College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

Magnificent game between UCF and Duke. It's a shame either had to lose. I get it - survive and advance. Wow.

Please tell me how Zion can extend his arm out and not be called for an offensive foul? Also over the back call after the missed free throw?

Sure, UCF missed the alley oop dunk but they probably could have still won it if Zion was called for that obvious offensive foul.

Please tell me how Zion can extend his arm out and not be called for an offensive foul? Also over the back call after the missed free throw?

Sure, UCF missed the alley oop dunk but they probably could have still won it if Zion was called for that obvious offensive foul.

Wish I could like this 1,000,000 times. It’s unbelievable.

I have no problem with any of the calls in the 3 games I have watched today, but the foul on Lamonte's block of Bohannon. Maybe the Zion push off before he fouled Tacko out.

Yes I know that which makes this a lifetime choice imo.

I think he was heading for a better job if he waited
Not necessarily. It makes it a comfortable job, and if he succeeds, he can stay there as long as he wants. If he’s ultra-successful, he can leave for a bigger job and no one will blame him.

Reactions: Vol49er
If he leaves there in 3-5 years people will blame him.
Perhaps. Some will blame him if he leaves in 15 years. He won’t please everyone. Most people won’t blame him if he leaves in 5 years for an obvious upgrade (P6 school) and significantly more money. At least they shouldn’t. They’d make the same move themselves if they had the chance.

Now, Belmont is a little spoiled in that they had Byrd for 32 years. But the lifespan of coaches at these low-mid majors is not long. There is constant turnover, either because they were good, or because they were bad. Belmont isn’t a destination job for someone who is one of the 50 best coaches in the country, even for an alumnus. Their fans realize that, even if it hurts them to admit it.

Perhaps. Some will blame him if he leaves in 15 years. He won’t please everyone. Most people won’t blame him if he leaves in 5 years for an obvious upgrade (P6 school) and significantly more money. At least they shouldn’t. They’d make the same move themselves if they had the chance.

Now, Belmont is a little spoiled in that they had Byrd for 32 years. But the lifespan of coaches at these low-mid majors is not long. There is constant turnover, either because they were good, or because they were bad. Belmont isn’t a destination job for someone who is one of the 50 best coaches in the country, even for an alumnus. Their fans realize that, even if it hurts them to admit it.

I'm a belmont guy and I assumed he'd decline because he's very close to getting a nice Job now. I think he had to make some assurances that he was staying a long time to have been hired. At least that's what I was told fwiw

Hoops season is officially here gang! What a way to tip it off with #1 vs #2, #3 vs #4 and the ACC jumping right into the conference schedule on opening night!

Some Finals Are Already in The Book

#16 Baylor-105 Central Arkansas-61
Tulsa-80 Houston Baptist-72
Middle Tennessee-119 Maryville,TN-61

Other good games besides the 2 in NYC tonight include; (EST times)

#5 Louisville at Miami (6:30p ACCN)
Virginia Tech at Clemson (7pm ESPNU)
App State at Michigan (7pm BTN)
Georgia Tech at NC State (8:30p ACCN)
Frenso State at #15 Oregon (9pm Pac12N)
#20 Saint Mary's at Wisconsin (9p ESPNU)
Utah at Nevada (10:30p CBSSN)

Reactions: golfballs

VN Store

Back