Just pay the Baylor coach whatever it takes

Not even comparable. The women's sweet sixteen still has about half of its teams that aren't very good.
This statement argues against you. If there are weak teams in the top 16, there are much weaker teams in the top 44 (the 11 seeds). And one of these very weak 11 seeds (coached by KJH) beat much higher seeds. I am not convinced KJH is the right person, but I don't think some of you on the forum are giving her credit for the coaching job she did last year with much less talent than the top 16 seeds. If she is the new coach, I will support her until there is a reason not to.

This statement argues against you. If there are weak teams in the top 16, there are much weaker teams in the top 44 (the 11 seeds). And one of these very weak 11 seeds (coached by KJH) beat much higher seeds. I am not convinced KJH is the right person, but I don't think some of you on the forum are giving her credit for the coaching job she did last year with much less talent than the top 16 seeds. If she is the new coach, I will support her until there is a reason not to.
Actually, numbers 9 through exactly 44 are solidly classified as mediocre. With that range being even in their qualification, it cannot be considered an accomplishment.

Actually the men had fewer teams seeded lower than 4 in the sweet sixteen this year than the women did.

Actually, numbers 9 through exactly 44 are solidly classified as mediocre. With that range being even in their qualification, it cannot be considered an accomplishment.

Kim makes 2.1 million. You think CPF would ever touch that price? Heck no. That's why I don't believe we will get a top of the line coach, but can always dream of one

Reactions: BUBear

Iowa State was a 3 seed. Stanford was a 2 seed.

Harper advanced as far as Barnes, whose team was ranked #1 for several weeks. Would you say that Barnes' job this year was "not an accomplishment"?

Iowa State was a 3 seed. Stanford was a 2 seed.

Harper advanced as far as Barnes, whose team was ranked #1 for several weeks. Would you say that Barnes' job this year was "not an accomplishment"?
Barnes played against college men's teams, of which there are more than single digit number of competitive teams. The women's game falls off dramatically after the first few teams.

If I'm PF, I try to sell KM with the idea, just like the Ryman Auditorium is said to be the Mother Church of country music, so should the UT Lady Vols and WBB at UT be to women's college basketball. Tell Kim to come home to Tennessee these last few yerars and set things right. As for leaving Baylor, everybody thought she'd never leave Louisiana Tech either after being born in that state, an AA as a player. and a NC as their coach. Make her say no under any circumstance PF.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Barnes played against college men's teams, of which there are more than single digit number of competitive teams. The women's game falls off dramatically after the first few teams.

So, if we can't get one of the top six or eight team's coach, it really doesn't matter whom we get re: championship potential?

Calling Molly Miller....

So, if we can't get one of the top six or eight team's coach, it really doesn't matter whom we get re: championship potential?

Calling Molly Miller....
That's not far off from being correct, though my main original point is being distorted. The point was that KJH tournament performance does not override her failed P5 history.

That's not far off from being correct, though my main original point is being distorted. The point was that KJH tournament performance does not override her failed P5 history.

It sounds as though, and this may be correct, that the pool of truly talented, extraordinary players is so limited that only a handful of the same schools have a shot at a NC. The fact that women's FF are almost always #1 seeds vs. #2 seeds seems to support that.

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
Tennessee wont have decent money for the next women's head basketball coach since it looks like they will be looking for a new men's head basketball coach also.

Reactions: TenUhSee

VN Store

Back