Zaay Green question

choconut

On Friday I heard Heather on Knoxville sports radio station, 1st Quarter, mention Westbrook's status in transfer portal and then toss out something about Zaay Green's qualification coming into question. Has this been mentioned before and I missed it? Does anyone know what Heather could be referencing?

Due to privacy issues, you probably aren't going to get an answer to this.

If it comes out, you will know. It's on Holly and the previous staff that let the situation get to where it is now.

I will just say this, you are a student first, and an athlete second. I'm not saying this at just Zaay, but everyone on the team. You come to school to get your degree. Basketball is an avenue to get you to that degree. Academics started taking a backseat to basketball. That cannot happen.

If it comes out, you will know. It's on Holly and the previous staff that let the situation get to where it is now.

I will just say this, you are a student first, and an athlete second. I'm not saying this at just Zaay, but everyone on the team. You come to school to get your degree. Basketball is an avenue to get you to that degree. Academics started taking a backseat to basketball. That cannot happen.

MTSU: Can the academics not be taken care of since most players take classes year round ?

On Friday I heard Heather on Knoxville sports radio station, 1st Quarter, mention Westbrook's status in transfer portal and then toss out something about Zaay Green's qualification coming into question. Has this been mentioned before and I missed it? Does anyone know what Heather could be referencing?
It sounds like Zaay may have a lone waay to go:rolleyes:

Reactions: Silence Dogood
Just solving the off court problems is gonna make this team better. Heard a lot of things going on off the court about this team and that is as much a reason that Holly is not here as any other. Look to May 28th to know more about the roster for next season.

Reactions: sccshortstop
MTSU: Can the academics not be taken care of since most players take classes year round ?

I think Kellie is going to have to get everything under control, but some of this may be out of her hands, as DP alluded to in another thread.

It's not on the level of being dismissed from school. That's a good thing.

Surprised that a mostly Lady Vol staff would let academics slide considering that was #1 priority to their former coach during their playing days.

Regardless of what the issue is we don't need to be discussing players academic problems with the university on here. We will know in time, but out of respect for the player this thread should be deleted. College is not easy, especially when playing a sport. None of our business to judge. @Freak please remove

Ok, thanks. I definitely understand the privacy issue. These media folks need to keep some issues quiet, imho.

There are a lot of people who need to keep quiet. There is too much “insider Lady Vol business” posted on this forum and I sure hope Coach Harper is made aware and stops these leaks. Some things we don’t need to know and this is definitely one of them. This thread needs to be removed.

Last edited:
There are a lot of people who need to keep quiet. There is too much “insider Lady Vol business” posted on this forum and I sure hope Coach Harper is made aware and stops these leaks. Some things we don’t need to know and this is definitely one of them. This thread needs to be removed.
Why? If we remove it then it goes away? I could say enough to blow the board up and it would all be true( but would get ridiculed by the blue hairs who think this is the 80s and early 90s) but I dont. But just because things are purged, dont make the problems go away. We are the most hypocritical fan base in the nation. We point fingers at others when we are equally guilty.

Regardless of what the issue is we don't need to be discussing players academic problems with the university on here. We will know in time, but out of respect for the player this thread should be deleted. College is not easy, especially when playing a sport. None of our business to judge. @Freak please remove
Things like this are what a college sports message board are for

Things like this are what a college sports message board are for

There's also a little thing called "basic human decency." Just because people CAN post all sorts of extremely personal information about young people, it doesn't mean they should. Message boards like this one are going way too far into other people's deeply personal business.

And if you don't think that's true, or if you think it's a silly idea to expect people to keep personal information to themselves if they find out something juicy about a player, then, by all means, I would hope that you yourself will post a link to your own personal Facebook page, your Twitter, your Instagram, your home address, your family members' names, where you work, what grades you made in school, etc. Post all the personal information you have. 'Cause if you're not willing to do that, then SHUT THE HELL UP with this "Things like this are what a college sports message board are for" crap.

There's also a little thing called "basic human decency." Just because people CAN post all sorts of extremely personal information about young people, it doesn't mean they should. Message boards like this one are going way too far into other people's deeply personal business.

And if you don't think that's true, or if you think it's a silly idea to expect people to keep personal information to themselves if they find out something juicy about a player, then, by all means, I would hope that you yourself will post a link to your own personal Facebook page, your Twitter, your Instagram, your home address, your family members' names, where you work, what grades you made in school, etc. Post all the personal information you have. 'Cause if you're not willing to do that, then SHUT THE HELL UP with this "Things like this are what a college sports message board are for" crap.
untitled.png

Why? If we remove it then it goes away? I could say enough to blow the board up and it would all be true( but would get ridiculed by the blue hairs who think this is the 80s and early 90s) but I dont. But just because things are purged, dont make the problems go away. We are the most hypocritical fan base in the nation. We point fingers at others when we are equally guilty.

Why do I think leaks should be stopped or why do I think the thread needs to be deleted?

Don't take the bait. I'm relatively certain Tennesseefan2019 and OldNSlow may be the same person and their only goal on here is to generate animosity.

VN Store

Back