Dearly Beloved we are gathered here to pay our respects to the LV BBP.

So this guy hasn't followed any other sport at UT except LV basketball. This is so much better of a search than in the past. And a hellof a upgrade to the coach that should have been fire 2 years ago.

Reactions: mcannon1
We shall gather at the grave yard, the gloomy gloomy graveyard. Paw bearers for this occasion, Phil Fulmer. He's big enough to carry the urn, cause after this hire LV BBP is toast, an ash heap. RIP LVBB
And the Drama Queen award goes to!

You go to the grave yard.. the rest of us are going to watch KJH develop into one of the finest coaches in the land and bring respectability back to this program..hopefully without "fans"like you!!
Look, i hope she does and if she does i will be the first to get on here and say I WAS WRONG, i just don't think she has the goods to do it, Missouri State yes, SEC and Tennessee, i just don't see it. And if i am right we may never recover. Several prominent ladies programs are ghost as a result of 2 weak hires, just saying.

Reactions: mcannon1
Look, i hope she does and if she does i will be the first to get on here and say I WAS WRONG, i just don't think she has the goods to do it, Missouri State yes, SEC and Tennessee, i just don't see it. And if i am right we may never recover. Several prominent ladies programs are ghost as a result of 2 weak hires, just saying.
Those programs people always refer to as having fallen off the map are not in Power 5 conferences. La Tech and ODU. That has as much to do with them not coming back as a powerhouse as have their coaching hires. It's apples to oranges folks. We have seen what one coach can do for a team in the SEC alone. SCAR and MSST are two prime examples. Oregon out west, etc. One good hire and any team in a power 5 can become a power house. Even if Kellie doesn't work out, it doesn't mean the program is doomed. All it takes is the right hire at the right time. The perfect scenario is Kellie has made the transition to elite. Time will tell. She will now have all the resources she needs to succeed.

UConn has more to worry about in terms of becoming La Tech or ODU than Tennessee does, due to it's conference affiliation.

No recruit is going to Storrs, CT, the frozen tundra, if they aren't playing for Geno. No P5 program will feel the need to play them after Geno is gone. There is no longer an incentive.

That is a pathetic attitude to have. Maybe a top 5 coach would have been better accepted, but there is no way we can pay out that kind of money with what is being spent on football and now on men's basketball. Instead, we are getting a true VFL that knows everything about the Lady Vol legacy that Pat built. I think she has a good chance to be successful. Things can't be any worse than they were with Holly. So why don't you show some Vol spirit and get behind her?? If not, there are other teams you can follow.

Reactions: Sr.VolFan
Those programs people always refer to as having fallen off the map are not in Power 5 conferences. La Tech and ODU. That has as much to do with them not coming back as a powerhouse as have their coaching hires.

I would compare Tennessee to more of a Texas. Once a great power, now just another decent program that will make the tournament and hope to win a game or two. This hire ensures the Lady Vols will maintain that level but unlikely to return to the glory days like a better hire might have...

We shall gather at the grave yard, the gloomy gloomy graveyard. Paw bearers for this occasion, Phil Fulmer. He's big enough to carry the urn, cause after this hire LV BBP is toast, an ash heap. RIP LVBB
Stupid and childish. not my first choice but I'm happy

Ok everyone, here we go, i am a fan and i am going to step out of a realistic view into your orange colored world that gets offened by real view points. I am going to get behind this coach and our girls 100% win loose or draw, from this day forward nothing but positive opinion coming from me, and in 3 years if i am wrong for my post i will post on here in big bold letters I WAS WRONG, but if i am right are some of you going to post on here you were wrong. I am going to own mine how bout you? So at the end of the 3rd basketball season ya'll come at me and i will do what i said or expect the same in return. Fair enough?
From this statement forward no more real or as someone posted pathetic attitude.
SO WELCOME HOME COACH JOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!

Ok everyone, here we go, i am a fan and i am going to step out of a realistic view into your orange colored world that gets offened by real view points. I am going to get behind this coach and our girls 100% win loose or draw, from this day forward nothing but positive opinion coming from me, and in 3 years if i am wrong for my post i will post on here in big bold letters I WAS WRONG, but if i am right are some of you going to post on here you were wrong. I am going to own mine how bout you? So at the end of the 3rd basketball season ya'll come at me and i will do what i said or expect the same in return. Fair enough?
From this statement forward no more real or as someone posted pathetic attitude.
SO WELCOME HOME COACH JOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!

Grow up dude. It's really not about determining who is right or wrong on a fan board. If you are fan, you want the team to succeed and are happy if they do and bummed if they don't.

So, people who are hoping that this hire works are not going to be wrong in three years; just disappointed if things go poorly; How about you? Personally, i am all in all for the optimistic outlook.

Last edited:
That is a pathetic attitude to have. Maybe a top 5 coach would have been better accepted, but there is no way we can pay out that kind of money with what is being spent on football and now on men's basketball. Instead, we are getting a true VFL that knows everything about the Lady Vol legacy that Pat built. I think she has a good chance to be successful. Things can't be any worse than they were with Holly. So why don't you show some Vol spirit and get behind her?? If not, there are other teams you can follow.

No disagreeing with you, just wondering how you know the amount WE can pay?

“Paw bearers”. It’s early, but I bet that will be the funniest thing I read on the Internet today.

When CKJH succeeds here, we will remember your post. And remind you often.

UConn has more to worry about in terms of becoming La Tech or ODU than Tennessee does, due to it's conference affiliation.

No recruit is going to Storrs, CT, the frozen tundra, if they aren't playing for Geno. No P5 program will feel the need to play them after Geno is gone. There is no longer an incentive.

While I agree with your premise, generally, given the second-rate status of the AAC, I think your "slightly" orange-tinted glasses are causing you to overstate your point.

UConn is an very good school located in the midst of a gigantic population concentration (150 miles from NYC, 100 miles from Boston). Storrs is far from a "frozen tundra." This is just like the uppity East Coast elite thinking of Knoxville as hillbilly heaven (not that that is a bad thing---it keeps them from moving here)!

I think the Huskies should have stayed with the Big East schools when they had the chance, but, assuming Geno is replaced with a competent coach, they will not go down the La Tech/ODU path. UConn will still be a relevant basketball power, probably affiliated with a stronger conference by then. Their men's team has survived their decision to ride with the AAC in large part because there are tons of prospective players within two hours of Storrs. I think that will hold for the women too, again, assuming a good coach is hired.

While I agree with your premise, generally, given the second-rate status of the AAC, I think your "slightly" orange-tinted glasses are causing you to overstate your point.

UConn is an very good school located in the midst of a gigantic population concentration (150 miles from NYC, 100 miles from Boston). Storrs is far from a "frozen tundra." This is just like the uppity East Coast elite thinking of Knoxville as hillbilly heaven (not that that is a bad thing---it keeps them from moving here)!

I think the Huskies should have stayed with the Big East schools when they had the chance, but, assuming Geno is replaced with a competent coach, they will not go down the La Tech/ODU path. UConn will still be a relevant basketball power, probably affiliated with a stronger conference by then. Their men's team has survived their decision to ride with the AAC in large part because there are tons of prospective players within two hours of Storrs. I think that will hold for the women too, again, assuming a good coach is hired.

The only way UConn will be in a better league is if their football team improves. Without that, it's the AAC for UConn. What conference wants UConn? WBB isn't even considered when discussing conference realignment. If it was, the ACC or Big10 would have already reached out. They didn't. They invited Rutgers (in the same population center as UConn), and Maryland, because they bring more to the table. UConn offers nothing in realignment, and that will be even more evident when Geno retires.

What recruit is going to want to go to UConn to play for a coach not named Geno in a mid major conference where you have to literally travel across the country for conference games.

Those aren't orange tinted sunglasses. Those are facts.

No offense intended. I hope none taken.

You're likely right about football, but I still think UConn (and others) is likely to eventually move largely simply because I can't believe the AAC can survive. Too much expense, few historic rivalries and way too little income.

The state of Connecticut finances are a huge mess.
The UCONN athletics department finances are a huge mess.

UCONN will NEVER be in a real conference because of its crappy football program.

Football is king, and always will be.

David Allen Coe recorded the song but the songwriter behind that was the late genius Steve Goodman who lost his life to cancer way too soon.

VN Store

Back