For those who never saw them or forgot what it looked like...

a47.jpg

I am a big Crouch fan, he played HS ball at the same school i played...Harding HS in Charlotte NC. He has been given the number 27 jersey, and Al is a big supporter that meets with our kids. Those shoes are too big even for Crouch to fill IMO, you can not ever expect a kid to be as great as arguably the best LB to ever play here. I believe he will so very well for us. I was surprised to learn that he has been getting so many reps as a 3-4 outside backer instead of inside...but i trust that CJP knows whats best on defense and will put Crouch where he can be a beast. Probably Toot coming in the fall as an ILB has a lot to do with the picture at LB as well

I have posted before about this class..
Since the Fulmer era ended, i have NEVER seen our Vols address NEEDS as well as CJP did with this class. A dozen linemen, 2 GREAT LBs, a stud RB, and 2 of the top 15 offensive tackles in the country, as well as a good QB that showed out at the Elite 11...we got exactly what we needed most
Ended up with supposedly the 11th ranked class, by need, we were top 3 I would bet. Even with battered Vol syndrome, i believe with a top 10 class in 2020, we will be back in 2021 to having a top 10 program nationally, with only bama and jawja having better rosters than us. We truly signed an amazing class this year, and already have a top shelf QB that will challenge from day 1 coming in next year.

Boy, do I miss Al Wilson. Him and Dale Carter are the 2 most dominant athletes we have had on defense in my lifetime. They were both the best players on the field every time that they stepped on it...and knew it. Both were also 1st team AA twice or more in every national publication.

I am a big Crouch fan, he played HS ball at the same school i played...Harding HS in Charlotte NC. He has been given the number 27 jersey, and Al is a big supporter that meets with our kids. Those shoes are too big even for Crouch to fill IMO, you can not ever expect a kid to be as great as arguably the best LB to ever play here. I believe he will so very well for us. I was surprised to learn that he has been getting so many reps as a 3-4 outside backer instead of inside...but i trust that CJP knows whats best on defense and will put Crouch where he can be a beast. Probably Toot coming in the fall as an ILB has a lot to do with the picture at LB as well

I have posted before about this class..
Since the Fulmer era ended, i have NEVER seen our Vols address NEEDS as well as CJP did with this class. A dozen linemen, 2 GREAT LBs, a stud RB, and 2 of the top 15 offensive tackles in the country, as well as a good QB that showed out at the Elite 11...we got exactly what we needed most
Ended up with supposedly the 11th ranked class, by need, we were top 3 I would bet. Even with battered Vol syndrome, i believe with a top 10 class in 2020, we will be back in 2021 to having a top 10 program nationally, with only bama and jawja having better rosters than us. We truly signed an amazing class this year, and already have a top shelf QB that will challenge from day 1 coming in next year.

Boy, do I miss Al Wilson. Him and Dale Carter are the 2 most dominant athletes we have had on defense in my lifetime. They were both the best players on the field every time that they stepped on it...and knew it. Both were also 1st team AA twice or more in every national publication.
Yes, but, where are the bucket hats, dammit?! 😈

Yes, but, where are the bucket hats, dammit?! 😈

My whole family is from ktown, but i married a Carolina girl and am stuck in Charlotte. Her whole family are Heels fans, and I have pulled for the Heels when they play anyone except Tennessee since i moved here 30 years ago as a kid. I have told folks that I am a Tennessee Tarheel for many years. Funny thats your user name. Go Vols

My whole family is from ktown, but i married a Carolina girl and am stuck in Charlotte. Her whole family are Heels fans, and I have pulled for the Heels when they play anyone except Tennessee since i moved here 30 years ago as a kid. I have told folks that I am a Tennessee Tarheel for many years. Funny thats your user name. Go Vols
There is another contributor using Tennessee Tarheel, too. I just found out about them recently when I saw their post. I thought I was having a senior moment because I didn't remember posting! LOL!

Loved it. I'd put them right behind Adkins, Reynolds, White and Kiner. My all-time favorites were Butkus, Night Train Lane and Jack "The Assassin" Tatum.

Reactions: OneManGang

VN Store

Back