• HIGH SCHOOL Lee County
  • HOME TOWN Sanford, NC
  • CLASS 2020
Desmond Evans, Lee County, Weak-Side Defensive End

Desmond Evans, 2020 Weakside defensive end - Rivals.com

Desmond Evans on Hudl

Visited for Bama game.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I mean, I really liked it very much,” said Evans, who’s ranked the No. 29 overall prospect and No. 2 weakside defensive end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class. “I hope to go there for some games a little bit more to build that connection with the coaches. But everything, overall, it was a good game. They fought even though it was Alabama.”

Evans, who holds offers from at least 17 schools, said he decided to travel to Tennessee on Saturday with a couple of his coaches and one of his teammates because of his interactions with first-year Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff. Chris Rumph, Tennessee’s co-defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach, currently is serving as Evans’ primary recruiter for the Vols. “(I like) just the coaches, how they treat me and how they talk to me,” Evans said. “They’re just cool.”

“I mean, I was just watching how their defense was playing and stuff like that,” he said. “They didn’t back down from the challenge. “The fans, they were into it. I liked the fans and stuff like that, how many people that was there.” Evans said he spoke with both Pruitt and Rumph during the visit. “They were just saying, ‘I like you very much. You’re a good athlete. We’re going to keep building this relationship with you. I want you,’ and just stuff like that,” Evans said.

“They’d been waiting for a while to talk to me and (for me) to come to their game.” Asked whether he plans to visit the Vols again at some point, he said, “Oh, yeah.”

@griddie anything new with this kid? Have asked AP and Simonton several times but not much in a response. Any chance he ends up west of the Smokies??

@griddie anything new with this kid? Have asked AP and Simonton several times but not much in a response. Any chance he ends up west of the Smokies??

The answer to your question should be obvious.

No.... nothing new. At least with regards to the Vols. If there was and anyone had a clue, we’d be talking about it.

Some here are so welcoming... :rolleyes: Not plugged in like griddle but UNC seems to be the favorite for Evans rn... with Mack Brown taking over they have become more of a factor. Just doesn't seem to have a ton of interest in us.

Jesse or AP, any update on Des Evans? Any chance TN can make a run at him, or will he stay east of the smokies?
Simonton said:
Nothing new to report there. He hasn't visited since last October. He does have a relationship with Weinke and Rumph. He's absolutely a priority but right now the in-state schools are at the forefront of his recruitment. I was disappointed he didn't participate in the Rivals Camp in Charlotte to get to see him work first-hand.

Has the feeling that momma wants him to stay close to home at either UNC or NC State. Hopefully she'll let him visit this summer.

Going to be a real shame if this kid does stay in NC. Seems like we’re running 4th right now to UNC & N.C. State then USCjr. Hopefully he visits this summer.

Why do always seem to be in on the recruits who’s moms always make the decisions (Bogle, Pappoe, Evans, etc.)??

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Going to be a real shame if this kid does stay in NC. Seems like we’re running 4th right now to UNC & N.C. State then USCjr. Hopefully he visits this summer.

we're running 4th in a lot of recruitments

VN Store

Back