Jimmy Calloway on Hudl

Vols Recruitment timeline

1/25/19 - Vols offer.
2/2/19 - Junior Day visitor.
4/13/19 - O&W game visitor. Committed.
12/14/19 - OV
12/18/19 - Signed.

Last edited:
“Coach (Tee) Martin and (Tracy) Rocker recruited me,” Calloway said. “I also talk to Coach Pruitt. I stay in contact with them a lot.”

Calloway is ranked as the No. 60 athlete in the 2020 class according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He’s ranked No. 787 nationally and No. 84 out of Georgia.

“They see me playing slot receiver and maybe some cornerback,” Calloway said of Tennessee’s plans to use him.

He said he’s not yet decided if he’ll enroll early but it’s a possibility.

Just for tracking purposes:

Commitment - .8556
April 22 - .8577
September 20th - .8934
December 6th - .9104

Last edited:
Yep best recruiting class in ages.....shaping up to be one for the history books....foundation of a championship team

I know it's late... but Coach Pruitt always tweets something out when we get a commitment. He hasn't done that. Kid also hasn't tweeted anything about it.

Did this kid jump the gun premature? Or 247 put the info out before they were supposed to?

"I told coach (Jeremy) Pruitt after the game and he thought it was great," Calloway said. "He shook my hand and said I can't wait to get to coach you."

Calloway becomes the sixth member of the 2020 class. The 5-foot-11, 170-pound prospect committed to the Vols as an athlete, as Tennessee isn't quite sure of his positional future just yet. He's capable of playing receiver or corner and is also a dynamic returner.

"They like how I can make people miss, and I'm fast," he said.

"I want to play offense. Slot receiver. I''m (see) myself like a Deseasn Jackson. But when I came over there they talked to me a little about defense, too."

Calloway earned a UT offer in January and quickly visited for a Junior Day the next month. Tee Martin and Tracy Rocker are his main two recruiters.

"They're straightforward. They have a lot of experience," he said. "(Martin) has stayed consistent keeping in contact."

As for why now? Calloway suggested he has wanted to commit for sometime but the atmosphere at the spring game sealed the deal in his decision.

"I just felt like the environment matched my personality. Tennessee seemed like the best place to be," he said.
—VQ

VN Store

Back