Jordan Horston’s Mother Impressed W/ KJH’s Visit

Mali needs a spell-checker.

Note to OP: Never post a link to an article that requires a subscription to read.
That's just bad form.

Her grammar wasn’t the best, but I didn’t see any spelling errors...but, who cares?!? She was tweeting, not writing a dissertation. Some people feel better about themselves by putting others down.🙄

That was my point. I wanted him/her to realize she didn’t have any spelling errors but it was grammatical which is two different things. 👀

So before they pointed fingers they should have actually known what he/she was talking about. Plus, considering that his/her avatar could be considered making fun of a special needs person (which we all know the Lady Vols and Vols work with) I am sure if momma Horston was on here she would not take the advice that seriously 🙄

Last edited:
Her grammar wasn’t the best, but I didn’t see any spelling errors...but, who cares?!? She was tweeting, not writing a dissertation. Some people feel better about themselves by putting others down.🙄

Bess u on that!

Keeping everything in perspective until May 28th and see if everyone comes back. Just because your still here doesn't mean your going to be here for the next semester. We'll see what Westbrook does if she takes her name out of the portal. As long as she is in there still could transfer and not re-enroll May 28th.

Reactions: EarlVolFan
I thought it was obvious, but here you go.
have: has
then: than

When I was in elementary school, my teacher would have whacked my proverbial peepee for such errors in simple English.

No she didn’t SPELL THOSE words wrong she misused them which is a GRAMMATICAL mistake. I thought it was clear if you were going to try and correct someone you would know what you’re talking about🙄

You should have payed closer attention to the difference in grammar usage and misspelling a word. You’re teacher probably should have let you go to the bathroom because you seemingly still have fluid on the brain😂

Grammar and “spelling” aside Mrs. Horston has raised a heck of a young lady who does well who is well rounded and we are glad to have as. Lady Vol!

Last edited:
I thought it was obvious, but here you go.
have: has
then: than

When I was in elementary school, my teacher would have whacked my proverbial peepee for such errors in simple English.

Got us.

I would say have:has was agreement, not spelling.

The then:than you caught. Typical ‘read what you expect to see not what is there’. Maybe can blame on autocorrect 😃.

Ed is “special”.👍

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
No she didn’t SPELL THOSE words wrong she misused them which is a GRAMMATICAL mistake. I thought it was clear if you were going to try and correct someone you would know what you’re talking about🙄

You should have payed closer attention to the difference in grammar usage and misspelling a word. You’re teacher probably should have let you go to the bathroom because you seemingly still have fluid on the brain😂

Could then/than be either spelling or grammar? I can see Ed’s defense of spelling, but you are correct; then/than, lead/led, etc. are common grammatical errors not related to spelling.

And a note, I just read a legal petition where lead was used for led.😳

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Could then/than be either spelling or grammar? I can see Ed’s defense of spelling, but you are correct; then/than, lead/led, etc. are common grammatical errors not related to spelling.

And a note, I just read a legal petition where lead was used for led.😳

I would have went along with that too if it hadn’t been the have/has issue... 😂

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Killer starting lineup. I just hope that Jordan is not put in the same position as Evian and Rennia were their freshman year with having to start right from the beginning. Lots of pressure with school, schedule, etc.

2017 We had E and Davis (starters)
2018 We had Zay and later MiMi
2019 We will probably have Jordan ?

2017 was out of necessity, and 2018 was still because we were still young. But 2019 is a blessing. If we can continue to get top recruits with starter capabilities, this is a good thing! E was our first #1 guard in forever , and Zay another top ten guard . And now another top guard in Jordan ! Wow ..... Just Wow. Can this continue? To get a top rated guard every year..... for how many years in a row ! Let’s just keep this streak going . Some would have Jordan starting over Zay and us playing a traditional 1-5 starting five positional team . I like the idea of having four outside players who can beat their defenders off of the dribble and penetrate defenses! What a nightmare for teams to try and stop us offensively! It’s going to be interesting. Or going without a big and having Davis at 6’2” as our big ... and all five players over 6’ ??? How you going to guard that ? Talk about a motion offense ? JMO 🤔

Reactions: mcannon1
Please don't criticize what a parent posts on Twitter. None of us want to hurt Ms. Horston's feelings. Many people post their thoughts quickly, and don't worry about spelling, grammar, etc. They just want to convey their thought at that moment. Can these grammar comments be deleted?

You should have payed closer attention to the difference in grammar usage and misspelling a word. You're teacher probably should have let you go to the bathroom because you seemingly still have fluid on the brain😂

Grammar and “spelling” aside Mrs. Horston has raised a heck of a young lady who does well who is well rounded and we are glad to have as. Lady Vol!

No comment.

VN Store

Back