Fulmer is in over his head...

I guess what would bug me the most is if he throws out 5M a year to the men’s coach and 500k to the women’s side . They always say you can gauge someone’s values by looking in their checkbook ......

I think UT uses a debit card now, so.........

Yogi%20Berra%20It%20Aint%20Over_article_large.jpg
Yeah....just like that except totally different. My favorite Yoga-ism "That restaurant is so crowded nobody goes there anymore"

Reactions: TenUhSee
On the verge of losing his most successful high profile coach (who he didn't hire), while hiring the most convenient option to coach the storied Lady Vols that will be ridiculed nationally for its "frugality."

Not a good look Phil...

So, Darth I gotta ask. Are you a fan of some other program who just likes to sow dissent on the board?

This post is disconnected from reality and seems awfully trolly.

Going back to Holly's first few seasons, at that time, things were going pretty well, with the elite 8 and SEC conference titles. However, you were super adamant that everything was crap because the SEC as a whole had suddently become a terrible basketball conference and so winning conference games meant nothing. You also argued as the LVs advanced through the tournament that the entire state of women's basketball was down and so the LVs accomplishments meant nothing and so. And with every win, it was always "meh, that was a terrible team that the LVs beat and so they suck too."

As I think about it, that hyper-negativity is just a strange stance for a fan to take. And now, you are at the forefront of those suggesting that KJH is a proverbial "turd hire" that defenders of the "in over his head AD" will try to polish, even before KJH has had her first press conference.

So, do you just get off on this "enemy within" thing or what?

Last edited:
On the verge of losing his most successful high profile coach (who he didn't hire), while hiring the most convenient option to coach the storied Lady Vols that will be ridiculed nationally for its "frugality."

Not a good look Phil...

I am 100% behind this hire and will work to help make it a success.
"Come on KJ,,,I got your back"

So, Darth I gotta ask. Are you a fan of some other program who just likes to sow dissent on the board?

This post is disconnected from reality and seems awfully trolly.

No, I'm just a fan who has endured years of disappointing basketball who foolishly got excited that maybe, just maybe, the program was finally ready to get serious about women's basketball again.

Going back to Holly's first few seasons, at that time, things were going pretty well, with the elite 8 and SEC conference titles. However, you were super adamant that everything was crap because the SEC as a whole had suddently become a terrible basketball conference and so winning conference games meant nothing. You also argued as the LVs advanced through the tournament that the entire state of women's basketball was down and so the LVs accomplishments meant nothing and so. And with every win, it was always "meh, that was a terrible team that the LVs beat and so they suck too."

And again, I hate to say I told you so. Holly was a poor coach even in her first years which was apparently masked to a lot of fans (like yourself) by a variety of factors and circumstances. Unless you believe she was a coaching genius her first four years who became stupid toward the end. She set this program back years because so many wouldn't move on.

As I think about it, that hyper-negativity is just a strange stance for a fan to take. And now, you are at the forefront of those suggesting that KJH is a proverbial "turd hire" that defends of the in over his head AD will try to polish," even before KJH has had her first press conference.

So, do you get off on this "enemy within" thing or what?

I'm just astounded more fans aren't embarrassed by this joke of a search. I mean is it true the final two were KJH and Nikki Fargas? REALLY? Do you seriously not see anything wrong here? No, you're just one of the flip floppers who even admitted to being underwhelmed by KJH when she was a candidate but now you're polishing away since she's been hired. It's convenient you talk about me being out of touch with reality when as I recall you were the one talking about unlikely fairy tales when KJH's name came up. Either way, the ignore feature is readily available and it won't hurt my feelings...

No, I'm just a fan who has endured years of disappointing basketball who foolishly got excited that maybe, just maybe, the program was finally ready to get serious about women's basketball again.

Fair enough.

And again, I hate to say I told you so. Holly was a poor coach even in her first years which was apparently masked to a lot of fans (like yourself) by a variety of factors and circumstances. Unless you believe she was a coaching genius her first four years who became stupid toward the end. She set this program back years because so many wouldn't move on.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. I don;t think Holly's first 3 years triggered that many warning signs.
When Holly took over, the offense actually improved from what it had been under the latter SUmmitt years; more free flowing, faster; what later became apparent is that Holly's players had internalized the defensive discipline and accountability of the Summitt system.

And every year after that, things started going in the wrong direction.

And I was not excited by Holly's hire--the lifelong assistant seemed like a read flag but once she was THE COACH, I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

I'm just astounded more fans aren't embarrassed by this joke of a search. I mean is it true the final two were KJH and Nikki Fargas? REALLY? Do you seriously not see anything wrong here? No, you're just one of the flip floppers who even admitted to being underwhelmed by KJH when she was a candidate but now you're polishing away since she's been hired. It's convenient you talk about me being out of touch with reality when as I recall you were the one talking about unlikely fairy tales when KJH's name came up. Either way, the ignore feature is readily available and it won't hurt my feelings...

Honestly, I don't know what to make of the search because of all the conflicting stories but apparently (If the social media world is to be believed), Wes Moore, Gail G. among a few others were contacted but all declined to pursue the conversation.

It also appears that social media "insiders" confused Kara's role as an advisor with being an actual candidate.

And yes, I did say that many were excited about KJH because it invoked a perfect fairy tale with her becoming the "new Pat" but the odds of her wining * NCs and being named Naismith coach of the century are kinda low.

No question, KJH has ALL of CPS mannerisms, even the stare routine. Does she have the coaching chops to back up the appearances. I hope she is getting there. Her results this season are encouraging.

But, KJH was not my ideal choice but I don't think Fulmer had an ideal set of candidates. I think KJH is on a better trajectory than Fargas (who would have been my #1 choice to replace Pat seven years ago).

But once again, KJH is now THE Coach,. I am hoping she will shine in the role and I will give her the benefit of the doubt until the corroborating or damning evidence is in.

I don't think that is "flip flopping" so much as accepting the reality of the situation and hoping for the best.
MTV

Last edited:
I

Not a good look Phil...
m sure you could have done a better job

Yes he does. Sucks that our AD is so deaf and blind that it takes that maneuver to get things fixed.
Good lord man. You and Darth sound ridiculous. Barnes was the 2nd highest paid coach in the SEC last year. The season just ended. I'm sure the contract conversation was going to happen soon. Also, it was widely reported that UCLA's AD did not get our permission to speak with Barnes, which is standard protocol. Yet, Fulmer is "deaf and blind". Did you know about Barnes and UCLA before the story broke?

Reactions: butchna
No, I'm just a fan who has endured years of disappointing basketball who foolishly got excited that maybe, just maybe, the program was finally ready to get serious about women's basketball again....

Easy D

Give "change a chance"
The program is serious about wbb
If it wasn't, there would have never been this conversation

I guess what would bug me the most is if he throws out 5M a year to the men’s coach and 500k to the women’s side . They always say you can gauge someone’s values by looking in their checkbook ......

In 2017, the men's BB program had a $5.8 mil profit. The women's BB program lost $2.35 mil. Hard to justify paying a huge number for a women's coach.

Or maybe things weren’t quite as broken as you’re making them out to be.

I disagree. When you have a guy paying assistants out of his own pocket, that is a red flag in terms of how he feels about the athletic department. Barnes to UCLA was a total square peg in a round hole, none of that made sense to anyone, except for maybe a guy tired of a bs situation.

Good lord man. You and Darth sound ridiculous. Barnes was the 2nd highest paid coach in the SEC last year. The season just ended. I'm sure the contract conversation was going to happen soon. Also, it was widely reported that UCLA's AD did not get our permission to speak with Barnes, which is standard protocol. Yet, Fulmer is "deaf and blind". Did you know about Barnes and UCLA before the story broke?

Why does it matter if I knew? I am not his boss.

If we agree that Barnes is a stand up guy for the most part and that him in LA at 65 seems awkward as hell, then it is obvious that he felt he was getting a total shaft prior to yesterday.

I disagree. When you have a guy paying assistants out of his own pocket, that is a red flag in terms of how he feels about the athletic department. Barnes to UCLA was a total square peg in a round hole, none of that made sense to anyone, except for maybe a guy tired of a bs situation.
It was a red flag two years ago when it happened (not under Fulmer's watch), and an NCAA violation. Assistants got raises since then, specifically Desmond Oliver, the one assistant Barnes thought deserved more. And if I'm not mistaken Rob Lanier was one of the highest paid assistants in the country before he left.

And if you read Barnes' quotes, he explains it. UCLA is a blue blood and a respected basketball program.

Besides, if this were the BS situation you're making it out to be, Barnes would likely be in California right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1
It was a red flag two years ago when it happened, and an NCAA violation. Assistants got raises since then, and if I'm not mistaken Lanier was one of the highest paid assistants in the country before he left.

And if you read Barnes' quotes, he explains it. UCLA is a blue blood and a respected basketball program.

Besides, if this were the BS situation you're making it out to be, Barnes would likely be in California right now.

Of course he is going to compliment UCLA and say it was just a tremendous opportunity to be explored. He isn't going to throw shade to the place he just signed with and say I almost went to UCLA because of how bad the situation was here.

No, like I said, no one thought that was a good fit. He stayed because he must have gotten his complaints taken care of and because he even knew UCLA was not a good fit. But they were useful for leverage.

Not a good look Phil...
Good grief! At least giver her a chance!

Not a good look Phil...
How’d this shish work out for ya? Lol

VN Store

Back