses me off. Not because she is leaving. Everyone has to make that decision for themselves. What upsets me is that the grass isn’t going to be greener for her on the other side. I do expect her to go to a Pac12 school to be closer o family, and I cannot fault her for that. However, both Oregon & OSU, along with UCLA and Stanford, have their guard rotations already set. I do expect the NCAA to grant her a waiver to play next year. She would have been the starter here for two more years under a new coach that she advocated a change for.

Agree, which really pisses me off. Not because she is leaving. Everyone has to make that decision for themselves. What upsets me is that the grass isn’t going to be greener for her on the other side. I do expect her to go to a Pac12 school to be closer o family, and I cannot fault her for that. However, both Oregon & OSU, along with UCLA and Stanford, have their guard rotations already set. I do expect the NCAA to grant her a waiver to play next year. She would have been the starter here for two more years under a new coach that she advocated a change for.
Yep think a mistake but with her mother pushing the buttons let it happen. I have defended Evina for both her years . Will never reach her desire to be an AA when she leaves. JMHO as always!!

Reactions: stlvolsfan

I feel like it would be a huge mistake on her part, but CAL has no star and no PG coming back. Could see her taking that opportunity so she could just do her own thing and be the #1 option for them like Anigwe was. Probably win less games but shine as an individual performer.

I've pulled for her and think she has talent and could help the team. But that says it, TEAM. If she can't be a team player and be happy, then it is best for the team she leaves. I hope she's happy, stay or go. Best wishes to her and her family. Sorry if it didn't work out, Lady E.🍊

I feel like it would be a huge mistake on her part, but CAL has no star and no PG coming back. Could see her taking that opportunity so she could just do her own thing and be the #1 option for them like Anigwe was. Probably win less games but shine as an individual performer.
CAL was 20-13 and we were 19-13 last year.

Like others have said, she should leave the team if she’s unhappy. She gets 4 years to play college ball and no sense wasting the next 2. We need to develop a team identity with everyone passionate about wearing the Tennessee jersey. It takes 100% buy in. Anyone not committed should leave because trust me there’s 100s of young ladies who would give their blood, sweat and tears to play for the Lady Vols.

Wish her the best and hope this is resolved quickly so the team can move on.

The grass may be greener, but it still has to be mowed

I've pulled for her and think she has talent and could help the team. But that says it, TEAM. If she can't be a team player and be happy, then it is best for the team she leaves. I hope she's happy, stay or go. Best wishes to her and her family. Sorry if it didn't work out, Lady E.🍊

I truly enjoy your posts you speak your mind but always remain respectful 😃

Last edited:
That really sucks. I was hoping that the coaching change would be enough to keep Evina in Knoxville. I'm sure she's frustrated knowing she wasted the first 2 years of her collegiate career playing for Holly, but this team has the potential to be really good if the right players stick around to lead the team. It would be a huge plus for Kellie if the best player on the team gave her a chance, but life will go on. If she does leave, I hope she ends up somewhere that's a good fit for her and she becomes the player that everyone thought she'd be coming out of HS.

That really sucks. I was hoping that the coaching change would be enough to keep Evina in Knoxville. I'm sure she's frustrated knowing she wasted the first 2 years of her collegiate career playing for Holly, but this team has the potential to be really good if the right players stick around to lead the team. It would be a huge plus for Kellie if the best player on the team gave her a chance, but life will go on. If she does leave, I hope she ends up somewhere that's a good fit for her and she becomes the player that everyone thought she'd be coming out of HS.

I would wish her well under those circumstances, too...but if we played against her, I'd hope we would hold her scoreless and force her to make numerous turnovers.

I've defended Evina, too, and would love to see her stay if everyone can get on the same page. But the program is bigger than any one player or coach, and we should never reduce ourselves to begging anyone to play for such a historic program with its passionate fan base. Connecticut could have certainly benefited from Elena Delle Donne if she had been happy there, but they went on and won championships without her.

VN Store

Back