Just pay the Baylor coach whatever it takes

Maybe with Barnes buyout money, we can pay off Butch and Holly.
That article was very old (2002) and it sounded like UT with it’s winning tradition was barely making a profit (and some years not).
A current article would be good, and I am not interested in revenue, I want to know about profit and loss.

Saw a Werewolf drinking a pina coloda at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect . . .

Love Warren Zevon. Little known Zevon trivia - he was discovered and mentored by Jackson Browne.

Love Warren Zevon. Little known Zevon trivia - he was discovered and mentored by Jackson Browne.

Yeah, and he contributed a lot of great songs to Linda, too: Carmelita, Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me, Mohammed's Radio, and Hasten Down the Wind (which she used as the title track of the album where it appears).

His final album was a self-reflective gem that acknowledged his soon-to-be passing while still managing to maintain his quirky humor. If he's not in the songwriter's HOF, he should be.

Someone should do a video of Bruce Pearl highlights set to "Excitable Boy."

Last edited:
Yeah, and he contributed a lot of great songs to Linda, too: Carmelita, Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me, Mohammed's Radio, and Hasten Down the Wind (which she used as the title track of the album where it appears).

His final album was a self-reflective gem that acknowledged his soon-to-be passing while still managing to maintain his quirky humor. If he's not in the songwriter's HOF, he should be.

Someone should do a video of Bruce Pearl highlights set to "Excitable Boy."
Definitely Linda made Zevons early songs popular. Love 70s Linda! Hasten Down the Wind is the famous nipple album cover, plus a great song. I love Accidentally Like a Martyr. Enjoy Every Sandwich was Zevon's legacy album, and I think of that frequently.

Bruce's Excitable Boy needs to be cut with "Your Cheatin' Heart". Auburn going to vacate everything that happened this year before the investigation is over.

My son was being tested for gifted and he blew the psychologist away by saying “like drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic’s” and quoting Hamlet’s soliloquy in response to another question. He was 7.

Draw blood!

Forbes calls out Naismith HoF.

Next Stop For Baylor Women's Basketball Coach Kim Mulkey Should Be Naismith Hall Of Fame

Very good read.

Only two NCAA national championships can’t be reason for perennial Naismith rejection. Notre Dame’s Muffet McGraw is a card-carrying member of the Naismith and when she was inducted in 2017 her teams had won only one national NCAA title. Her team won its second title in 2018. Tara VanDerveer, a 2011 inductee, has two national championships on her resume.
Fortunately for Mulkey’s Hall hopes, her Baylor team beat McGraw’s Notre Dame team for the NCAA Division I title on Sunday night. That means Mulkey has now coached three national champions jat Baylor. She no longer has to tap on the door. She should knock it down.

The only things I would add are:

*Kim won her gold playing for Pat in '84.

*Kim won a Championship as an assistant at La Tech.

*Two of Kim's three Championships at Baylor have come at the experience of HoF Coach Muffie McMuffin.

*Kim regularly beats HoF Coach Sherri Coale like a drum (17 of last 18).

Last edited:
To be the best, you have to beat the best.

One of the greatest things that was historically great about our Lady Vol program was that we were not afraid to play anyone, anywhere. It may have cost in terms of overall W-L records or even strategically in tournament seedings. However, it was a source of great pride and, ultimately IMO, a big reason for the championship banners.

I have it on high authority that Mulkey wanted the job...

I too believe she was interested, but have no source. If this is true I suspect money was the only issue there. She would have been one of the very few candidates that was not a former lady vol that would have still pleased the faction of the fan base who were so hung up on that.

If we even had a chance and Fulmer passed her up solely to hire a former Lady Vol I would be sick.

Forbes calls out Naismith HoF.

Next Stop For Baylor Women's Basketball Coach Kim Mulkey Should Be Naismith Hall Of Fame

Very good read.

The only things I would add are:

*Kim won her gold playing for Pat in '84.

*Kim won a Championship as an assistant at La Tech.

*Two of Kim's three Championships at Baylor have come at the experience of HoF Coach Muffie McMuffin.

*Kim regularly beats HoF Coach Sherri Coale like a drum (17 of last 18).

I would have lost money if I had been asked to bet on this. How can it be that she is not in the HOF? Amazing.

I would have lost money if I had been asked to bet on this. How can it be that she is not in the HOF? Amazing.
The HoF should release the names of their voters (not just because of Kim) so that the general public can receive the answers to these type of questions. Somebody needs to hold their feet to the fire.

It would be nice to see Kim inducted in the same class with Tim Duncan next season though.

I too believe she was interested, but have no source. If this is true I suspect money was the only issue there. She would have been one of the very few candidates that was not a former lady vol that would have still pleased the faction of the fan base who were so hung up on that.

If we even had a chance and Fulmer passed her up solely to hire a former Lady Vol I would be sick.
I hear that this was the case

Reactions: cutiepie5
I have a hard time believing that a coach that just won the national championship would want to jump ship to another program. Not saying it's not true, just very hard to believe.
I would have thought so too. But it’s a testament to this program and the support it gets

I have it on high authority that Mulkey wanted the job...
If Mulkey wanted the job then money was the only show stopper in naming her as the next LV HC. There is no way AD Fulmer would have spurned her. However, I find it hard to believe that she did want the job. I am not belittling your statement, I just find it hard to believe.

If Mulkey wanted the job then money was the only show stopper in naming her as the next LV HC. There is no way AD Fulmer would have spurned her. However, I find it hard to believe that she did want the job. I am not belittling your statement, I just find it hard to believe.
I was surprised too, and money may have been a significant factor, but so was Phil’s desire to stay within the lady vol family.

I was surprised too, and money may have been a significant factor, but so was Phil’s desire to stay within the lady vol family.
Are you saying that AD Fulmer passed over a coach with a lifetime won-loss percentage of .853 and 3 national championships in favor of a former lady vol? I have more than respect for KJH and wish her the best of success. However, there is no comparison in the past records of the two coaches. However, I am not saying that KJH can not achieve similar success in the future. I believe she can but this is only optimistic speculation.

Are you saying that AD Fulmer passed over a coach with a lifetime won-loss percentage of .853 and 3 national championships in favor of a former lady vol? I have more than respect for KJH and wish her the best of success. However, there is no comparison in the past records of the two coaches. However, I am not saying that KJH can not achieve similar success in the future. I believe she can but this is only optimistic speculation.
I said that money may have been a major consideration as well. But that Mulkey wanted the job.

I said that money may have been a major consideration as well. But that Mulkey wanted the job.
@BUBear, you reading this? Money not withstanding, don’t think I’m buying it. Should you post in Baylor Nation for input😂😂😂?

Sorry, golfballs, I think someone is giving you a line. No way this could have not exploded.

VN Store

Back