Tennessee vs #2 Georgia Game 2 Thread - 6:30pm

Vols RPI is now 7 and have the 2nd most quadrant 1 wins in the country. Strength of schedule is 5. Hosting a regional isn’t out of the question at all , Baseball America even noted that they are in play for hosting a regional. Going 6-3 or 7-2 against Mizzou, Kentucky and Florida and just not getting swept in the the other series and then winning the rest of the non cons and getting a win or 2 In Hoover I believe would have them in position to do that.

Last edited:
D1 Digest: Another Vols Shutout Leads Action-Packed Friday
Roundup Aaron Fitt - April 13

Team of the Day: Tennessee
Another day, another Garrett, and another shutout for Tennessee. A day after lefthander Garrett Crochet and two relievers combined to shut out Georgia 2-0, ace Garrett Stallings took the mound Friday and blanked the No. 2 Bulldogs all by himself. Stallings went the distance, scattering five hits and allowing just one walk while striking out five to lead the Volunteers to a 3-0 win, clinching a massive series with one game to play. The Volunteers continue to lead Division I in shutouts — they now have eight shutouts in 36 games, and they rank 10th in the nation with a 2.96 ERA. Stallings has ld the way for this staff all year; he’s now 6-2, 1.88 with 64 strikeouts and 11 walks in 62.1 innings. The Vols posted back-to-back shutouts in an SEC series for the first time since 1967.

This was a huge series for Tennessee, which lost three of its first four SEC series, albeit against ranked opponents Auburn, Vanderbilt and Mississippi State. After taking down the second-ranked Bulldogs in back-to-back games, Tennessee put itself in much better position heading into the home stretch, improving to 6-8 in the SEC, and 26-10 overall. The Tennessee pitching staff is clearly the real deal, and the offense has done just enough this weekend. It mustered six hits Saturday, but got a pair of sacrifice flies from Justin Ammons.

I hope the fan base finally starts paying attention to our baseVols as well. Really impressed with the direction this team is headed in. Pitching is on point, bats are hot. Great series win, HISTORY is being made on multiple athletic fronts at our beloved University of Tennessee!

I've been slow to buy in, but I'm starting to feel like we may be turning a corner. I'm tickled with the series win. Can't really bring myself to think or even type the word...swe...nah, not gonna jinx us. Man, if we can get this one today and inch closer to .500 in the league...well...I have no words. Would be amazing.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
I hope the fan base finally starts paying attention to our baseVols as well. Really impressed with the direction this team is headed in. Pitching is on point, bats are hot. Great series win, HISTORY is being made on multiple athletic fronts at our beloved University of Tennessee!
Go Big Orange!!

Reactions: feathersax
Wow, Arkansas pitcher gets pulled in the 1st without recording an out and his replacement walks in a run and gives up a grand slam. Vandy with 7 runs and still no outs in the 1st.

Reactions: RollerVol
If I gave myself points Bruin would finally chime in and formally protest, call collusion, and want a special council to investigate!

don't ya just hate politics...:D:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back