(Central Gwinett)
Daejon Reynolds, Central Gwinnett, Athlete
Daejon Reynolds, 2021 Athlete - Rivals
DaeDae Reynolds on Hudl

Vols Recruiting timeline
3/29/19 - Vols offer. (tweet)
4/13/19 - Visits for O&W game

Last edited:
“It was good,” said Reynolds. “I liked the facilities and the atmosphere of the spring game, because there was a lot of fans there just for a spring game.” Reynolds said he went to Tennessee with his mother and his younger sister, and one of the Vols’ pregame traditions was among the highlights of the visit. “It was probably the ‘Vol Walk’ — you know, the players and stuff walk down,” Reynolds said. “I knew some of the players, like Wanya (Morris), Ramel (Keyton) and stuff like that, Warren (Burrell). I knew a lot of those players. It was just fun seeing a lot of guys I’ve seen and that I knew.”

He said he had heard good things about Tennessee from four-star Vols quarterback commitment Harrison Bailey of Marietta, Ga., who’s one of Reynolds’ 7-on-7 teammates. “Harrison Bailey, he plays on my 7-on-7 team and he said it’s nice up there, and I saw him up there,” Reynolds said. “I’ve heard about him since eighth grade and stuff, but I didn’t really know him,” Reynolds said of Bailey, a top-100 prospect in the 247Sports Composite who has been committed to Tennessee since late November. “But I’ve started knowing him this year.”

During Reynolds’ stay at Tennessee, he spoke with first-year Vols offensive coordinator Jim Chaney. “He was just saying how they need more of me as a receiver,” Reynolds said, recalling his conversation with Chaney. “That’s what they lack, and I would fit well in the program. We were talking about another receiver, and he said I was big. “There’s not a lot of big receivers that can move like small guys, so he said I was big and I can run routes very good.”

Bailey was just one of a few familiar faces who saw Reynolds at Tennessee. “I seen a few players I know up there,” Reynolds said. “I knew (four-star wide receiver) EJ Williams from Central Phenix (City). I knew a lot of other guys up there. The (Jimmy) Calloway that just committed, I seen him and a lot of other kids.” Reynolds said knowing a few players at a school is “for sure” a big deal to him, “because chemistry goes a long way on a football team.”

“One, they’re in the SEC,” Reynolds said. “I would love to be in the SEC. And I feel like they’re on the come-up, for sure. I feel like they’re about to get more receivers and depth because they just got commits in there now. I feel like the bigger commits they get, the more commits they will get.” He added that he “will definitely be up there again” for another visit to Tennessee in the coming months.

Reactions: EdEcEko77 and T Dog

VN Store

Back