Grant holding press conference

Not with the cast of characters he will have around him.
Really? Let's say Bone stays put (and most likely he will). OK? The Admiral's gone...yes...but with Turner and soon-to-be super frosh JJ still here, with another year of NBA tutoring by Coach $8 million, er...I means Barnes, Grant's got a great shot at national POY and a bit more elevation of his draft position. If he ups his long range shooting percentages, he'll eventually be glad he did. Don't believe me? Ask Dwayne Wade.

Really? Let's say Bone stays put (and most likely he will). OK? The Admiral's gone...yes...but with Turner and soon-to-be super frosh JJ still here, with another year of NBA tutoring by Coach $8 million, er...I means Barnes, Grant's got a great shot at national POY and a bit more elevation of his draft position. If he ups his long range shooting percentages, he'll eventually be glad he did. Don't believe me? Ask Dwayne Wade.

Dream on

I just can't see him coming back... I looked it up... he's due about $6 million in his first three years (going 20th in Rd. 1), $1.8 million his first year. I just ask myself, would I give up $2 million to go for an SEC championship (got one) a run in the NCAA tournament (yup, that too). Could he learn a couple more things this year, possibly. And get to play for Barnes one more year. But the man has knee issues and was playing hurt most of the season. I can't imagine him upping his draft status (he can't grow two inches) besides learning a completely new skill, 3 point shot or play point. I mean I guess it's possible... but if I were advising him, I would already get him imaging coming home to his orange jersey being put into the rafters, and the beginning of an NBA career. I think Bone could use a year, and become a truly "elite", game changing point guard (he's got the skills), but in a class weak on point guards, I can't imagine someone not taking a chance on that kind of development opportunity.
I will say something I have said multiple times; Grant Williams is not your typical "better get mine while it's available" athlete. Many athletes need to get drafted when they can because that contact is unfortunately about their only chance at financial stability. Here's a hot take.... Grant Williams makes more money in his life doing something other than playing basketball than he makes during his NBA career. The dude is not going to make his decision because he needs a contract.

Reactions: Schasz
I will say something I have said multiple times; Grant Williams is not your typical "better get mine while it's available" athlete. Many athletes need to get drafted when they can because that contact is unfortunately about their only chance at financial stability. Here's a hot take.... Grant Williams makes more money in his life doing something other than playing basketball than he makes during his NBA career. The dude is not going to make his decision because he needs a contract.

Yikes what a terrible hot take. By the way Grant will graduate in May. He will be done before the draft.

Why is it a terrible take?

It's a fact he comes from a stable financial situation.

Do you know what kind of job you would need to make more than a guaranteed first round NBA contract?

Do you know what kind of job you would need to make more than a guaranteed first round NBA contract?

Sure and I would never sell grant williams short of making Huge $ outside of hoops.

You realize he's one hell of a smart dude that loves to learn about all things don't you ?

Yikes what a terrible hot take. By the way Grant will graduate in May. He will be done before the draft.

#1 Do you NOT know what jobs make strong 6-figure salaries?
#2 Do you NOT understand how many more years he will work after his NBA career?

Now obviously it was a hot take. The point being made is guys decision can't be measured by the same metrics typically used for this type of decision. Unfortunately many young men in his situation NEED to go get that contact if it's possible because they don't have any fall back options if anything were to happen (injury, stock slipping, etc.). That risk is basically non-existent for Grant because he has a bright, profitable future with and/or without the NBA.

This is not a slight on Grant in the least, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's never worked a day in his life. I think it's unreasonable to speculate he has a lot of money to his name at this time. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think it's more reasonable to speculate that his parents are smart enough to not be pumping thousands and thousands of dollars into his account.

This is not a slight on Grant in the least, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's never worked a day in his life. I think it's unreasonable to speculate he has a lot of money to his name at this time. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think it's more reasonable to speculate that his parents are smart enough to not be pumping thousands and thousands of dollars into his account.

Huh???

I missed it if anyone said he was independently wealthy. I am certain he isn't just like 99% of college kids

Huh???

I missed it if anyone said he was independently wealthy. I am certain he isn't just like 99% of college kids
Eh, there are more than 1% of college kids that come from similar backgrounds for sure. We can probably agree that his financial situation is very stable, but I'm sure he has the desire to earn his own money too.

Eh, there are more than 1% of college kids that come from similar backgrounds for sure. We can probably agree that his financial situation is very stable, but I'm sure he has the desire to earn his own money too.

I don't follow the 1% but sure he wants to make his own $ and I am sure he wants to make it in the NBA.

However the point being made is he comes from a financially stable enough family and has a lot going for himself in terms of making $ in the real world outside of basketball that he doesn't make to make a decision based on making $ in the short term. He can afford to bet on himself so to speak in he wants to because of those factors.

VN Store

Back