I Need a New Laptop

I used to be a windows computer expert just from keeping it running, then I purchased an Apple. Now I send all of my time working on my real job. The iMac Pro is something to behold. Apple over-charges for their memory but they also make the memory easy to install yourself. Buy from a wholesaler like B&H Photo which saves the Sales Tax (free shipping), order with the minimum memory. Purchase a 3rd party memory upgrade again and load up for 1/3 of the cost.

Thanks for your advice about using B&H Photo. I had used them before to buy a camera and after looking at a Mac Book Pro and considering the no tax and free shipping decided to spring for a 15" model. Apple15.4
I'm hopeful this will last me 4 or 5 years.

I used to be a windows computer expert just from keeping it running, then I purchased an Apple. Now I send all of my time working on my real job. The iMac Pro is something to behold. Apple over-charges for their memory but they also make the memory easy to install yourself. Buy from a wholesaler like B&H Photo which saves the Sales Tax (free shipping), order with the minimum memory. Purchase a 3rd party memory upgrade again and load up for 1/3 of the cost.

You can only upgrade the memory on the 27” iMac these days. MacBooks are soldered in.

That is the down side to Apple.

But over life span of the product is generally better than any other manufacturer.

Not that anyone cares but I have the new Macbook Pro in my hands. Mostly a good experience but my major complaint is with the razor sharp angle around the top of the computer when your hand is resting on it. What were they thinking? Other than that sharp edge I have no complaints.

Reactions: BenGrimm

VN Store

Back