Lady Vols - Australian Jessie Rennie Commit - Status

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Several weeks ago it was announced that an outstanding Australian basketball guard, Jessie Rennie, had committed to the Lady Vols. Yesterday in the press conference in a question asked to now Coach Harper about her status, Harper was totally confused and appeared to have no knowledge of such...someone on the side was attempting to help. Does anyone know the current status of Jessie Rennie at the moment? Rennie has a fantastic basketball resume and we could use her.

She wasn't confused- Rennie hasn't signed, so she couldn't comment on her.

She was just double-checking to make sure.

Several weeks ago it was announced that an outstanding Australian basketball guard, Jessie Rennie, had committed to the Lady Vols. Yesterday in the press conference in a question asked to now Coach Harper about her status, Harper was totally confused and appeared to have no knowledge of such...someone on the side was attempting to help. Does anyone know the current status of Jessie Rennie at the moment? Rennie has a fantastic basketball resume and we could use her.

Not confused, just didn't want to get smacked with some sort of violation on her first day.

Thanks to posters here and in other threads for explaining. It confused me that Kellie looked as though she caught unaware.

If Jessie is the real deal, would love to see another sharpshooter added if there's room. Tough break for her if not, but that often happens with coaching changes.

Thanks to posters here and in other threads for explaining. It confused me that Kellie looked as though she caught unaware.

If Jessie is the real deal, would love to see another sharpshooter added if there's room. Tough break for her if not, but that often happens with coaching changes.

reporter should have known better than to ask that question

I'm sure Kellie will be reaching out.

Jessie was scheduled to visit the weekend that Holly was let go, so that visit had to be rescheduled. I'm also sure Lou has been in contact with her as well.

Kellie said her priorities were:

1. Meet with current team
2. Talk to current incoming class
3. Get staff set up
4. Get in contact with recruits

With having to keep current roster intact, communicate with the three that signed, and get her staff up and running I think the Aussie falls into #4 and will be contacted later as well.

I saw reports that Rennie had an ACL injury but I could not tell for sure if the injury was past or recent. Anyone know?

Last edited:
I saw reports that Rennie had an ACL injury but I could not tell for sure of the injury was past or recent. Anyone know?

IDK. One thing I do know: Kellie Jolley Harper ain't skeert of ACL injuries. Just sayin'.

I had long forgotten just how epic her return was in her senior season. She outdid Adrian Peterson's return, and that is help up as a medical marvel.

She wasn't confused- Rennie hasn't signed, so she couldn't comment on her.

She was just double-checking to make sure.

This - and that she had the presence of mind in her initial press conference to not be led into commenting on this was pretty impressive----- along with the rest of the press conference - I think she knocked it out of the park. Excited about the future.

Kellie said her priorities were:

1. Meet with current team
2. Talk to current incoming class
3. Get staff set up
4. Get in contact with recruits

With having to keep current roster intact, communicate with the three that signed, and get her staff up and running I think the Aussie falls into #4 and will be contacted later as well.
I'd bet some of these things are being done concurrently...pretty sure she can multi-task.

I'd bet some of these things are being done concurrently...pretty sure she can multi-task.

I’m sure you’re right but she said that was her priorities in that order... and I think she has it right you provide attention to those most affected then work your way down.

Reactions: RollerVol
Just not sure she is that good. I have seen many shooters in Tennessee who appear to be better shooters and more size. I was not impressed with the films. Lady vols need to go for basketball skills and not athleticism or can rebound. Need the scorers., especially 3 point shooters. The 3 point shot is the biggest game changer in basketball.

Just not sure she is that good. I have seen many shooters in Tennessee who appear to be better shooters and more size. I was not impressed with the films. Lady vols need to go for basketball skills and not athleticism or can rebound. Need the scorers., especially 3 point shooters. The 3 point shot is the biggest game changer in basketball.
She looked really good in the video I posted on this thread but how good is Australian women's basketball?

Not confused, smart...don't comment on players who have not officially committed.

Hoping KJH brings back the long range shooters we haven't had in the program for many years!

She looked really good in the video I posted on this thread but how good is Australian women's basketball?
the Aussie women's Olympic basketball team has won 3 silver and 2 bronze medals . Their all time
record in the olympics is 40-16

quite a few Aussies have played and are now playing in the WNBA

The girl can drill the 3 ball.....Since she's white, she won't be as fast as the black girls....But many teams have slow white girls that bomb the heck out of the 3 ball....

We do need her..........

I don’t think her being white means she has to be slow she just needs a change of pace to throw defenders off and Steve Kerr was not athletic but his team knew how to get him open and he came off the screen pretty quick with a quick release.

VN Store

Back