2019-20 Schedule/Cupcakes?

Ha! I am an old timer and I did not agree with her decision then! To Pat and lots of Lady Vols fans her decision to stop playing UCONN made sense to WCBB fans around the country it just looked like we were scared to play the team and coach that dethroned us!

What made sense about it? We don't even have an official reason it was cancelled. It was kept secret by our coaches.
Do you know the exact reason?

Yes, I do.
It’s not something I would share on a message board or with a stranger.
Trust me, it was more than merited.

That's the point I'm getting at. I don't trust you and can't. No offense. Here's why.

We're talking @ the top 2 (then) progs parting ways but NOBODY will talk @ why. Both side say "it's the other guys fault". And THEY are so bad that we can't discuss it.

Horse Hockey! If OUR side is clean and the other dirty, then why one earth should WE continue in the cover-up. The same goes for THEM. If US and THEM are both covering truth, then I say BOTH are guilty of something.

The same goes for anyone who says "I know the reason, but can only share it in secret". That doubly makes OUR side look abundantly guilty.

So, if OUR side is truly clean in all this, then speak up and quit covering for THEM, I say.

It is my understanding, that hart made those changes, not Holly. He had told Pat her last year she had to schedule more home games, he wanted the money. You don't get good teams to ONLY play you at home..they want a home and away. So you schedule cupcakes because the AD wants MORE money. And in doing so damage the product. Sort of like increasing prices to not "cheapen" the product and discovering people aren't willing, or are unable, to pay the higher price. Correct me if I'm wrong @DeerPark12 .

Goes back farther than Hart. Need a minimum 16 home games out of 29 possible scheduled games. The SEC gives you 8. UT currently has contracts with Notre Dame, Stanford and Texas to play annually. The SEC/B12 challenge occupies a 4th spot. In a given year, two of those games are at home, the other two are on the road. So that's 20 of 29 games and 10 of 16 home games scheduled before you do anything additional. To hit the 16 number every year, that means you only have the ability to schedule three additional road games. Any Power 5 opponent wants a home-and-home, so those three spots can fill up in a hurry. If you play in an event like Mexico or the Bahamas, that takes up those three other possible road dates.

Those restrictions lead to having to find opponents willing to come here without a return trip. Those are not great teams.

Ha! I am an old timer and I did not agree with her decision then! To Pat and lots of Lady Vols fans her decision to stop playing UCONN made sense to WCBB fans around the country it just looked like we were scared to play the team and coach that dethroned us!

At the time Pat cancelled the series, Candace was still on the team and we already had a 3-game winning streak against them. Pat didn't cancel because she was skeered or "dethroned". We would have played them in the 2008 FF if Stanford had not knocked them out.

I would love to see Duke and Tennessee play each other in both men and women's basketball in the future.

That's the point I'm getting at. I don't trust you and can't. No offense. Here's why.

We're talking @ the top 2 (then) progs parting ways but NOBODY will talk @ why. Both side say "it's the other guys fault". And THEY are so bad that we can't discuss it.

Horse Hockey! If OUR side is clean and the other dirty, then why one earth should WE continue in the cover-up. The same goes for THEM. If US and THEM are both covering truth, then I say BOTH are guilty of something.

The same goes for anyone who says "I know the reason, but can only share it in secret". That doubly makes OUR side look abundantly guilty.

So, if OUR side is truly clean in all this, then speak up and quit covering for THEM, I say.

Not a matter of cleanliness.
It’s a matter of decency. And, that’s as far as I can or will go.
If this is really important to you, I would suggest that you pursue it privately with people close to the program.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Can we please not have ANOTHER thread about the series being cancelled. If you don't know the reasons why it was cancelled, there's a thing called Google that can help you.

The series is back on, and will benefit the Pat Summitt foundation. That's the only reason Holly agreed to the series coming back. It's here for two years, and then it will be decided on again to keep it going or not.

Nothing said here is going to change that.

Not a matter of cleanliness.
It’s a matter of decency. And, that’s as far as I can or will go.
If this is really important to you, I would suggest that you pursue it privately with people close to the program.
Can we please not have ANOTHER thread about the series being cancelled. If you don't know the reasons why it was cancelled, there's a thing called Google that can help you.

The series is back on, and will benefit the Pat Summitt foundation. That's the only reason Holly agreed to the series coming back. It's here for two years, and then it will be decided on again to keep it going or not.

Nothing said here is going to change that.

Why do you think there are 1.6million threads on this subject. Do you really think anyone would still be asking if the truth were made public yet?

Would you like to let us all know which link on your Google search brings anything more than a coverup, secrecy, someone's conjecture, or unfounded accusations. I'll be waiting for your technical expertise.

Why do you think there are 1.6million threads on this subject. Do you really think anyone would still be asking if the truth were made public yet?

Would you like to let us all know which link on your Google search brings anything more than a coverup, secrecy, someone's conjecture, or unfounded accusations. I'll be waiting for your technical expertise.

The reason for this is that it is not a pleasant subject.
Few know all of the real reasons.
I insisted on knowing and persisted in asking the right people in the program.
Then, I wish I hadn’t asked.
It almost made me give up watching any women’s basketball games.
You won’t get the answers you seek on a message board. Nor should you.
Geno is a great coach. He is a terrible person. Enuf said.
I’m done with the subject. Have a good day.

Oh, and welcome Kellie. Here’s hoping you have a fantastic tenure as our new Coach!

The reason for this is that it is not a pleasant subject.
Few know all of the real reasons.
I insisted on knowing and persisted in asking the right people in the program.
Then, I wish I hadn’t asked.
It almost made me give up watching any women’s basketball games.
You won’t get the answers you seek on a message board. Nor should you.
Geno is a great coach. He is a terrible person. Enuf said.
I’m done with the subject. Have a good day.

Oh, and welcome Kellie. Here’s hoping you have a fantastic tenure as our new Coach!

Well, here we are all the way back to the starting line. That mean ole coach up there is so dark and evil that we were forced to take our today and go home. Oh, but we can't say why that is because it's too hard for the public to handle. Just trust us and stay in your lane.

Thanks for engaging. Forgive me if I don't buy that.

Apparently, I, like a lot of (most) folks, don't know the skinny on why the series was "really" cancelled and none of us are apparently ever going to know because it cannot be uttered aloud. The contemporaneous public information available about the dispute did not support the cancellation in my book. Were there problems and bs going on at UConn? I think so. But similar things go on in men's basketball all of the time. Nobody stops playing the questionable mens programs because it is suspected that they cheat.

Who said, "toughen up, buttercup?" It seems like it was someone very close to this program.

To be the best you have to play and beat the best. Steel sharpens steel. The more UT plays competition like Stanford, ND, Baylor, UConn and the like, the better in my book.

The cancellation of the UT/UConn rivalry was a negative thing for women's college basketball. If in fact it was justified, I've never heard that justification.

Finally, I don't think Holly was a sell out for agreeing to getting it going again and my guess she did not act alone in that decision. She would never have insulted PS or her legacy in that manner and I give her credit for standing up on this issue. This issue is in the past and should stay there until someone proves otherwise to me --- an apparently less informed, but totally invested, fan. Go Lady Vols!

Next year's UConn team will be their weakest in at least six years. Not a particularly bad year to play them -- even at their place. And a good test/opportunity for the new coach.

Reactions: Rixxx

VN Store

Back