Texas Tech

Extremely well coached. Knew exactly what msu wanted to do. Dominated until Owens got hurt

Who’s had a more meteoric rise than him? 3 years ago he was a Arkansas Little Rock.....

The Virginia-Texas Tech game Monday night will be a defensive battle.......... First team to 60 points will win.

Who’s had a more meteoric rise than him? 3 years ago he was a Arkansas Little Rock.....

Had three coaching jobs within a single month. Took over a trash program in Texas Tech and has overhauled the roster both years and made an Elite Eight and now a national title. It will be interesting to see how he builds this program.

Reactions: sport3500
Had three coaching jobs within a single month. Took over a trash program in Texas Tech and has overhauled the roster both years and made an Elite Eight and now a national title. It will be interesting to see how he builds this program.
Seems almost too good to be true...

Otherwise he’s legitimately one the best coaches in the country. Why wouldn’t any good program be after him?

Watching that game I kept wondering what an impact Tariq Owens would have made had he stayed at Tennessee. Pretty sure that would have been us in he title game instead of TTU. Alexander could have come off the bench for 10 minutes a game .. Owens has some dog in him!

Chris Beard will be a legend one of the best coaches I’ve seen in recent history

I like the way TT plays basketball. They are a very well coached team.

Same for Virginia. Both teams are extremely good defensively. I kept harping on defense for UT. It was their bread and butter. If they'd been more consistent with that, it's likely we would have made the final 4. Consistency. We just never found it.

Oh, btw, I also like the 5'9" PG UVA puts on the floor. Kid's a player.

How did he take over a trash program just 2 years ago and now has them in champ game? As a Tennessee fan I’ve been told, nay berated by so many “true” fans that it takes at least 15 years to build a decent team in any sport. So it just does not compute.

Watching that game I kept wondering what an impact Tariq Owens would have made had he stayed at Tennessee. Pretty sure that would have been us in he title game instead of TTU. Alexander could have come off the bench for 10 minutes a game .. Owens has some dog in him!
Not unless he redshirted, otherwise his eligibility would have been done last year had he stayed. Alexander and Owens are good examples of players that need redshirts. Look at Owens in year 5. Imagine if Kyle had that opportunity. I think Dane Bradshaw mentioning that Barnes needed to figure out a way to redshirt Kyle. Oh well.

How did he take over a trash program just 2 years ago and now has them in champ game? As a Tennessee fan I’ve been told, nay berated by so many “true” fans that it takes at least 15 years to build a decent team in any sport. So it just does not compute.

I feel you man. But, the fact is that those cases where such success comes are as rare as hens teeth. When the odds of landing such a coach are 1:1,000 then it's hard to expect to win that lottery. Bruce Pearl turned us around and had us as a 2 seed in yr 2 iirc, a #1 ranking the next and another 2 seed I think. Couldn't close the NCAAT deal, but that was a pretty rapid & dramatic turnaround from Buzz Ball.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Not unless he redshirted, otherwise his eligibility would have been done last year had he stayed. Alexander and Owens are good examples of players that need redshirts. Look at Owens in year 5. Imagine if Kyle had that opportunity. I think Dane Bradshaw mentioning that Barnes needed to figure out a way to redshirt Kyle. Oh well.
True, Owens should have redshirted his freshman year under Tyndall and if he had stayed to play under Barnes he would have made this years team a for sure Final 4 team. I have been extremely impressed with the way he plays, can even step out and knock down the 3 and is a great rim protector as well. He and Alexander together would have been one heck of a combination to rotate.

Seems almost too good to be true...

Otherwise he’s legitimately one the best coaches in the country. Why wouldn’t any good program be after him?
Looks like he'll be hanging around Tech for awhile.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back