Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks for you Tiger haters don't it? 😁Tiger with a legendary giant eff you to all the haters 😎

I don't "hate" Tiger, I just have never liked his style. His childish fist-pumps, intimidating other golfers, etc. is not my idea of good sportsmanship.

As far as hatred goes, reverend, maybe you should read your recent posts and then look yourself in the mirror.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I don't "hate" Tiger, I just have never liked his style. His childish fist-pumps, intimidating other golfers, etc. is not my idea of good sportsmanship.

As far as hatred goes, reverend, maybe you should read your recent posts and then look yourself in the mirror.
What is wrong with some emotion? They are competitors not preachers. If you let a fist pump intimidate you then you should play chess. Everybody gets on Koepka about being a robot but that guy is a big tournament golfer. Thing that really surprised me was Woods shaking hands with Poulter when he was the one that ratted Woods out with his family’s nanny.

Please explain how this was one of the greatest accomplishments in all sports history.

That sounds like extreme hyperbole from a fan about his favorite participate in his favorite sport. I think ole Jimmy let his excitement get the best of him. A little bit of bias there to say the least.
Honestly, why is it not? He won his fifth Masters, overcoming some pretty serious injuries and a shattered confidence.

I was ready to give you a high five until this. You and I both know that a 9 wins year in and year out will not cut it.

If you’re sitting at 9 wins a year that means you probably got a couple 10+s in there too. Which should be good enough for any program in the country besides Clemson and bama fans right now.

If you’re sitting at 9 wins a year that means you probably got a couple 10+s in there too. Which should be good enough for any program in the country besides Clemson and bama fans right now.

Correct. As long as bama is on our schedule, winning 10+ games a year isn't likely. My expectations are we should be getting to Atlanta once per 3 or 4ish years rotating with UGA and FL.

Okay so serious non trolling question here....

There was some negative reaction from fans when the last two guys committed, based on their "rankings."

This of course led to a number of guys bashing the guys being negative, and basically suggesting that rankings/stars don't matter.

My question is... if rankings/stars don't matter and every kid we take is good in your opinion because the staff likes them, etc.... why do you even really follow recruiting? Maybe that isn't the right way to ask the question. But the point I'm trying to make is that most of us have careers/families/etc. We're not full time scouts. Neither are you.

As such, generally speaking the first thing probably 99% of any of us look at when we offer a kid, or a kid commits, or visits, etc, is their recruiting profile and their ranking.

Are rankings the end all be all? Of course not. There are exceptions to the rule. But by and large, the best teams in college football are the ones who have the best recruiting classes. And those recruiting classes are based on rankings. Clemson, Alabama, UGA, Oklahoma, OSU, etc....

Now, I get calling out the people who insult or trash a kid based off of .85XX composite. The staff can identify talent and if the kid didn't have some, then the staff wouldn't accept the commitment or likely even offer. But I don't get the snarky holier than though attitude towards those of us who question a commitment. Because if everyone is being honest, even the stars don't matter crowd, if they had their choice of Rakim Jarrett committing yesterday over Calloway, they'd go with Rakim. Or Marshawn Lloyd over Ebony Jackson, they'd choose Lloyd. Et cetera et cetera et cetera....
Only idiots think rankings don’t matter. It’s total bs. Go look at the top programs and check their classes. Perception and momentum of recruiting classes are huge as well.

In the near future I agree but if you're already conceding losses to bama and GA, you've already lost. I would wager and hope Pruitt isn't thinking like that.

Correct. As long as bama is on our schedule, winning 10+ games a year isn't likely. My expectations are we should be getting to Atlanta once per 3 or 4ish years rotating with UGA and FL.

That basically means.

Sweep OOC most years. 4 wins
Swear candy, UK 6 wins
Mostly beat Missouri, South Carolina 8 wins
At least one from bama, uga, UF, & west rotation.

If you’re at least getting that most years the. We are doing a lot of things right.

Only idiots think rankings don’t matter. It’s total bs. Go look at the top programs and check their classes. Perception and momentum of recruiting classes are huge as well.

There will ALWAYS be exceptions to individual players, but overall for teams i agree

In the near future I agree but if you're already conceding losses to bama and GA, you've already lost. I would wager and hope Pruitt isn't thinking like that.

No not conceding losses but you’re never going to be a clear cut step ahead of UF, UGA, Bama, LSU etc when they have a decent. and vice versa for them if we have the right coach in place. So those games are basically always 50/50.

Out of conference (except when we play like OU), Vanderbilt and Kentucky should always be looked at and expected to be wins like 98% of the time.

Missouri and South Carolina should usually be wins. They have the recourses to occasionally field a really good team tho. So basically 80% of the time wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back