Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be competing for the east every year and winning it every year. I'm not unrealistic about consistently beating bama every year but we should be competitive with them most years. I see bama slipping ever so slightly over the next few years. I think Saban gets tired of replacing the majority of his staff every year. I also think Jimbo will be a thorn for him. I think beating Candy, KY, Missouri, SC, GA and FL should be the norm. We should strive to consistently be a top 5 team.

FYP. 15-0. Worst case 14-1.

Go Vols!

All this GoT talk, have any of you been paid to act?!?! Well I have, I've been on TV before. Ya'll acting like you know what it takes and you don't.

Stick to arguing about biscuits, only thing ya'll good at 'round here.

O&W Game: I was really impressed with JT, partly because he has put on some size and can throw a ball. But I've never been paid to play football or lift weights, so what do I know.

The Poulter family initially introduced Erin to Tiger since they knew her well as the children's nanny. When Tiger's cheating for years was proven to Erin by many people, not just Ian and his wife, it all fell apart. That they shook hands yesterday tells me that both have moved on from those days, which is an indication of humility and maturity by Tiger. He manned up as did Ian to accept it. That's good since nearly all of us have done some stupid stuff in our lifetimes. Reconciliation can be a really good thing. Tiger and Erin have even moved on from it and are good friends while raising their children amicably.

Agree on the fist pumping. I like the emotion as long as it does not become offensive. Even Koepka fist pumped after making a critical putt.

Erin? It was Jesper Parnevik who introduced Tiger to Elin Nordegren.

Poulter had nothing to do with Tiger's infidelities coming to surface. They simply have a history from some comments Poulter has made over the years and Poulter infamously hitching an uninvited ride on Tiger's jet.

Last edited:
All this GoT talk, have any of you been paid to act?!?! Well I have, I've been on TV before. Ya'll acting like you know what it takes and you don't.

Stick to arguing about biscuits, only thing ya'll good at 'round here.

O&W Game: I was really impressed with JT, partly because he has put on some size and can throw a ball. But I've never been paid to play football or lift weights, so what do I know.
Dang it. The only thing I can talk about is food and my job! I've never been paid to bass fish so I can't even talk about that! Life is boring!

Jack didn't take anything from the good ole boys club who supported Arnie as the lead dog in the pack. He was hated by many for upsetting the apple cart just like Greg Norman was with the World Golf Series push during his time. There has never been the first hint of indiscretion in the Nicklaus marriage. That marriage has been a model many should emulate. Ask any tour player or PGA employee from any era.
Thanks for sharing this. I heard wrong then. I apologize for saying anything.

Erin? It was Jesper Parnevik who introduced Tiger to Elin Nordegren.

Poulter had nothing to do with Tiger's infidelities coming to surface. They simply have a history from some comments Poulter has made over the years and Poulter infamously hitching an uninvited ride on Tiger's jet.

Yep - got that wrong. NVM. EDITED the OP. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for sharing this. I heard wrong then. I apologize for saying anything.

Oh no - Jack could be irritating, but it was a reaction to the attacks and snubs. Many sportswriters hated writing good things about him like so many Tiger haters do today. The marriage was rock solid.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
My view on recruiting is that we are experiencing what Ole Miss, USCe, Mississippi State and schools at that tier in the SEC probably go through every year because I think that’s how we are viewed based on our record the last dozen or so years. Recruits like us but keep taking a wait and see approach.

We have to be patient and let the coaches keep grinding. There literally is no quick fix.

With all that said, the perceptions of our program can easily change with some surprise performances in the fall and hard work by the coaching staff.

Gotta go grind. Go Vols!

EDITED for doofusness.

Agree on the fist pumping. I like the emotion as long as it does not become offensive. Even Koepka fist pumped after making a critical putt.
I like Koepka a whole lot more than I did before this Masters...he actually seemed more like a human that gives a crap this week, I think the course kind of humbled him a little after he shot that 66. Be hard for me to pull against him from now on

Reactions: Bret178
Board’ll do great. 😒

- Freak prolly
Lol..Gotta love these as...I mean..guys..that tell everybody they don't know anything about a sport if they didn't play it at a high level. I will never able to hit them well, but even a hacker like me knows what shot a hole requires. It's like #16 at Augusta...anybody that has ever watched the masters knows that if you hit a good draw on that hole location, you are going to have a great shot at birdie or even an ace.

Honestly, why is it not? He won his fifth Masters, overcoming some pretty serious injuries and a shattered confidence.
When someone makes such a claim as "one of the greatest ….", the onus is on them to justify it, not for others to disprove it. However, since you asked such an easy question to answer.

Tiger won his 5th green jacket in 23 years. Many participants have greater accomplishments in other sports.
Roger Federer in tennis: something like 8 Wimbledons in 15 years (and we won't even talk about BJ King or Martina);
Earnhardt (man I hated that guy) in Nascar: 7 championships in 15 years; Petty: 7 Daytona 500 championships in 18 years;
Yankees: 6 WS championships in 24 years from 77 to 2000 (of course not counting their others)
and then there's UCLA with their 10 ships in 12 years and our Lady Vols with 8 ships in 22 years. (We'll try to ignore Saban and Bama.)

And I could go on and on. This is simply golf fans overstating an accomplishment in a sport they love by a player they admire. I realize some are impressed with Tiger. In his prime he drew me to watching more golf than I ever have. But seriously.

It's the second time in golf that it's happened. The first time was done by the best golfer of all time. The second time was done by someone who is a rung below the golden bear

So it's one of the greatest accomplishments in golf. I mean, that's what you just described. Something that's only been done in golf twice has nothing to do with other sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back