Instragram Clip of the LVs first practice under KJH

I kid you not I have never seen a promo for the team showing a basic thing as working on block outs or basic kick outs. Shouldn't be shooting anything outside the 3 pt line though until we can master consistently hitting those within 2ft of the basket.
That shows how badly things regressed under Holly Warlick

any shorts rolled up ?
zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg.gif

The "proof is in the pudding" time starts now. I hope a few good initial practices under KJH will get full buy-in from all the projected returners!

The new era begins
I will go on record and say unless Phil makes someone leave they all stay. If the ladies want to stay then shut the mommas up and buy in. Kellie has hit the court running and I trust her!!! JMHO as always!

CKH projects a much more polished presence than CHW. Holly never really seemed comfortable in front of a camera. Now let's see where we go from here.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Eh, I wasn't all that impressed. Talking about blocking out and being good in transition is mandatory in any practice. I was more impress that EW showed up to practice with the team. The areas of Improvement I'm mostly focused on are:

1. Accountability
2. KJH play calling ability
3. KJH defensive schemes
4. KJH game management ( Timeouts, adjustments, substitutions)
5. Developing the player's skills and not relying to their athletic ability
6. Eliminating the low IQ basketball plays ( one-handed telegraph passes, going 1 on 3, shooting the ball with 10 sec left in the qt instead of holding for one shot)

We won't know most of these things until Tennesse plays 15-20 gms. But I'm fully in support of KJH.

Eh, I wasn't all that impressed. Talking about blocking out and being good in transition is mandatory in any practice. I was more impress that EW showed up to practice with the team. The areas of Improvement I'm mostly focused on are:

1. Accountability
2. KJH play calling ability
3. KJH defensive schemes
4. KJH game management ( Timeouts, adjustments, substitutions)
5. Developing the player's skills and not relying to their athletic ability
6. Eliminating the low IQ basketball plays ( one-handed telegraph passes, going 1 on 3, shooting the ball with 10 sec left in the qt instead of holding for one shot)

We won't know most of these things until Tennesse plays 15-20 gms. But I'm fully in support of KJH.

Well, we saw about a 30 second clip of a much longer first practice so there is a good chance that she addressed some other aspects of the game.

What did come through is that there was a high degree of intensity to the practice and that has been a big problem area for this team. And for this group of players, some time getting back to basics is probably an overdue remedial lesson-- a lot of bad habits crept into their respective games.

Last edited:
The personality and body language I saw from her in the short clip of the first practice didn't seem strong enough to me. Came across as too passive and accommodating. First practice interaction with the players - demand attention and accountability; players wondering what they've just gotten into; don't be so transparent; leave an air of mystery about yourself and what you might do next; be outrageous about something once or twice to expand the window of expectations; it's OK if players are initially afraid of you or how they will find their place on this team. There's time to be warm and fuzzy later.

The personality and body language I saw from her in the short clip of the first practice didn't seem strong enough to me. Came across as too passive and accommodating. First practice interaction with the players - demand attention and accountability; players wondering what they've just gotten into; don't be so transparent; leave an air of mystery about yourself and what you might do next; be outrageous about something once or twice to expand the window of expectations; it's OK if players are initially afraid of you or how they will find their place on this team. There's time to be warm and fuzzy later.

lol! You know she just briefly met them yesterday, right?
Also, have you ever met a young woman before?

VN Store

Back