The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Good for Ruger. The CA AG has given notice to Judge Benitez that if he doesn't grant the emergency stay by 5:00 pm today, he will file an appeal to the full 9th Circuit. The window to buy legally is closing quickly. This will surely be headed to the Supreme Court.

I'm looking forward to the next press conference from Mr. Ghost gun .30 caliber clip in half a second.

Excellent video.

Yep. I knew about the "2200 fps threshold", and the argument about "9mm -vs- .40 -vs- .45" and so forth is old hat, but the logic / science / physics behind all that was interesting to hear from folks who clearly know their craft.

So I'm still a .45 advocate (to each their own), and have at least one close at hand anytime I'm inside the walls of Castle Doctrine. But time permitting, my initial response to anything that goes bump in the night will now be behind the sights of my AR. Having watched this video; researched the lethality of the Federal 62JSP (TBBC); and seen what that round does to a coyote at 50-75 yards, I like the option of a defensive round that will most likely end any threat with one hit in the pony keg. I plan to make two, but if one is enough, then the second is still a dollar well spent.

Thanks for the info.

Yep. I knew about the "2200 fps threshold", and the argument about "9mm -vs- .40 -vs- .45" and so forth is old hat, but the logic / science / physics behind all that was interesting to hear from folks who clearly know their craft.

So I'm still a .45 advocate (to each their own), and have at least one close at hand anytime I'm inside the walls of Castle Doctrine. But time permitting, my initial response to anything that goes bump in the night will now be behind the sights of my AR. Having watched this video; researched the lethality of the Federal 62JSP (TBBC); and seen what that round does to a coyote at 50-75 yards, I like the option of a defensive round that will most likely end any threat with one hit in the pony keg. I plan to make two, but if one is enough, then the second is still a dollar well spent.

Thanks for the info.
I can’t say I blame you. We carry what we’re comfortable with and shoot the best.

No sir. Way too much trouble for what you’d get.

Agreed. I'd love to have a piece of history, even if I didn't know the exact history. But I had the good fortune to land a SA 1911 Range Officer for $500 a couple of years back. Came with all of the original accessories, plus a custom wood presentation box that the original owner had made for that gun. He put less than 100 rounds through the gun. Helluva deal. So I got my full-size 1911, absent history, but as close to a tack-driver as a 1911 can get.

As much as I love 1911's, best for me to sit pat and be happy with what I have.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_a5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_a5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Agreed. I'd love to have a piece of history, even if I didn't know the exact history. But I had the good fortune to land a SA 1911 Range Officer for $500 a couple of years back. Came with all of the original accessories, plus a custom wood presentation box that the original owner had made for that gun. He put less than 100 rounds through the gun. Helluva deal. So I got my full-size 1911, absent history, but as close to a tack-driver as a 1911 can get.

As much as I love 1911's, best for me to sit pat and be happy with what I have.
Yeah, that’s a sweet deal. My local gun shop has tons of ww2 era 1911’s for somewhat decent prices. Why buy from cmp when it’s a crapshoot at best of what you’d get. On the other hand you can actually examine your purchase beforehand at a local shop. Plus all the stupid paperwork and double background checks, plus the ffl transfer fee. It’s stupid. Especially considering they’re now saying you cannot sell it once you buy it. Aww, hell no. Once I purchase the product, it’s mine to do with as I please.

Besides, I’m happy as a lark with this ole gal.

FE30C578-7C38-43B9-ABBF-5BC7D79A01BB.jpeg

Yeah, the SPARC is a real nice optic for the money. I played around with one of the first gen series and was impressed. I heard the Gen II was even better.

Which pistol kit are you looking at...?

Yeah, the SPARC is a real nice optic for the money. I played around with one of the first gen series and was impressed. I heard the Gen II was even better.

Which pistol kit are you looking at...?

Already built. 5165449599 (I think). The one for $549.00

Open to advice / suggestions, though.

You're not helping.

Well...maybe you are. Ya think a SPARC would work here? This would be a CQB, max 50 yard gun. No way I'm springing for another PRO for this gun. SPARC, MBUS, and call it done.
I built a pistol and despised it. Didn't get a brace though. At the time they were $160 So I figured I'd go ahead an spend $40 and get the stamp for a sbr. Nice thing about the stamp you can put multiple sbr uppers on the stamped lower with no need for a new stamp. I've got the 300 b/o that I've posted pictures of that's accurate to about 100 yards suppressed. I can't member if I've posted a pic since I added the eotech with magnifier so....

VN Store

Back