Just pay the Baylor coach whatever it takes

We can dream. But let’s be realistic, she ain’t leaving Waco. I think people in the WBB world would be 🙄😆 at us if we did.

haha ..seriously .. no way she leaves a program she has built up to a power .. to go to a school that has just sat by and watched a Coach just run it in the ground ... I have been saying this since Holly was fired ..we dont have the $$$$$ to hire a big name at this time ..too much money has been spent to try get the money flowing back in for football which makes the $$$ to support all the other sports .... no the money we will have to spend will be around what Holly made .. we have to pay her buyout plus possible a buyout for the next coach .. dont look for any top 10 team coaches to come and try to live in the shadow of Pat and have to answer to that each game .....

She so reminds me of Coach Summit. She is a no nonsense old school coach that gets the best out of her players. If she can recruit at Baylor she can recruit here.

It's probably already been covered; but didn't KM play at Baylor? She isn't going anywhere. BAYLOR IS The UT of the past.

Kim-Mulkey-and-Dollay-Parton.jpg

Dolly's fixups can't hide the age in those eyes. What a beauty She was in the 70's on the PW Show. Google some of that. Geeze.

We can dream. But let’s be realistic, she ain’t leaving Waco. I think people in the WBB world would be 🙄😆 at us if we did.
I agree that she isn't leaving, but I would still sit down and talk to her. Great coaches in all sports know what skills it takes to win at a high level and they usually know what head coaches or some assistants that has those traits. That could be valuable info to our AD.

It's not the Tennessee way to open up the pocketbook. I wish it were, but history has shown us it's not.
New sheriff appears to open up more pocketbooks than previous ADs. At least, we are seeing football write big contracts and Barnes will get a sizable bump too.

Reactions: cutiepie5
She so reminds me of Coach Summit. She is a no nonsense old school coach that gets the best out of her players. If she can recruit at Baylor she can recruit here.

I hate to admit this, however, it is doubtful we have one iota of a chance of getting a top five coach unless we are willing to break the bank. We may have to find a non-power 5 coach with a lot of upsides. When and if such a choice is made, we need to stop complaining until that person has a chance to prove they can do the job. We need to trust PF on this one. Some of us are trying to find a reason for being unhappy before we have a ligament reason. Allow the process to play out.

These are the comments from Mulkey that make me think “maybe, just maybe.”

Attachments

• 83680BAC-25A3-4FB3-8799-86B03F4B5ED3.jpeg
    83680BAC-25A3-4FB3-8799-86B03F4B5ED3.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back