Maurer takes over at some point this season

I bet JG is out before the end of the Florida game. It doesn't look like the OL is going to be much better, at least not at the beginning of the year. I think JG had about as much as he could take as far as the hits, no matter whether it's his fault for holding too long or OL for doing the matador blocking scheme. when the DL starts to rain down on him he is going to bail by throwing it away. When he gets blindsided a couple of times that will be all she wrote for him. I hope he can overcome it but I don't see it. He has Collapsing Pocket Stress Disorder. It might do us good to have someone with more mobility that can get the ball out in a hurry, no matter which one it is.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I bet JG is out before the end of the Florida game. It doesn't look like the OL is going to be much better, at least not at the beginning of the year. I think JG had about as much as he could take as far as the hits, no matter whether it's his fault for holding too long or OL for doing the matador blocking scheme. when the DL starts to rain down on him he is going to bail by throwing it away. When he gets blindsided a couple of times that will be all she wrote for him. I hope he can overcome it but I don't see it. He has Collapsing Pocket Stress Disorder. It might do us good to have someone with more mobility that can get the ball out in a hurry, no matter which one it is.
I don't know if its possible for an offensive line to be worse than what we had last year. Even with that, JG is a tough MFer and there's nothing that I have seen to say any different.

Maurer starts at some point this season and keeps the starting the job. Yes, he made some bad mistakes today but he just has the IT factor.

He is way better than J.G. but needs some time to adjust.

Agree....go on record now.

Disagree....go on record now.

We will then find out who is right at the end of the season.
Lol. You see a young, talented kid, who I believe has a bright future at Tennessee by the way, look good in a meaningless intrasquad scrimmage.....where he was the only QB of 3 to turn the ball over by the way, with not 1, but 2 interceptions....and you think he’s gonna be the starter by game 6? Jeez.

Going on record right now....only if JG is injured. And even then, he may not be JG’s backup as he’s currently in a battle with Shrout to be the #2 QB. So, put me in the disagree column. And if he proves to be good enough to beat out JG (and JT), I’ll gladly eat crow.

Not going to happen. Both Maurer and Shrout threw some bad bad passes. I though Maurer looked marginally more comfortable than Shrout, but nothing more.

Disagree.Mauer may be a very good freshman qb,but,he is a freshman.Seeing vanilla defenses is no comparison to the "sprinkles" that get added during the season.

So how does 0 tds and 2 ints translate in an “actual game”?
Not good. I think youre confused. JG is a great practice player. Thats it. Im not saying the other qbs are going to take over and kill it. They both have way more upside than JG though.

Bad QB again couldn't be factor?
I think if there's a QB that can JP thinks can win more games than JG then he will play.

Not saying JG is great or even good but Shrout has 1 year experience as a starting QB and Mauer is a freshman. It's unlikely either starts this year.

Not good. I think youre confused. JG is a great practice player. Thats it. Im not saying the other qbs are going to take over and kill it. They both have way more upside than JG though.
I think you’re wrong about my confusion. And pretty much everything after that.

Reactions: Behr
I don't know if its possible for an offensive line to be worse than what we had last year. Even with that, JG is a tough MFer and there's nothing that I have seen to say any different.
I agree, he is as tough as they come, but he took a ton of hits last year. There was a game toward the end of the year, right at the beginning of the game, where the edge rusher blew right around the left tackle and folded him up like a lawn chair. He got up digging the turf out of his facemask.. I think he came out of the game shortly after that. I just don't think he will be able to take that many hits again this year. He will be hearing footsteps and when he does get hit a few more times, he will fold. I hope that doesn't happen but I don't think he will take as many hits this year and continue to get up.

The bottom line is we are still pretty much screwed from the get go. I don't think we have a OL that can give him the time he needs.

VN Store

Back