Id have a beer with bruce

I fail to understand the hate fest around Pearl. Dude made UT basketball relevant for the first time in a long time and was only tired to direct attention away from football program at the time. Lol
I dont hate the guy. It just stings wayyyyyy too much for me to pull for him getting all these accomplishments at a Rival school. Bruce was very open about goals to break down. Wanted to win 1st SEC tournament in forever. He also wanted to get us to Elite 8 and Final 4. He did 1 of those and came close at the other 2. I just cant stand for Auburn fans to get to reach these goals with what still feels like our coach.

Reactions: Remy
I can honestly say I have never lied when millions of dollars were at stake and the truth would have gotten you a timeout or your phone taken away for the weekend.

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
I dont hate the guy. It just stings wayyyyyy too much for me to pull for him getting all these accomplishments at a Rival school. Bruce was very open about goals to break down. Wanted to win 1st SEC tournament in forever. He also wanted to get us to Elite 8 and Final 4. He did 1 of those and came close at the other 2. I just cant stand for Auburn fans to get to reach these goals with what still feels like our coach.

Auburn isn't that much of a rival school imo lmao

You guys casting stones in here better be careful. We’ve avoided really getting hit where it would hurt the most. You all know damn well as I do that if anyone really felt like digging it probably would unearth some things . If we ever did get popped, it would be incredibly embarrassing because there would be nothing to show for it for a long time.

I wonder what his go-to beer is for his barbeques? I know that Fulmer likes hefeweizen.

Auburn isn't that much of a rival school imo lmao
I'm not going pull for Bruce Almighty & Stevie Boy Wonder , but it makes sense if a player like Stevie couldn't picked for Rec league team
you need put him on your coaching staff $ $ $...………………...…......GO VOLS

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Bruce screwed us over by just telling a little lie and just giving away some free food to some kids. How many years did that set the basketball program back? I'll never understand the love for him.

Bruce also skirted around a few other restrictions that put UT on minor probation AFTER firing him. Everyone remembers the cookout but they don’t remember the other crap.

I agree. IMO Pearl's violations compared to the shiznit show they had running for years at UNC should have required him to be hit with a powder puff. Pearl should have remained at UT IMO, although I am tickled Barnes is getting things done seemingly.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I agree. IMO Pearl's violations compared to the shiznit show they had running for years at UNC should have required him to be hit with a powder puff. Pearl should have remained at UT IMO, although I am tickled Barnes is getting things done seemingly.
What Pearl should have done is just have any member of the student body who wanted to come over to the cookout. Basketball players, regular students, everyone. That's how UNC got away with the fake classes...seriously. Those fake classes weren't a benefit available to just athletes - any student could register for and take them - so the NCAA didn't have jurisdiction to declare them an "impermissible benefit" for athletes. Total technicality.

What Pearl should have done is just have any member of the student body who wanted to come over to the cookout. Basketball players, regular students, everyone. That's how UNC got away with the fake classes...seriously. Those fake classes weren't a benefit available to just athletes - any student could register for and take them - so the NCAA didn't have jurisdiction to declare them an "impermissible benefit" for athletes. Total technicality.
What Pearl should have done is said, "Yep, you got me. Those kids were at the cook out." He would have been slapped with a secondary violation with little consequence, and still be the coach at UT. THAT is what he should have done.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
What Pearl should have done is said, "Yep, you got me. Those kids were at the cook out." He would have been slapped with a secondary violation with little consequence, and still be the coach at UT. THAT is what he should have done.
The real question is why he'd lie about something that insignificant. Was there more going on than just a cookout, hence the lie?

The real question is why he'd lie about something that insignificant. Was there more going on than just a cookout, hence the lie?
Good question. Was he just stupid and thought he'd get away with it, or was he hiding something else? It made no sense to turn a minor transgression into something much bigger, so why did he do it?

VN Store

Back