Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on Bass, you don't know what your missing. try a good Cuban or Dominican or Nica cigar and you will be hooked for life! lol

Hanging out with Phillies 2nd baseman Cesar Hernandez during spring training in Clearwater. My buddy daughter who is beautiful gets us free tickets to all the games. Acuna calls her and drives her crazy. lol Go Braves!!!!17352112_10155133415699508_7959121139528346276_n.jpg

Extend to big money? He’s locked up through his age 30 season. Most of his future value would be gone.

He was a 4 war player as a 21 year old. He probably would have gotten this salary in his first year of arbitration. It’s an unbelievably dumb deal for him.
Oz ranked 64-78 in second half last year in ops of guys with 250 plus ab’s. So, some risk there for Braves because his production dropped

Enjoyed the Will Friend interview also. *Seems like a tough, hard nosed coach but with a very likable personality. At least talks like he has really good grasp on how to get this accomplished.

Also talked up how big of a recruiting weekend this is. Like Pruitt, he pushed the impact the spring game has. Leaves a huge feeling of excitement with the recruits when they think about TN.

Scrolled the FF while there. Unfortunately, if we're relying on many of them to contribute to that crowd and atmosphere, we're screwed. Lots of 30-40 thousand max, talk.
Still butthurt over Pruitt calling out last year's attendance. General sense of "don't care" and derogatory remarks are more fun.

Enjoyed the Will Friend interview also. *Seems like a tough, hard nosed coach but with a very likable personality. At least talks like he has really good grasp on how to get this accomplished.

Also talked up how big of a recruiting weekend this is. Like Pruitt, he pushed the impact the spring game has. Leaves a huge feeling of excitement with the recruits when they think about TN.

Scrolled the FF while there. Unfortunately, if we're relying on many of them to contribute to that crowd and atmosphere, we're screwed. Lots of 30-40 thousand max, talk.
Still butthurt over Pruitt calling out last year's attendance. General sense of "don't care" and derogatory remarks are more fun.
I so hope we have better fans than those.

I so hope we have better fans than those.
Some really good ones also, people driving and even flying in from far away. Hopefully the others are just the VERY vocal minority.

I think Nick's joke is close to accurate. Many just seem to high five one another over who can best insult "their team".
Like a bunch of jr high kids where it's just the cool thing to do.
Need to grow the hell up.

Last edited:
As we know the reports we get from practice are BS year to year. If VQ says JJP has been struggling this off season he’ll probably end up an All-American.

I don't see them as being wrong in opposite directions, just always sounding better than reality.

ie if vet player is handling business day in and day out = decent year, late draft maybe

if new kid is flashing = barely plays for 2 years

spring award winners always end up 2nd stringers

and newcomers that dont do much = probably won't see all year. produce as a junior as we all talk about recruiting over him

notice no all-sec years or 1st rounders, because...Tennessee. The dolly, lyle years bvs is real.

Some really good ones also, people driving and even flying in from far away. Hopefully the others are just the VERY vocal minority.

I think Nick's joke is close to accurate. Many just seem to high five one another over who can best insult "their team".
Like a bunch of jr high kids were it's just the cool thing to do.
Need to grow the hell up.
I can't even go over there and read that junk other than practice reports. Those guys are pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back