Pruitt optimistic that Solomon and Gibbs will be eligible 2019

I will happily admit I was wrong if he succeeds here. But right now his path is very similar to Jones (look bad year one and blame it on a lack of talent. Bad 1st recruiting class followed by an on paper decent 2nd recruiting class)

I won't say you're right or wrong, but every professional sports writer/personality was talking about our lack of talent before Pruitt's first season even started. The ONLY people who thought we might have a good team are on this board.

Edit... oh, and Kirk Herbstreit.

I agree with some of these. The defense was particularly awful against Vandy and that can't simply be explained away by lack of talent. We got outcoached plain and simple.

That said, you can do the same thing with virtually every championship-winning coach of the past 25 years for their 1st season. 1st seasons are historically difficult in coaching transitions. Saban had the loss to Louisiana-Monroe. Kirby had the terrible loss to Ole Miss. Pete Carroll went 6-6. Spurrier was 7-5 his first season @ South Carolina with several blowout losses. It's a rarity to see a coach take over a bad situation and immediately turn it around in Year 1.

Even though I was very frustrated by the Vandy loss, I tend to disregard it a bit since it was Year 1.

As for Mizzou, I honestly never thought we were beating them. It was a terrible matchup for us. Kentucky had a 1-dimensional offense and we were able to beat them by clamping down on the run and daring them to pass on us. Mizzou's offense was much more balanced and we simply did not have the horses to compete unfortunately.

I also don't think anyone would've succeeded with the O-line situation last season. Pruitt and Friend inherited a mess there.
Vandy was just as balanced as Mizzou.

If a players scholarship has to be renewed every year a player should have the time and opportunity to transfer without penalty before the scholarship is renewed. If the scholarship is for 4 years the school should be locked into paying tuition, room and board for that student for the 4 years and the student should have to sit out a year if they transfer.
I’d be for it. Is also be for a salary cap of $1mil on coaches and having them have to teach a class on campus. Cap athletic spending and put the rest back into education. Tell these dicks like Saban to go prove it in the pros.

I realize it. But as usual, the ncaa is getting it wrong. It’s gonna hurt college football as a whole. Kid wants to transfer, that’s fine. But there’s gotta be a penalty, and sitting out a year was a good one that wasn’t particularly punitive.....still got your education paid for while getting s year to acclimate and develop. Better go back to that imo.

God forbid there be any penalty for transferring... you're keeping poor kids who were misled from bettering themselves if they have to sit a year.

I agree 100%. I was told I was the problem for thinking this way and that I was keeping kids from bettering themselves. Smdh...

Reactions: KBVol and Mccage
I will happily admit I was wrong if he succeeds here. But right now his path is very similar to Jones (look bad year one and blame it on a lack of talent. Bad 1st recruiting class followed by an on paper decent 2nd recruiting class)
You woudl bitch and complain no matter what ... bet you are a joy to live with

Reactions: butchna
The guy I quoted used the term Balanced. I didn’t argue Vaughn wasn’t a better RB than any body. I was saying vandy was not as balanced as Missouri was.
Depends on your definition of balance. Mizzou averaged 272 passing and 197 rushing. Vandy averaged 240 passing and 157 rushing. To me, that is pretty balanced.
On the flip side, you had a Kentucky team that averaged 165 passing and 201 rushing. Auburn averaged 209 passing and 164 rushing. CJP dared them to throw the ball, and they couldn't. Vandy and Mizzou could. It's really simple.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
You woudl bitch and complain no matter what ... bet you are a joy to live with

I am one of the few people around here who gives Butch credit for beating UF in 16 b/c I always said if he beats them he deserves credit for it. A coach doesn’t deserve our respect for putting on the Orange, they are paid for that. They deserve our respect for on the field success, something that we haven’t seen yet.

I’d be for it. Is also be for a salary cap of $1mil on coaches and having them have to teach a class on campus. Cap athletic spending and put the rest back into education. Tell these dicks like Saban to go prove it in the pros.
I would just go back to watching high school football. Not AAU basketball as they seem to be one of the main roots to the mess now we have in collegic basketball. Get rid of AAU and shoe sponsonered teams and agents and get back to why football and basketball games are played. Entertainment with out professional corruption. I can survive without modern day Roman Gladiators. At least, in the olden days, Gladiators who lost their challenges also lost their lives. They could not stick around and suck the economy of hundreds of million of $$$ for which we as consumers pay by buying sponsor's products. Teachers of grades k-12 need multiple jobs to make ends meet and often provide supplies which school systems can/will not provide. The scales seem to be imbalanced as to what is important in today's society.

I have finished my rant and feel much better.

When they're denied by the NCAA, I'd have my lawyer pen a letter to the NCAA as my "appeal". It would clearly outline my son's reasons for seeking a transfer and I'd have that letter detail the other instances that the NCAA has seemingly approved transfers with apparently no other reason than playing time. In a not so subtle way, I'd make it clear that I'll be challenging this decision in court. It's really the only thing the NCAA fears. They know if a kid takes them to court, they'll lose and the floodgates will open. Rattle the cages.

When they're denied by the NCAA, I'd have my lawyer pen a letter to the NCAA as my "appeal". It would clearly outline my son's reasons for seeking a transfer and I'd have that letter detail the other instances that the NCAA has seemingly approved transfers with apparently no other reason than playing time. In a not so subtle way, I'd make it clear that I'll be challenging this decision in court. It's really the only thing the NCAA fears. They know if a kid takes them to court, they'll lose and the floodgates will open. Rattle the cages.
The article said he did have an attorney -- they should fire him and get a more aggressive one -- the Fields and Martell waivers are a joke if the NCAA is denying others for similar reasons

The article said he did have an attorney -- they should fire him and get a more aggressive one -- the Fields and Martell waivers are a joke if the NCAA is denying others for similar reasons

He used the same atty as Fields; NCAA is just inconsistent.

VN Store

Back