Holly's talentless team was 50% of the blame

Can't wait for CKH to develop these high school All Americans into a legitimate contender. Wait for it, LV fans.

Reactions: Lurker
serious? you have posted over 11,000 times only 600 likes. you have no clue. she didn't know how to develop or use talent.

I have lots of faith in CKH but not as much in the current roster of players! Hope I am wrong!

Hang in there with the players. This ship has been rudderless for as long as these players have been on campus.

I don't know if KJH can coach at this level. Time will tell. But if KJH is half the leader she was while a player, these girls are very likely to play very differently next season.

If they don't, she'll need to recruit over them. If they don't and she can't successfully replace them, I hope we don't wait 7 or 8 more years to address an obvious problem.

For now, I have hope she will succeed and I hope everyone has the patience to give her a fair chance to succeed.

OP, I was of the opinion that CHW did a pretty bang up job on the recruiting trail. It's just after the roster was stacked that not much coaching went on.

The LVs looked like a perfect storm for a coaching change (for once around here). CHW loaded the cupboard and whoever got the job was walking into a good situation. Fulmer said in the presser that the interest in the job was phenomenal. No wonder.

Now, whether we got the right replacement or not will play out in a couple of years. I wasn't too thrilled w the hire. But, dang if she didn't grand slam the presser(imo), hit the ground running, save the class, and keep the current sheep in the fold(so far). My hope level jumped quite a bit after the past 3 days.

It concerned me in the presser that Phil prioritized getting a LV in the search. I believe there is some value, continuity, and trust in that. What concerns me is that he may have left a better candidate(s) out due to an overarching "family" principle.

But, imo Kellie Harper is a 10 hire SO FAR. With the talent left and coming in already, I can't fathom how we are not squarely in the SEC title mix next season with realistic NCAAT waves to be made.

In summary: We're definitely a FF Team for this off-season! šŸ˜†

Let's not throw everything on her. Her inability to recruit did her in on the end. Agree?
It's hard to believe that you follow the Lady Vols and aren't aware that Holly's recruiting was pretty good. It really hasn't slipped that much from the end of Summitt's tenure... and you do have to credit her for Horston and Key.

I love how some of tbese people think 5 star high school translates to immediate success in college. Coaching and playing high school is not even remotely close to college. The worst college players are almost always more skilled than most high school players these 5 stars go up against during their high school playing days. Then you mix a team of 5 stars together that were used to being top dog on their team and you have issues if you dont have a coach that knows how to mesh those players together. And you have to control their me attitudes on top of that. Coaching is 85% of success at the college level. Poor coaching is always trumped by great coaching. Luck plays a small part especially if your players half arse it most of the game.

In this thread, so far, you have made the most accurate description of recruiting.

The majority of HIGH SCHOOL all-Americans turn out to be very average COLLEGE basketball players.

Let's not throw everything on her. Her inability to recruit did her in on the end. Agree?

Warlick was not responsible for the recruiting classes of 2017 and 2018 nor the incoming class of 2019. That was the work of Sharonna Reaves. 2017 and 2018 were either #1 or #2 in the nation. 2019 has the #1 recruit in the nation plus 2 others in the HoopGurlz top 60. Warlick had the player talent, she did absolutely nothing to make the players better...she tolerated huge turnovers most every game...3 games of 27 turnovers per game. On occasions she tolerated FREE THROW problems, but again did nothing to improve.

She recruited talent but she failed to notice the strength and weaknesses of who she recruited and got way to many players that are similar on the team. She needed some better perimeter shooters and probably some quicker guard.

No need for me to pile on here.... but the HEAD COACH is always 100% responsible for what goes on in the program, because he or she has 100% control of it Period!!!

Reactions: mcannon1
I'm honestly not that hyped about her past results. Maybe she comes here and all of the sudden becomes an Elite coach. Her past results point to average results with one good year every four seasons or so.

Considering the last coach was below average with above average talent Iā€™ll take it as an improvement šŸ˜ƒ

What? They had the number 1 class last year, and several top players in the other classes. Clear dysfunction on the way they played, and clear delusion on your part.

Reactions: mcannon1

I completely disagree. I think Holly was not able to coach them up, and make a cohesive team. She has always had plenty of talent to work with.

We as fans are thrilled when our men's team pulls in a player in the top 50. Yet, the women have consistently gotten players in the top 10 and even top 5.

VN Store

Back