Notre Dame Cathedral In Flames

So standing on the ground looking at the fire, you would have said "yeah, I know those tankers are just over at the aerodrome but we don't use them on buildings, especially one this old and valuable."

You really can't be this stupid. You can be a reasonable poster, stop trying to garner likes from LG, EL, and lothlow. You are better than that.
He is

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
So standing on the ground looking at the fire, you would have said "yeah, I know those tankers are just over at the aerodrome but we don't use them on buildings, especially one this old and valuable."

You really can't be this stupid. You can be a reasonable poster, stop trying to garner likes from LG, EL, and lothlow. You are better than that.
What evidence of this do you have?

No he's not

No, I would have asked the same question when someone just says "they don't use those on buildings". Why not. They use them in CA to fight forest fires, they used them over evacuated neighborhoods. When you are facing a catastrophe, all bets are off. The left, especially those on this board, can be total chicken **** at times.
That's OK to think that, or even wonder that aloud when in a room with your aides, or something. I just wouldn't have tweeted it or said it publicly. Pretty sure dumping that much water on a burning building, especially one as old as that one, would just collapse the whole thing. There's a reason they only use those in forest fires.

He just says things sometimes that are perfectly OK to wonder, or say to your buddies because they won't be misinterpreted, or something like that. Just because you think something doesn't mean you have to say it though.

Reactions: Velo Vol
I am amazed a fire suppression system wasn't retrofitted to the cathedral. Or, perhaps it was and was turned off due to construction.

The flying buttress design is a known fire hazard. That place was a ticking time bomb.

It is hard for me to distinguish when you are serious.

c24b8b794ba16f95aac01023ed573268.gif

Reactions: McDad
The French civil security agency, Sécurité Civile, has responded to US President Donald Trump’s suggestion that “flying water tankers” should be used to fight the Notre Dame fire.
The agency tweeted, “The drop of water by air on this type of building could indeed result in the collapse of the entire structure.”
“The weight of the water and the intensity of the drop at low altitude could indeed weaken the structure of Notre-Dame and result in collateral damage to the buildings in the vicinity,” it said.​
The civil security agency is part of the Interior Ministry.
Earlier today, Trump had said on Twitter, “Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!”

A major catastrophe is happening before our eyes and yet you're more concerned about Trump's tweets.

Give me one good reason for Trump to tweet fire fighting advice.

Say he actually had a good idea. If he really wanted to, he could probably have the Paris fire department on the phone in five minutes and share it with them.

Instead he tweets it for our benefit. Why? Because he wants to be the center of attention.

For those asking, "Why is this thread discussing Trump?", start by asking "Why is Trump tweeting about this?" There's your answer.

Again, he tweets his nonsensical and amateurish solution, he invites the criticism he gets.

Just stop with the poor beleaguered Trump, bit. He posts, he is going to get mocked. And rightly so.

And you are just the MAN to do it!

Give me one good reason for Trump to tweet fire fighting advice.

Say he actually had a good idea. If he really wanted to, he could probably have the Paris fire department on the phone in five minutes and share it with them.

Instead he tweets it for our benefit. Why? Because he wants to be the center of attention.

For those asking, "Why is this thread discussing Trump?", start by asking "Why is Trump tweeting about this?" There's your answer.
We know why trump is being discussed, every thread turns into you all whining about the President.

Wish we could have a thread without Trump being brought up, especially considering he has absolutely nothing to do with it. This shouldn't be a partisan thing.

Paris is losing a masterpiece of architecture, history, and a major symbol of Catholicism. Sad day.

You might have a point.... except the Trump insinuated himself into the discussion by tweeting.

You can't have it both ways.

It's no secret that I think Trump is awful, but I understand the idea of thinking you could bring water in over head. In fact, it was discussed on ABC news. Unfortunately, I think the ones in charge feel this would cause more damage. (Edit: Velo post above explains) They are trying to keep it contained in the one part where they were doing reconstruction.

Hopefully they can save some of it as construction was started in 1100's. So upsetting.

You might have a point.... except the Trump insinuated himself into the discussion by tweeting.

One tweet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>burning down of the Cathedral

what a world you live in.

its one thing to bring it up, but you are latched on. but you just can't get past Trump.

You know my opinion of Trump, there is plenty to criticize him about. I don't think this is one of those times.

It might be the lapsed Catholic coming out of me, but I don't think we should make this a bash Trump fest because he tweeted something many people in the media were discussing about trying to save an iconic structure during Holy Week.

Again, he tweets his nonsensical and amateurish solution, he invites the criticism he gets.

Just stop with the poor beleaguered Trump, bit. He posts, he is going to get mocked. And rightly so.

Cool, so im sure you and evil and the other libs will be in the ilhan omar thread to give some criticism to miss "some people did something" right?
Trump is living in you guys heads. You people are absolutely consumed by thoughts of trump. Literally everything is trump to you. Pathetic losers..

Cool, so im sure you and evil and the other libs will be in the ilhan omar thread to give some criticism to miss "some people did something" right?
Trump is living in you guys heads. You people are absolutely consumed by thoughts of trump. Literally everything is trump to you. Pathetic losers..
Already provided my two cents on the silliness over Omar's statement in that thread.

You know my opinion of Trump, there is plenty to criticize him about. I don't think this is one of those times.

It might be the lapsed Catholic coming out of me, but I don't think we should make this a bash Trump fest because he tweeted something many people in the media were discussing about trying to save an iconic structure during Holy Week.

Props to you.

VN Store

Back