Westbrook Gone

When it comes to DP, I know who he is, so I know he has good info. He always comes with facts, even though he tried for years to spit shine Holly and make her out to be a good coach when a lot of us saw the light years ago. Regardless, that was opinion based, not fact based.

I'm not sure who OldNSlow is, although clearly they have connections. I have a theory they could be a former player but not sure. Regardless, they have pretty good connections if they have access to the portal.

WTBS, if push comes to shove, I'm taking DP's word.

This really shouldn't have been posted here about Westbrook. Players have the option to exit the portal, and leaking this is really low. I agree with a lot of what OldNSlow said about some of the candidates who have been proposed (OTOH, they turn around and prop Langley up on a pedastal, so wtf), but it's pretty slimy to leak this on a message board. Now she has little choice but to follow through, but maybe that was part of OldNSlow's plan.

Good. Notice I did not say the pool had those limitations Brian, nor did I say I thought it had those limitations. I know it does not. If the pool could only be women who played for Pat it would eliminate all proven final four coaches. I hope Phil can land one of those.

I love how you consistently address my posts with the wrong first name. It’s flattering, really, that you took the time to try and figure that out and missed so badly.

looks like Tn still shopping at the flea market for a coach and I bet they will bring in another former lady vol and get the same Holly results. You can tell they did not take notes from the past football hires.

I definitely hope she and the rest of the team stays together. If they do, they will make a sweet sixteen/elite 8 run easily and could potentially get to a final four. That’s how much talent they have. Including the post with KK and Mimi, when kk is healthy she’s very good. There will not be a hire worse than holly. Period. OLDNSLOW is right about the allure of UT. Yes, there still is a bit but it’s definitely fading quickly. There was nothing positive to be said about this team leading up to the tournament. Only talk of the horrible firsts. That’s all you hear about Tennessee now is how this is the first time they lost here or didn’t make this...

It sucks but it is what it is. We rode with holly too long because of emotion. I am/was all for KJH. I still want her to be given an interview. She’s a good coach. I also, would love if they looked at Graves. I haven’t heard his name bounced around but it should. Cori Close. Let’s get someone who can bring offense to this team. Tennessee has a culture of being tall and athletic, but no offense. That needs to change in order to win now.

Evina is a star. If she leaves some team with a good post player and a good shooter, is going to be very happy. I hope she stays and doesn’t listen to the unhappy people that continue to blame her for expecting more from her coaching staff. Never question the heart of an athlete unless you have literally walked in their shoes, had the conversations with their coaches and their families to formulate your ignorant opinion.

The only thing I think when I see this thread is that being a fan was a lot more fun back when there wasn't an internet to peel back the curtain on every single damn thing that happens inside athletic departments and their programs.

I'm not saying departments should operate with completely impunity -- just that sometimes I think it's a lot healthier, and probably wiser, to judge the outcomes of decisions (such as adding a name to the transfer portal) rather than the decisions themselves.

You know what? Most of you just dont get it and I understand. Fans. But here is what I know. I hate to lose and we are losing. We lost to freaking Vanderbilt. And we are gonna end up going cheap and/or hire a mid major coach, or a coach that has 0 experience? And I get taken to task for saying the search so far is a cluster? Some of you and your choices for coaches make anyone that remotely know the landscape of the game today cringe in unbelief that some of the things that has been said on here. I dont even know what to say.
Tude alert!

When players declare transfer, do the players initiate contact with programs or the other way around, or both?

That is why we need to name a coach to sort out all this. Players that are leaving players that are coming and get the recruiting class determined. I expected two or three to leave the program but you don't know anything until new coach is hired.

Reactions: PG1
When players declare transfer, do the players initiate contact with programs or the other way around, or both?
It can be both ways but the player usually contacts a few programs before entering to gage interest. You don't want to become a transfer and have no where to go. If I was guessing with her I would say one of the Oregon schools. She can change her mind but think she would want to enter the new school for the next session which is May 28th at Tennessee and probably about the same at other schools.

Raoul has her listed on his transfer portal list.

Women’s Basketball Transfers: Fall 2018–Summer 2019

I always thought she was leaving I think her mother had hinted it over a month ago.
Oh goodness its now public knowledge and why dont you guys slam Raoul like you did me. I could comment much more but I wont for fear of being blasted by the old school people.

Truthfully we all want the same. To win and get our once storied program back to at least having a shot at winning a NCAA tourney game. :rolleyes:

That is why we need to name a coach to sort out all this. Players that are leaving players that are coming and get the recruiting class determined. I expected two or three to leave the program but you don't know anything until new coach is hired.
Fulmer needs to pull the trigger on hiring KJH then let the chips fall as they may then she can start to build the team as she sees fit! Which IMO will be players just like her! Those are the players that this program has been missing for many years!

Good luck to Evina, I feel for the current players having to deal with this. It was quite clear there was a rift between the coaching staff and the players last season. Unless they name a well respected, high profile coach soon we will see more. Hope Evina might still change her mind, I did love watching her play and it was obvious there was super potential there that wasn’t being developed. She will be a top caliber player at another program very likely.

Fulmer needs to pull the trigger on hiring KJH then let the chips fall as they may then she can start to build the team as she sees fit! Which IMO will be players just like her! Those are the players that this program has been missing for many years!

So what type of players are those? Did Holly not seek to sign players "just like her", too? Ever stop to consider that maybe the players of today are far different from those of KJH/Warlick era? This notion that coach x signed a bunch of prima donnas whereas coach y will go find us a bunch of hard nosed champions is a bit simplistic don't you think?

looks like Tn still shopping at the flea market for a coach and I bet they will bring in another former lady vol and get the same Holly results. You can tell they did not take notes from the past football hires.

Looks like it. Another former lady vol based on who is available = transfers and probably a losing season next year. Just going to be more of the same that we saw with Holly. And they’ll struggle beating the better coaches already in the league. MSST, TA&M, Arkansas, SC, and Kentucky all have great coaching and will be difficult to beat next season, regardless of who’s hired. With transfers and a cheap hire for a coach I predict we finish in the bottom third of the SEC again.

Not to mention we’re likely going to suffer a very embarrassing defeat to UCONN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Momto2
So what type of players are those? Did Holly not seek to sign players "just like her", too? Ever stop to consider that maybe the players of today are far different from those of KJH/Warlick era? This notion that coach x signed a bunch of prima donnas whereas coach y will go find us a bunch of hard nosed champions is a bit simplistic don't you think?

Give Holly and her staff some credit. They recruited the players and type of players you have to have to win at this level. They just could not manage them and all that comes with it. Thats why this hire cant be a lets train some rookie on the job. I dont dislike any coach thats been named in all these posts, but only a few can do this and have proven they can. Thats where we differ on who should get the job. Westbrook stayed till she saw a couple names go away. The kids know what I am saying is true and so does all of America who knows this business.

I could comment much more but I wont for fear of being blasted by the old school people.

Truthfully we all want the same. To win and get our once storied program back to at least having a shot at winning a NCAA tourney game. :rolleyes:

I wish you'd go on and comment what you know. You can put the rude people on ignore.

BINGO:cool:

th.gif

Schaeffer was an Associate head coach at a good program when he was named to Miss St. We need to find an Associate Coach from a great program because they know what running a program takes and are working in a system that has been successful. A lot of good one out there just need to determine who you think is the best. This has been the way that programs have become successful Walz was an Associate and a lot of other programs have went that route to success. I hope Fulmer will definitely consider all the great Associate head coaches out there before going the mid-major route.

Actually simple is a perfect way of putting it! There is nothing wrong with throwing a hook out to as many HS AA’s and catching as many as possible but somewhere in there you need to recruit some under radar type players who you know can really shoot the ball and maybe even handle it for you! If you have not noticed Ky, Mizzou. Ark, and others are beating us with kids just like that! A PG with b-ball IQ and leadership qualities would be great! Just like KJH was!

VN Store

Back